Horizon dress code

Reading the review info on CC, it says men cannot wear shorts to dinner on the Horizon.  Is that true?  Will be a deal beaker.

Just now, Shidah said:

Reading the review info on CC, it says men cannot wear shorts to dinner on the Horizon.  Is that true?  Will be a deal beaker.

You’re not supposed to on elegant nights but I do almost every other night in the MDR. 

• Like 2

Have seen it all across the board on every class of ship we have been on, pretty much anything goes in MDR (no bathing suit type of shorts).  That being said, the only place that I actually saw the management ask someone wearing shorts (nicer, dress type of black shorts with a collared shirt) was in the steak house. The gentleman left and came back with khakis (long pants) on, truthfully he looked more put together with the first outfit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shidah said:

By the book yes it is true but in practice it is not enforced. I basically wear pajamas 24/7 on Carnival these days and sometimes I am overdressed in the MDR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dad shorts (cargo shorts) are fine. Carnival asks that you wear long pants on the formal/elegant night but some people don’t.

I would say as long as you are not wearing pajamas you should be fine. 

Enjoy your cruise.

We were on the Horizon, in January of this year, for a eight day cruise to the A,B,C islands and went to the MDR every night and YES, pretty much anything goes, dress code wise, except bathing suits, it didn’t matter if it was “formal night” or causal night. 
On the formal night we saw t-shirts, shorts and flip flops no one seemed to mind. Granted there were passengers that got dressed to the nines, basically it was everyone’s choice. 
Just because Carnival has a dress code for the MDR it is not enforced. 
Enjoy your cruise. 😁

As others mentioned, yes it says no shorts on the 2 elegant nights, but it's not enforced. I wear shorts, sandals and a polo shirt every single night, including the elegant nights.