QA revised arrival Southampton

babs135

6 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

She'll also be slowing some to meet the pilot boat. I see PILOT V L MAYFLOWER is heading her way now.

All hoping to avoid the ultimate indignity of impaling her on the Brambles Bank on her first arrival, as QE2 did on her last. 🙂

• Like 1

Here's a webcam capture showing QA approaching Ryde. This is from the Solent View stream on the "Isle of Wight Webcams" YouTube channel. It's been a while since I've visited their webcams. This seemed like a great occasion for that. Looks like she's running about 5-10 minutes ahead of schedule.

QARyde2024-04-30.thumb.jpg.a22ba734e418a6543c21b48241b78766.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A bit like tennis commentators.

Many of them witter on about all sorts of things that have nothing to do with the match you are watching. Would be better if they just kept quiet and let the umpire announce the scores.

38 minutes ago, cpc3639 said:

I wish they were a little clearer on their facts. I think a little bit more research would not have been a bad idea. 

Some of the commentary is decidedly painful. 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, NE John said:

I feel like am listening to a golf tournament with the two commentators going on…

QA looks pretty darn good!

The bridge looks too low, or the front superstructure is too high…

5 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

The three Fincantieri ships all have the bridge on 8 deck, but where the QV and QE have the spa on 9 dk and Commodore Club on 10 dk above the bridge, the QA has three decks of cabins and then the Commodore Club on dk 12, so an extra two decks of suites.  I noticed when the deck plans were first released that the spa had been consigned to the bottom of the ship so that Cunard would have more space for balcony cabins.

59 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

The front profile does look a bit busy but the overall look is classy. I like the profile, it looks sleek while not looking like a mega-ship. Thank goodness we don’t see an amusement park on top or swirly things hanging from the side either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NE John said:

The front profile does look a bit busy but the overall look is classy. I like the profile, it looks sleek while not looking like a mega-ship. Thank goodness we don’t see an amusement park on top or swirly things hanging from the side either. 

Being longer than other Pinnacles helps.