BOA RCI Credit Card Reward Points

55 minutes ago, pharmdawg said:

Does anyone know how soon before sailing should you link the rewards to your account?

You can do it at any point but I would do it at least 3 weeks prior to sailing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pharmdawg said:

Does anyone know how soon before sailing should you link the rewards to your account?

I usually do it soon after I book. That way it becomes available for pre-cruise purchases.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

It is stated on B of A website no later than 7 days prior to cruise.

And while that may be true, good luck getting them to post it to your account that quickly

14 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I usually redeem mine 6-12 months out and I always get a confirmation within 2-3 days.

Wouldn't redeem that far out. What if you have to cancel? It may not be easy getting those points back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Wouldn't redeem that far out. What if you have to cancel? It may not be easy getting those points back

Points, once cashed in, cannot be transferred or refunded.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HERDFAN said:

Points, once cashed in, cannot be transferred or refunded.

Yes, they can. Once the points are redeemed, they now become cash. If you have to cancel, they will not go back on your card as points but they WILL go back as cash.

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Yes, they can. Once the points are redeemed, they now become cash. If you have to cancel, they will not go back on your card as points but they WILL go back as cash.

Good to know. I stand corrected. 

When I go to the website to cash in the points (I'm using the points for onboard credit), I have a choice of onboard credit (individual) and onboard credit (shared). What's the difference? Is it for my cabin (individual) or another cabin that I my want to apply it to (shared)?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pharmdawg said:

When I go to the website to cash in the points (I'm using the points for onboard credit), I have a choice of onboard credit (individual) and onboard credit (shared). What's the difference? Is it for my cabin (individual) or another cabin that I my want to apply it to (shared)?

You can have it dedicated to just you or you can share with anyone you want. Your cabinmate, somebody in another cabin, anyone. You'll need their name and cabin number but I don't think you need their reservation number. I always have it just me. Technically, it's also shared with my wife because I pay her onboard account.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

We have this card also and had the same questions! Where do we redeem the points? Is it on the BOA site or the RCCL site? If we use this card as our sail and sign, do we receive additional perks? 

2 hours ago, pharmdawg said:
  • So if I'm using it for my wife and I in the same cabin should I choose individual or shared (since I am sharing it with my wife)?

It’s probably easier, as mentioned above, to put it all in your name. If needed, you can move OBC around on board.