Live Celebrity Constellation 23 April 2024 Rome to Ravenna

surfnsun

2 hours ago, surfnsun said:

CruiseSWE, DH was able to solve the too short clothesline in the shower with these tied together shoestrings.  Seriously, his nickname is MacGyver.  😆 

20240426_085924.jpg

Love it 😂 Great idea! 👏🏻

Also, I was planning on bringing some magnet hooks. Are the walls magnetic?

12 hours ago, retired dude said:

we live in tampa so there are no other options with celebrity out of our home port and rccl out of tampa is the same 20 year old ships that also need attention....It is what it is, and we just returned from taking cruises out of miami and lauderdale...At lease least we are trying to be loyal customers, we just expect that if you raise the cruise prices by 30% that maybe just maybe a few upgrades to the cabins might be justified....We enjoy celebrity and have for over 25 years, we just want a decent return on our investment.....and yes i have discussed this with the parent company.  Like  i said if the ships are full there is no need to right some of the wrongs...It is the corporate way....just say'in

We live about 30 minutes north of Tampa and agree that the RCCL ships out of Tampa really need an update. We love the ease of cruising from Tampa.  We cruised from Puerto Rico on Virgin Voyages in February.  The flight times were crazy and waiting in the airports were a pain. 

Every time we drive to embark on a Miami departure we usually get lost driving when we get close to the port.  Tried flying, but dislike having to spend so much time in the airport. Really wish Brightline from Tampa to Miami was completed.

Another plus for cruising out of Tampa is that we don't have to leave our beloved standard poodle with his sitter the day before our cruise.

Love this thread!

7 hours ago, May B said:

Hey dude. I wonder if I know you. 😁

• Like 3

13 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Ok, NBLIVING,  so DH didn't order an Old Fashioned tonight, but I asked what might be a somewhat, maybe, questionable, not sure looking, say what?, but very friendly staff member..."what type of cherries do you serve with an Old Fashion".  To which she replied "we only serve maraschino cherries".  But I can tell you the cherry I missed last night was not your typically maraschino cherry.  Larger, not quite as red, and tasty according to you know who.  😆

When we were in Puerto Rico in February my husband had the best Old Fashioned ever.  Had some sort of cinnamon stick in it.  Have you ever tried that? 

• Thanks 1

@surfnsun Thanks for the Live Review we will be doing "your" Trip in 2 weeks Time so really a great Appetizer for us. 

I have one question: How did they organize the tendering in Portofino i.e. when could you reserve a time for the tender and what times were available for individual guests, Was it a problem getting of the ship early?

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

13 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

You brought up a special memory for me. We were in Venice on my Mum’s birthday in 2005. I took her to Harry’s for a martini. We tried to buy the glass, but the waiter said no. My Mum explained it was her birthday and offered to show him her passport to prove it. He declined. After I paid the check and we we stood up to leave, the waiter presented a clean glass wrapped in tissue paper to my Mum. She passed away in 2021, so many thanks for bringing that sweet memory back.

beautiful story..enjoy great memories!

1 hour ago, CruiseSWE said:

Love it 😂 Great idea! 👏🏻

I know, right.  It's amazing the stuff he packs "just in case".  I mean, who wudda thunk he would pack shoestring for shoes he didn't even bring!  😂.  I'll check on the walls later and let you know.  In the meantime, I took a bunch more photos (shocker) and popped on over to deck 3 where I found another stateroom tidy up friend who let me take a photo of the OV shampoo bottle.  Smaller, but still a good size compared to the tiny things in hotel rooms.  He did mention the quality of the product is not as good as what is in our stateroom.  Here ya go...

20240426_114515.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, surfnsun said:

I know, right.  It's amazing the stuff he packs "just in case".  I mean, who wudda thunk he would pack shoestring for shoes he didn't even bring!  😂.  I'll check on the walls later and let you know.  In the meantime, I took a bunch more photos (shocker) and popped on over to deck 3 where I found another stateroom tidy up friend who let me take a photo of the OV shampoo bottle.  Smaller, but still a good size compared to the tiny things in hotel rooms.  He did mention the quality of the product is not as good as what is in our stateroom.  Here ya go...

20240426_114515.jpg

You are the absolute best! So appreciate all the info! Thanks for also making us smile with your amazing sense of humour. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

When we were in Puerto Rico in February my husband had the best Old Fashioned ever.  Had some sort of cinnamon stick in it.  Have you ever tried that? 

Nope and thanks for the tip.  At least DH won't eat the cinnamon stick.  Lol

1 hour ago, Bernd_ffm said:

@surfnsun Thanks for the Live Review we will be doing "your" Trip in 2 weeks Time so really a great Appetizer for us. 

I have one question: How did they organize the tendering in Portofino i.e. when could you reserve a time for the tender and what times were available for individual guests, Was it a problem getting of the ship early?

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

Glad you asked as I meant to take a photo of those instructions.  I will do that a bit later and post it.  In the meantime, I recall you...or our case, Mr. Voluntold, had to go to the Martini Bar area, I think, to pick up a tender ticket.  We departed later in the morning and drew ticket number 25, and they were boarding number 24.  So, anyone with ticket 24 or below could go right onto the tender.  I think I remember they started handing out tickets very early, before arriving in port.  I'll find the instructions on the pitter patter (that's what we nicknamed the daily) and post later.  I may need more of this first 😄...

20240426_124824.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CruiseSWE said:

Love it 😂 Great idea! 👏🏻

Most of the walls are magnetic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, surfnsun said:

Glad you asked as I meant to take a photo of those instructions.  I will do that a bit later and post it.  In the meantime, I recall you...or our case, Mr. Voluntold, had to go to the Martini Bar area, I think, to pick up a tender ticket.  We departed later in the morning and drew ticket number 25, and they were boarding number 24.  So, anyone with ticket 24 or below could go right onto the tender.  I think I remember they started handing out tickets very early, before arriving in port.  I'll find the instructions on the pitter patter (that's what we nicknamed the daily) and post later.  I may need more of this first 😄...

20240426_124824.jpg

Enjoy them all 🙂

1 minute ago, Bernd_ffm said:

Enjoy them all 🙂

One was enough for a quick nap in the chair lol.  See attached for tender information from day 3

20240426_142548.jpg

20240426_142604.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, surfnsun said:

One was enough for a quick nap in the chair lol.  See attached for tender information from day 3

20240426_142548.jpg

20240426_142604.jpg

thanks for that much appreciated - would you know when they announced open tendering? 

2 hours ago, surfnsun said:

go...

20240426_114515.jpg

If you have sensitive skin or allergies, I’d check the ingredients.  There are some really long mystery ingredients in this stuff. At least one is known to cause skin irritation. Pic is from a plain verandah on the Summit.

image.thumb.jpeg.475723a97d519a2d26ad8ae25ac35f56.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2b0b96b78bfc94c3301bdd33994b4cbe.jpeg

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Bernd_ffm said:

thanks for that much appreciated - would you know when they announced open tendering? 

We finally left the ship about 1100am and they had not yet announced it.  That particular tender did leave a few passengers behind as the tender was full.  That seems to indicate folks get tickets but wait a little while to leave, which was the case with us.

• Like 1

These are the canvas located at aft beginning at about cabin 8159 on deck 8.  They appear to be covering the balconies on deck 6.  They are not a bother for us on deck 8, but I am glad we are not on Deck 7.  Just more fascinating, useful information from a traveler who missed a tour in Rome because she got the meeting point wrong.  😆

20240426_140933.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

NBLiving, we are at Cellar Masters and our new best bartender friend regrets to report they do not have Luxardo cherries, but thanks for asking as he was excited to meet the woman the staff have been talking about asking questions for what must be an entire ship of friends sailing in the future.😂

20240426_170833.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tbmrt said:

That sounds delicious!  My husband had a smoked old fashioned at a cocktail bar in our hometown and now I believe Celebrity does those too. He really likes them! We had a great bartender at the World Class bar one cruise who would try out different configurations of an Old Fashioned.  One had dark chocolate shavings on top.  Yummy! I'll have to have him try a cinnamon stick in one sometime.  

@surfnsun you are the best!  Thanks so much for taking the time to find out for my husband.  Also, glad to hear you are finding some great bartenders onboard 🙂  

Edited by NBliving
add info
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, surfnsun said:

These are the canvas located at aft beginning at about cabin 8159 on deck 8.  They appear to be covering the balconies on deck 6.  They are not a bother for us on deck 8, but I am glad we are not on Deck 7.  Just more fascinating, useful information from a traveler who missed a tour in Rome because she got the meeting point wrong.  😆

20240426_140933.jpg

Thanks for this photo...I had originally had a cabin on Deck 7 over these and I really wouldn't like looking down at them.

9 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Just more fascinating, useful information from a traveler who missed a tour in Rome because she got the meeting point wrong.  😆

Hey, that could happen to anyone, especially after a couple of Old Fashions (even without the correct cherries).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A few shots from last night after a very relaxing, much needed, sea day. MDR menu, MDR dress policy, ship officers. Seems to be a pretty lively ship compared to what I've read in the past.  Or maybe it's because it's a short video of the Martini bar area.  😁

20240426_170313.jpg

20240426_201628.jpg

20240426_190655.jpg

• Like 4

Good morning from Naples!  We have an 8 hour small group tour planned again this time to Pompeii, Sorrento, and the Almafi Coast.  Same company we used from Livorno to go to Florence and Pisa.  Italy Tours EU.  The driver was great and took us on the country back roads to avoid traffic going into Florence, where we saw and took photos of the Chianti Region.  We had a tour guide waiting for us in Florence that was very informative, although difficult for us to understand the accent.  We liked that we had 2 hours of free time in Florence and an hour in Pisa.  The group was 8 passengers and just enough seats in the van.  We are hopeful today's tour will be as enjoyable.

20240427_062837.jpg

20240427_062847.jpg

20240427_062817.jpg

• Like 8

23 hours ago, surfnsun said:

20240426_114515.jpg

Thank you! Good to know what is available in our cabin. 🙌🏻 Looks like deck 3 hallway got some TLC? From pictures I have seen online the door frames were a mint green, this looks much nicer. 😊