MERGED:Does anyone else have the NCL ad pop up from the right on every page?

Been having ads in every thread on Cruise Critic for many months (android Samsung S22). Would love to get rid of it....

Posted (edited)

I tried to click the "Learn More" bit to see if the ad would disappear like when you are watching muster videos on ships but this came up.  So back to square 1.  I will just have to give up on cc if it does not go away it's driving me crazy.

image.thumb.png.3ca87aee8f4facdb1234495d45212550.png

Edited by Ondine
change words
  • Like 2

I've found that hitting the escape button it disappears straight away but I have to do it for every screen change.  Not happy Jan

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I tried to click the "Learn More" bit to see if the ad would disappear like when you are watching muster videos on ships but this came up.  So back to square 1.  I will just have to give up on cc if it does not go away it's driving me crazy.

image.thumb.png.3ca87aee8f4facdb1234495d45212550.png

Yep. I tried that this morning with the same result. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

For those on the iPad, download and use Chrome. It blocks the pop ups without the need for a VPN. I'm just disgusted it's only targeting Australian users. The admins must have known about this to enable it to be targeted.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pushka said:

For those on the iPad, download and use Chrome. It blocks the pop ups without the need for a VPN. I'm just disgusted it's only targeting Australian users. The admins must have known about this to enable it to be targeted.  

Are you sure it is only affecting Aussies.?

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Are you sure it is only affecting Aussies.?

When I use a VPN and my IP address is based in the US, the pop up disappears. When I turn off the VPN and my IP address is Australia, it's back. I'll try flicking to UK and see what happens. But using Chrome it's ok as I've got additional spam protection on it. 

OK. UK is getting this pop up too.   The green dot is where my IP is thrown to. 

And I just flicked the VPN to USA. 

Pop up no longer occurs. 

IMG_1410.png

IMG_1411.png

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

So just about everywhere except the US.

Canada doesn't get them either.   Italy doesn't. France doesn't. Spain doesn't. I'm guessing maybe only Aus and UK are having the issue. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Canada doesn't get them either.   Italy doesn't. France doesn't. Spain doesn't. I'm guessing maybe only Aus and UK are having the issue. 

Not surprised about most of Europe not getting an Ad in  English.

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not surprised about most of Europe not getting an Ad in  English.

Doesn't explain US and Canada avoiding them though. 

16 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Doesn't explain US and Canada avoiding them though. 

Perhaps they don't understand English either, but it isn't just Australia getting it.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Perhaps they don't understand English either, but it isn't just Australia getting it.

Not sure what point you are actually trying to make. 🤷‍♀️

My point now being it's a selective targeted audience and the US market, Europe and Canada isn't impacted. And that's concerning. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Not sure what point you are actually trying to make. 🤷‍♀️

My point now being it's a selective targeted audience and the US market, Europe and Canada isn't impacted. And that's concerning. 

Why, we are some 15 to 20 hours ahead of the US and Canada, perhaps they are getting them as they wake.

As for Europe, why would they get targetted with English ads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Why, we are some 15 to 20 hours ahead of the US and Canada, perhaps they are getting them as they wake.

As for Europe, why would they get targetted with English ads.

If they were getting them I'd be seeing them when I switch my IP address to the US. I do see them when I switch it to the UK. I don't see them when I switch to Canada or Europe.

Thats the whole point of my posts earlier showing my IP location in different countries. 

Additionally there are posts from US people even though you think they are asleep and there is no mention of them having this issue. And they have not joined this thread either. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1