Ovation of the Seas - walking time

Never been on a ship as large as this.  We will be on the 12th deck.  How long should I allow to get from our cabin to the main dining room for a 5:00 set dining time?

6 minutes ago, LindaJ+ said:

How long should I allow to get from our cabin to the main dining room for a 5:00 set dining time?

That likely depends on where on 12 you are and if you are taking the elevator - figure about 5 min.

• Like 1

We always take the stairs and have been on the Quantum Class ships a lot.  It takes us no more than 10 minutes from deck 12 to get to the dining room.

We were in 12150. If we were not in a hurry we took the forward elevators and walked through the Esplanade. If we were running late we would walk down the hallway to the aft elevators and then down to deck three, could not be more than 5 minutes tops. 

Agree, 5 or 6 minutes tops, including elevator time.  How long would it take you to walk 1,000 ft at home, maybe 3 minutes?  Just trying to make a comparison.  The ships are big but quite manageable.

Also - I'm assuming with a fixed dining time (as part of a group)  that we will have the same table every night ... so the first night we should allow extra time for the staff to show everyone to their tables, but after that we can just walk in directly to our place. 

1 hour ago, LindaJ+ said:

Also - I'm assuming with a fixed dining time (as part of a group)  that we will have the same table every night ... so the first night we should allow extra time for the staff to show everyone to their tables, but after that we can just walk in directly to our place. 

Correct.  Though ws usually scout it out earlier in the day after we board.  Location could change but it's a start.

11 hours ago, LindaJ+ said:

You just need to coordinate at time for all in your group to show up at the MDR lobby. That may take a few extra minutes early to make sure all arrive on time.  When you check in, the maître d will have someone show you to your table.  It really doesn't require any extra time.

4 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You just need to coordinate at time for all in your group to show up at the MDR lobby. That may take a few extra minutes early to make sure all arrive on time.  When you check in, the maître d will have someone show you to your table.  It really doesn't require any extra time.

Well, that's not happening.  There's probably 100 people in this group.  Hopefully someone in charge of running the gathering will have this sorted out.

Or does your table # show up on your key card?

38 minutes ago, LindaJ+ said:

Well, that's not happening.  There's probably 100 people in this group.  Hopefully someone in charge of running the gathering will have this sorted out.

Yes, your table number is on your card. No need to enter as a group.  

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, LindaJ+ said:

Sorry, as you never specified, I guess I dangerously assumed your group was smaller. Your group size being the case I agree you will never likely all show up together, so you would only need to be a bit early the first night to confirm your table location.  And yes, whomever is the host will have the necessary details for check in, boarding, dining, group functions, etc., arranged as much as possible in advance and that information conveyed to you prior to boarding.

Just go and enjoy!

Edited by leaveitallbehind