4/22 BEYOND

Shellyd22

Good morning from the Beyond! Yesterday, we went to Coco Cay. I would do it again! Unfortunately the wind was very strong so water excursions were cancelled. But there is something for everyone on that island. I know there’s been a lot of hate on here about it but my husband and I just relaxed at the beach and pool, ate lunch and had cocktails and we’re back on board around noon. Relaxing time! We were there with Freedom of the Seas but it never felt crowded. Celebrity seems very interested in how their guests feel about this experience. The night before they left a bunch of goodies in our room and asked us to wear special wristbands for a “study”. Not too sure what they were trying to track honestly. Maybe what we did on the island? They gave us a baseball cap, water proof bag, spray mister and towel clips also. 

As my husband was in the bathroom before we got off the ship, I looked up and saw Laura Hodge Bethge and Captain Kate! Kate was kind enough to take a selfie with me. Of course my hubby was in the bathroom so all I got was a blurry selfie and I was too embarrassed to ask for another one 🤣 BTW she seems so much smaller in person! And she was very nice. 

I will do a review later, but so far it’s been a great cruise! Probably have only seen two kids and the retreat areas are lovely. Doesn’t feel too crowded around the ship either. For the first night we ate at Rooftop Garden Grille and last night was Eden. Eden was one of the best meals we have had in a awhile but we enjoyed both. Luminae is tonight! 

We are doing Luminae for breakfast and I’m going to attempt a F45 class! Have a great day! 

IMG_9595.thumb.jpeg.0532ac136701645851a5307ccc75169a.jpegIMG_9594.thumb.jpeg.cf3d067cb62759c3e9f4263b7efaf8df.jpegIMG_9598.thumb.jpeg.e5cbc576c4e12a11d637a4b5fad323c2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Glad you enjoyed CocoCay!  Have to laugh, however, as we have been there 6 or 8 times with RCCL since 1992, from when it more resembled a tendered deserted island to the massive waterpark it has become today.  And in none of those visits did we receive anything resembling the goody bag that Celebrity is apparently issuing to its guests with their early visits. Not even a "Welcome to CocoCay" note - LOL.  But that actually is a nice gesture.

I am certain, as RCI has developed CocoCay primarily as a family venue, that Celebrity is monitoring responses and island activities from its' guests closely to assure that their primarily adult market enjoys the island as well.  

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shellyd22 said:

BTW she seems so much smaller in person!

Yes, I thought so too! We got a photo with her - I look like a whale beside her 😳 Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

Edited by RK-NC
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the report on Coco Cay.  I was booked on Beyond to visit Coco in July and was supper excited, but a vacation conflict required me to re-book that cruise and none of my future cruises are stopping there as of now, yet another reason to book another cruise!!!    Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!! 🥂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

What beach did you end up going to, on Coco Cay? 

Chill island. We were going to snorkel and that’s the beach near the snorkel shack. Winds were too high and water was too dangerous to go further then a few feet out. Then we went to oasis lagoon pool for the swim up bar. 

33 minutes ago, Shellyd22 said:

Chill island. We were going to snorkel and that’s the beach near the snorkel shack. Winds were too high and water was too dangerous to go further then a few feet out. Then we went to oasis lagoon pool for the swim up bar. 

How was the crowd at the pool, I know by swimup bar area seems to be packed. My partner gets a little overwhelmed when people are practically on top of you.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

How was the crowd at the pool, I know by swimup bar area seems to be packed. My partner gets a little overwhelmed when people are practically on top of you.  

That pool is quite large and has corresponding large seating areas to accommodate the crowds.  But the swim up bar can get crowded as it is limited in how many people can be seated at one time.  But in general, CocoCay with the two ships that were there had a maximum passenger capacity of about 8,400 people and CocoCay is designed to handle 12,000.  It is unlikely that both ships were at maximum capacity (which is every available bed filled to lifeboat capacity) so overall it should not have been too crowded in any one area.  (Except maybe the swim up bar - LOL).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

6 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

I’m sure it depends on the time of year and what ships in port but it wasn’t bad. We never had a problem getting a seat multiple times at the swim up bar. The pool is huge so I think they will feel fine/not overwhelmed. I never felt my personal space was close to being invaded 

1 minute ago, Tierun said:

Was there an over abundance of kids running around on the island from the Royal ship?

No, not really. They were there but it wasn’t crazy. We encountered mostly adults. A few families on the beach of course but wide range of ages. 

7 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

I was thinking of doing Hideaway beach for $27 on my upcoming Beyond cruise. I just reserved it, but might cancel. Thank you for the information.

I will just say that when I was on Coco Cay during my Anthem cruise, I had a day bed on South Beach and was directly on the other side of the foliage (a pretty good distance PLUS all the leaves between them) from Hideaway and I could clearly hear the music blasting and thumping. I can only imagine how loud it would be there.

That may not bother you, but it's something to be aware of. It may be adult-only, but it's not meant to be serene...it's meant to be a party.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

I was thinking of doing Hideaway beach for $27 on my upcoming Beyond cruise. I just reserved it, but might cancel. Thank you for the information.

that sounds reasonable..Are food and drink, loungers and float mats  availble there? 

But we want tranquility NOT a music thumping party.. Had enough of that at the outdoor pool on ASCENT 

whats the most quiet area ?

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, hcat said:

that sounds reasonable..Are food and drink, loungers and float mats  availble there? 

But we want tranquility NOT a music thumping party.. Had enough of that at the outdoor pool on ASCENT 

whats the most quiet area ?

So the adult area has a couple more options for food, Pizza empanadas and coconut shrimp, Loungers and float mats are available. The pool area will be thumping, as there is a DJ, so if you like pool this is where you could suffer, to the left and right away from the pool it won’t be as loud. Chill island a south beach seems like a better option for no DJ. or if you want to pay for the beach club. Beach club is higher end, think of retreat, with lobster and filet but with the $100 plus price tag. 

will think about chill island!

not sure our next few will go to Cocoa..leaning towards ECLIPSE for 2026

thank you very much for all the info!

3 hours ago, Mort13ers said:

ShellyD

If its not too much trouble when you are out and about could you tell me what flavors of Selzers they have on board

Thanks

Right now on the retreat deck they don’t have white claw or high noon. I’m trying a strawberry guava topo Chico which I’ve never had but it’s good. I feel like I’ve seen black cherry white claw at another bar but I can’t remember but if I see anymore I’ll let you know. I’m sure they do.  

On 4/26/2024 at 2:56 PM, Mort13ers said:

thank you

Sorry I couldn’t be much help. I asked at the magic carpet and they didn’t have any. But to be honest they ran out of a few things so maybe they just werent stocked appropriately.