Outrageous prices for Freedom

We have no problem waiting a year or so to go on Freedom of the Seas. We're patient and can wait for prices to drop. Besides, we've been to all the stops it goes to at least once and sometimes several times before. So, all in all, no rush.

I can say with no hesitation that I'd pay $6,900 to go on the Disney Cruise Line only when pigs fly. I haven't been on DLC as we are RCCL loyalists. But, for considerably less than that one could go for 7 days in Europe on Silver Sea, Crystal, Radisson Seven Seas and even Seabourn or Sea Dream Yacht Club, any of which will have food, service and included luxuries that would put any mid-market line (and I include DCL in mid-market regardless of price) to shame.

We got lucky enough and booked our corner aft balcony cabin last July and paid only $969 pp. Which at the time was only $100 more pp than the Voyager class ships. The price has since skyrocketed. But I think I would still book it in a heartbeat.

I can say with no hesitation that I'd pay $6,900 to go on the Disney Cruise Line only when pigs fly. I haven't been on DLC as we are RCCL loyalists.

Oh I have been on it and I can still say "when pigs fly". So I completly agree with you. We are back to RCCL and happy to do so. :D

I just looked on RC's website for 2007 prices for the Freedom of the Seas. Is it just me, or are the prices HIGH?!

We just booked a Family Suite 3 weeks ago and found the price to be really reasonable for the 8 of us. Why would people think there'd be deals or discounts on something so new that's "state of the art", and in high demand?

I love finding cruise specials too, but I wasn't expecting to find one on the Freedom of the Seas.

Maybe their pricing will come down once the sister ships are released in 2007 and 2008. :confused:

We sailed on Explorer last year in a comparable cabin and it was 1149.00 for pass. 1 and 2 and 599.00 for 3rd. We have a group going in 2007 and we were waiting until May 06 to book but had to hurry and book a couple weeks ago because all the triples and most of the doubles (balcony) were gone..... that saiDwe paid about 200.00 more for 1st two and 50.00 for the 3rd on deck 7. I have 14 cabins booked so far... so the there are very few people looking at how much more they are.... the supply of avail cabins is a very short list....

Supply and demand I was told they are not discounting any cabins either (AARP or AAA). Why would they have to?

We booked last year (4/12/05) and reserved a Jr. Suite on the Nov. 26, 2006 sailing of the Freedom. We got $100 off for Platinum C&A, we also get another $100 off for our stock, Total for 2 adults and 2 children, $3,700.

People think I am crazy booking so far in advance, I think I got a great rate. Can't wait, if it is anything like our Mariner trip (11/27/05) then we are in for a treat!

We also have the RCCL credit card and usually have about $300 in shipboard credit accrued by the time of sailing!

• 2 weeks later...
We have no problem waiting a year or so to go on Freedom of the Seas. We're patient and can wait for prices to drop. Besides, we've been to all the stops it goes to at least once and sometimes several times before. So, all in all, no rush.

I agree, we also have been to all the stops- and somewhere above it was stated that booking a year ahead is an advantage- as of this morning lowest price for a balcony for April 2007, after Easter is $1349 PP- still too much money for us having been to all stops- but I am thinking that I will go ahead and book hoping for price drops within the coming year- If it doesn't drop we can go ahead like someone stated above and cancel and apply the deposit to another cruise- We prefer RCI but when it comes down to it (please don't flame me) we can't justify the difference when we could get a balcony on another line and the difference in price would pay for the week's drinks!!!!:D

I have to say that the prices are much better this week.:) Saved another $640 on the maiden voyage.:D

Are you checking prices at RCCL's site or are you checking elsewhere? I'm just curious. Our cruise is Aug. 4, I noticed a $50 price drop in one of our PR cabins, but not for the rest of us in D2 balconies, which I don't expect yet. I check daily. I'm hoping that perhaps after the 70-day cutoff we'll see more price drops.

Exactly. My friends are already set to call on April 4th (first day of booking) and will pay the $6,900 pp.

I think once you sail on Disney and pay $2,300 per person for a category SEVEN, the RCCL prices aren't a shock anymore. :)

I happily booked and paid for the GS on FOS. It is actually costing us less than our last cruise.

I agree. If you want overpriced, book on DCL. We're taking the kids on FOS this year but looked at DCL. We got an OS on Freedom for 6k for four people versus over 12k for less amenities on DCL for four. (We paid over 5k for two people in an OS on Explorer last year so prices are not that different) Demand for FOS is high so as cabins became scarce, prices went up with demand. I booked last August for a Nov 06 sailing before most folks even knew what Freedom was.

Archived