Silhouette main dining menus - meh

The menus are posted for my trip May 2025.  Very sad.  Whatever happened to lobster night?  This is a 10 night cruise.  No lobster, and menu items are clearly a means to cut costs.  Tilapia, seriously?  Meatloaf, turkey, pork loin, and the only beef I saw was basically sirloin, flank, and short ribs one night.  There is a prime rib dinner, but conveniently on the overnight in Bermuda, when a lot of people included myself will probably eat off ship.  Are they just trying to push people into specialty dining with blah menus?  I've already reserved three specialty, and will be off ship three of the nights.  Le petit chef is not my thing.  Perhaps a sushi night, and maybe Lawn club?  Is there any hope of good food and choices in the buffet?  

• Like 1

I recently completed a B2B on Silhouette.  The only specialty restaurant we did was Lawn Club Grill and that was delicious.  We split up the other nights between MDR and OVC.  I don’t think anyone in our group eats lobster so we didn’t miss that.  I didn’t hear anyone complain about food selection or quality.  I was very happy to see stir fry every night in OVC.  We were six happy, well fed passengers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't rely on what's showing in the app for a cruise that's a year out.  I have a cruise later this month and still don't have menus showing my my app.  Celebrity should just quit with the menu thing...they are mostly wrong anyway.

Posted (edited)

As other's have said you might wish to check out the current sailing of your ship to get a better idea of the menu selection.   Many of the items you listed are indeed on the menu but....

If I recall all sailing with more than xx number of days now  have a lobster night. 

Currently on Solstice -   While I'm in a suite I just looked and on our cruise there are 3 Chic nights and the 3rd -  Day 10 they have Lobster

IMG_5031.thumb.png.af56433f5dee36bd3275c1a18fee322d.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, jabrown40 said:

The menus are posted for my trip May 2025.   

Not a chance.  You're fretting waaaaay too far in advance.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, D. B. said:

I Like Meatloaf and Turkey.

For those who want Steak every night it is on the right side of the menu.

Yes steak, but it is sirloin according to our  app menu coming up later this month. Not NY, rib eye or tenderloin. And, I am disappointed in those.  I have already decided not to order any of their sirloin “steak” offering.   We will order from Tuscan instead. 

Edited by rinshin

I like meatloaf and turkey, but I can make it at home.  There just isn't anything elevated about these choices.  Not what I expected with Celebrity.

16 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you have never read it here before the menus on the app are totally incorrect until just about the time you board the ship.

And I sort of feel like, for the MDR across the ships I've sailed - Millennium and Solstice class - the menu are all pretty similar regardless of specific ship you're one.  There did seem to be "wiggle" room to make them unique to a region (I remember some interesting options for Aus-NZ), but in general there will be steak, there will be lobster, there will be crab cake appetizers, etc..  

So the app is certainly incorrect a year in advance, but Celebrity also doesn't go too wildly out of the "norm" in the MDR.  We are majority MDR diners, and while there have been some misses in various cruises, most of the time I have no issue picking at least one entree - and usually have to debate or barter with my wife to go halfsies.