Live Celebrity Constellation 23 April 2024 Rome to Ravenna

surfnsun

8 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Actually, I'm glad you asked as I took a picture earlier of what's across from your cabin.  The first photo is the door across from you that says "crew service pantry".  Not sure about the noise but I would imagine it's used mostly during the day when servicing the cabins.  Can't be too bad compared to our neighbors who were up and in and out bright and early.  The second photo is from our balcony this morning, which is a bit more aft than yours on the same side of the ship.  Hope you can zoom in or let me know and I'll crop and repost.  It appears the boxes may be window cleaning scaffold which are well below our deck.  Finally, folks, beware the creativity.  I had to have two of these "puny portofino" so I'm well on my way to Ninja Powers.  😁

20240424_175920.jpg

20240425_081821.jpg

Thanks! I don't think the crew door is a problem because we'd sleep through a hurricane!  I am concerned about the canvas covers though...Would my cabin be over these?  If so, looking down may be a problem.  Also is window scaffolding that close to our cabin?  You are the best!  Hope you're having a wonderful cruise.

Your pics of Portofino are gorgeous…the snowy peaks in the distance add a lovely dimension! Very happy for you that you’re enjoying your holiday so far. Wishing they’d put T-pools on the S class ships and they’d have everything I’d want lol. Keep up the great postings, I’m very much enjoying following along! 
Cathy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Thanks! I don't think the crew door is a problem because we'd sleep through a hurricane!  I am concerned about the canvas covers though...Would my cabin be over these?  If so, looking down may be a problem.  Also is window scaffolding that close to our cabin?  You are the best!  Hope you're having a wonderful cruise.

Canvas covers are not a problem.  No, our cabin is over the cabin covers and we are much further aft than you.  You are several cabins into the picture and level with the photo so scaffolding is several floors down from you.  All good!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CruiseSWE said:

That menu looks amazing! Is this for all passengers in the Main Dining room or specialty dining? Thanks for all your amazing updates! 🍷🙌🏻😊 

Hello there!  All passengers in MDR!

18 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Your pics of Portofino are gorgeous…the snowy peaks in the distance add a lovely dimension! Very happy for you that you’re enjoying your holiday so far. Wishing they’d put T-pools on the S class ships and they’d have everything I’d want lol. Keep up the great postings, I’m very much enjoying following along! 
Cathy

Aww, thanks so much, Cathy!  You are inspiring!

• Like 1

Ok, NBLIVING,  so DH didn't order an Old Fashioned tonight, but I asked what might be a somewhat, maybe, questionable, not sure looking, say what?, but very friendly staff member..."what type of cherries do you serve with an Old Fashion".  To which she replied "we only serve maraschino cherries".  But I can tell you the cherry I missed last night was not your typically maraschino cherry.  Larger, not quite as red, and tasty according to you know who.  😆

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Provence55always said:

We stayed there about 15 years ago magically! Also don’t forget Harry’s Bar for a Bellini…..have a great trip.

You brought up a special memory for me. We were in Venice on my Mum’s birthday in 2005. I took her to Harry’s for a martini. We tried to buy the glass, but the waiter said no. My Mum explained it was her birthday and offered to show him her passport to prove it. He declined. After I paid the check and we we stood up to leave, the waiter presented a clean glass wrapped in tissue paper to my Mum. She passed away in 2021, so many thanks for bringing that sweet memory back.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, surfnsun said:

We did not pack anything in particular for evening chic night.  I'll let you know tomorrow night if we regret it as that's our first chic night.  I have seen such a variety of attire already that I suspect that will continue, but I'll scope it out and update here later.  As far as the cocktail.  I don't drink Manhattans as too much alcohol upsets the belly.  3 pre dinner martinis, 2 dinner wines, and a couple of post dinner ports is about all i can handle.  😆.  However, hubby does drink Manhattans and he had one last night.  He always gives me the cherry as I love them, but for some reason he ate it last night.  I might have to dump him.  Anyway, I will also check on the cherry 🍒 this evening and let you know.

13 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Good morning!  There are three, large dispensers to include shower wash, shampoo and conditioner.   Pic attached.  Also, the same brand and size of body lotion is in the bathroom.

20240425_084947.jpg

Do you happen to know if all the staterooms have the large bottles? I’m going to be in a regular OV on deck 3. Also is there a clothesline in the shower? Thanks! 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

You brought up a special memory for me. We were in Venice on my Mum’s birthday in 2005. I took her to Harry’s for a martini. We tried to buy the glass, but the waiter said no. My Mum explained it was her birthday and offered to show him her passport to prove it. He declined. After I paid the check and we we stood up to leave, the waiter presented a clean glass wrapped in tissue paper to my Mum. She passed away in 2021, so many thanks for bringing that sweet memory back.

So sorry for your loss. Loosing a parent is one of the big challenges in life. I hope she got to enjoy many martinis from the glass over the years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, May B said:

T.V. is meaningless to me, though Mr B does comment, usually once/cruise.

Port of Tampa, YES YES YES. We’re booked for January and March of 2025. Well, we live 3.5 miles from the dock!

with TV  working we can check our daily account, watch the navigation channel and repeats of onboard lectures we cannot attend..

Maybe we'll see you cruising from Tampa one of these days!  (Already booked for 2025 from Port Ev..on APEX)..We are about 90 min south of TPA

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

The Canvas  would not be a great view!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

you can always pick a diff ship..We are a NO until the in room TV system is turned on!  After that, we are a maybe...Port of Tampa would be the draw

we live in tampa so there are no other options with celebrity out of our home port and rccl out of tampa is the same 20 year old ships that also need attention....It is what it is, and we just returned from taking cruises out of miami and lauderdale...At lease least we are trying to be loyal customers, we just expect that if you raise the cruise prices by 30% that maybe just maybe a few upgrades to the cabins might be justified....We enjoy celebrity and have for over 25 years, we just want a decent return on our investment.....and yes i have discussed this with the parent company.  Like  i said if the ships are full there is no need to right some of the wrongs...It is the corporate way....just say'in

53 minutes ago, hcat said:

with TV  working we can check our daily account, watch the navigation channel and repeats of onboard lectures we cannot attend..

Maybe we'll see you cruising from Tampa one of these days!  (Already booked for 2025 from Port Ev..on APEX)..We are about 90 min south of TPA

At least you’re 90 minutes closer to Apex than we are!

Checking the acct. is one of the things Mr B likes, and I’m the one who likes the navigation channel. I don’t think either one of us knew we could watch onboard lectures. Have done that on Crystal and Viking.

He also likes to watch ESPN. 😁

4 hours ago, retired dude said:

we live in tampa so there are no other options with celebrity out of our home port and rccl out of tampa is the same 20 year old ships that also need attention....It is what it is, and we just returned from taking cruises out of miami and lauderdale...At lease least we are trying to be loyal customers, we just expect that if you raise the cruise prices by 30% that maybe just maybe a few upgrades to the cabins might be justified....We enjoy celebrity and have for over 25 years, we just want a decent return on our investment.....and yes i have discussed this with the parent company.  Like  i said if the ships are full there is no need to right some of the wrongs...It is the corporate way....just say'in

Hey dude. I wonder if I know you. 😁

5 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Ok, NBLIVING,  so DH didn't order an Old Fashioned tonight, but I asked what might be a somewhat, maybe, questionable, not sure looking, say what?, but very friendly staff member..."what type of cherries do you serve with an Old Fashion".  To which she replied "we only serve maraschino cherries".  But I can tell you the cherry I missed last night was not your typically maraschino cherry.  Larger, not quite as red, and tasty according to you know who.  😆

Thank you so much for asking! My hubby says he may bring his own supply just in case! 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CruiseSWE said:

Do you happen to know if all the staterooms have the large bottles? I’m going to be in a regular OV on deck 3. Also is there a clothesline in the shower? Thanks! 😊

Yes, there is a clothesline in the shower, although not very long as it's the length of the shower.  It's a much needed sea day today, so I'll can find out about the large bottles, no worries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, peanut head said:

What a wonderful trip!  If it isn't too much trouble could you post one pick of a daily program (including dining times)?  TIA

Thank you for reminding me!  I'll post those I have and continue each day.

• Like 1

CruiseSWE, DH was able to solve the too short clothesline in the shower with these tied together shoestrings.  Seriously, his nickname is MacGyver.  😆 

20240426_085924.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Someone asked about the dress for Evening Chic and it appears our first evening chic night was night before last.  I did see some cocktail dresses, although I saw plenty of not as dressy attire.  We did not go the dining room that evening so I can't speak to that.  Our other chic night is 1 May so I'll check it out again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2