What can I book on the spot in Juneau?

kad56

I belive that you can book excursions in Junea from the docks. Does anyone have a sense of what's on offer and what the prices are? I want to wait until I get to Juneau to decide what I'm doing (if the weather's great, I'll go hiking, if it's raining, I'll see musuems, if I feel like it, I'll grab a tour). This is my fourth trip to Alaska, and probably not my last, so I'm not worried about missing out on a once in a lifetime experience. I'm just curious what my option are if I decide to wing it. I'll also be there in early June, and I suspect I don't have to worry about everything selling out.

I have seen the kiosks along the dock that seem to be selling tours, but not sure what they offer. I would say it might be a good idea to look at the date you will be in Juneau and check the port calendar to see how many ships are in town with you and the times. That could have an impact on availability, even for walk up tours.

This is kind of an old thread but it talks about the pier vendors in Juneau:

In the past there were indeed kiosks on the dock in Juneau selling walk-up tours.  This summer we are expecting record numbers of cruise ship passengers, so it may be more difficult to book a walk-up tour which would be of interest.