Aqua Class -- First Time Cruiser with Questions :-)

Posted (edited)

My husband and I just booked our first cruise on Celebrity Beyond. We booked the Aqua Class because we wanted a veranda (I know they have the Infinite Veranda which some love and some hate), and we wanted access to Blu. 

I'm having a hard time finding information online about some of the other "perks" of booking Aqua Class that were listed, and hoped that this community might have some insight. My questions are below! 🙂

• I know that we will have free access to the SEA Thermal Suite, but I also saw something online about needing to reserve a time. Neither one of us are big spa people, and we aren't sure if we want to take advantage of any of the onboard spa treatments. We did hope to take advantage of the SEA Thermal Suite though. How does that work for Aqua Class? Do we need to make reservations? If so, were would we do that?
  • What type of fitness classes are available with the Aqua class room? Are they actually included in the price -- like I don't have to pay extra?? I feel like I read that somewhere, but now I am questioning myself. 
  • I have heard that the main pool area can get busy and seats after pretty early in the morning are hard to come by. What are the onboard cabanas like? Are they worth the cost? How does one go about reserving one? 
  • Neither of us are big drinkers (we don't drink alcohol at all, actually). I planned to get the non-alchohlic drink package so I could get sodas and coffee, but my husband only drinks water--except at breakfast. He loves orange juice. Can he get that in Blu without an additional charge, or should we get a non-alcoholic drinks package for him as well? 

Appreciate any information you can share! 

Edited by ren_reid

• ren_reid changed the title to Aqua Class -- First Time Cruiser with Questions :-)
3 minutes ago, ren_reid said:

My husband and I just booked our first cruise on Celebrity Beyond. We booked the Aqua Class because we wanted a veranda (I know they have the Infinite Veranda which some love and some hate), and we wanted access to Blu. 

I'm having a hard time finding information online about some of the other "perks" of booking Aqua Class that were listed, and hoped that this community might have some insight. My questions are below! 🙂

• I know that we will have free access to the SEA Thermal Suite, but I also saw something online about needing to reserve a time. Neither one of us are big spa people, and we aren't sure if we want to take advantage of any of the onboard spa treatments. We did hope to take advantage of the SEA Thermal Suite though. How does that work for Aqua Class? Do we need to make reservations? If so, were would we do that?
  • What type of fitness classes are available with the Aqua class room? Are they actually included in the price -- like I don't have to pay extra?? I feel like I read that somewhere, but now I am questioning myself. 
  • I have heard that the main pool area can get busy and seats after pretty early in the morning are hard to come by. What are the onboard cabanas like? Are they worth the cost? How does one go about reserving one? 
  • Neither of us are big drinkers (we don't drink alcohol at all, actually). I planned to get the non-alchohlic drink package so I could get sodas and coffee, but my husband only drinks water--except at breakfast. He loves orange juice. Can he get that in Blu without an additional charge, or should we get a non-alcoholic drinks package for him as well? 

I can help on the last question.  Both people sharing the stateroom have to buy the same drinks package.  So your husband will need to buy that also.  You can get coffee around the clock in the oceanview cafe, and of course, it comes with your meals in Blu.  So, it might be more economical for you to pay as you go for your beverages, rather than have your husband pay for a package that he may not use.  Enjoy AQ and Blu!  Have a great cruise. 

Posted (edited)

You schedule massages, manicures, facials.  You don’t book a time to use the sauna.

Many people use the Solarium instead of the main pool.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

They have orange juice and smoothies for breakfast in Blu.

Yoga for example classes are included up to a limit, 3 per person on shorter cruises more on very long cruises.

You also get 2 bottles of water per day, you may have to ask.

A bottle of not very good sparkling wine comes with the cabin, you do have to ask.

Not sure about reservations for the thermal suite, it may depend on how busy.

Doesn’t sound like the drink package makes sense.

Personally I really like Blu. Opinions vary.

The last time we were in Aqua class (2022) on the Reflection, you could also have some gym equipment delivered to your stateroom. I think we got a yoga mat, maybe some small weights & something else that we didn't use. I think we ordered online & our steward collected them the last night of the cruise. We love Blu too! 

4 hours ago, ren_reid said:

No reservations are needed for Aqua Class cruisers to use the Thermal Suite.  No fee. However, you will need reservations for the  other spa services and pay fees.

Included classes include yoga, fitness, etc. No fee. You will have a menu to choose from.

I would not spend the money on the cabanas.  Just go to the Solarium.

Freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juices are available at breakfast in Blu.  

14 hours ago, quicklabs said:

Both people sharing the stateroom have to buy the same drinks package.  So your husband will need to buy that also.  You can get coffee around the clock in the oceanview cafe, and of course, it comes with your meals in Blu.  So, it might be more economical for you to pay as you go for your beverages, rather than have your husband pay for a package that he may not use.  Enjoy AQ and Blu!  Have a great cruise. 

Quicklabs is correct in that both people sharing the stateroom have to buy the same package.  There is an exception to this, which doesn't really apply to you as it deals with one guest not being able to have alcohol.  As Quicklabs suggested it's probably best not to get any package & pay as you go if your husband mainly drinks water.  The orange juice your husband likes at breakfast will be included in your aquaclass restaurant, Blu.  You get three free classes each in aquaclass, (at least that's what I had on a 11 day sailing). I had to put my name down on the list for the classes I wanted the previous day in the gym as some classes had limited spaces (next to your name you need to write Aquaclass so they'll know not to charge you when you attend).  I attended the Thermal suite at times favourable to me no need for me to book.  Not sure about spa bookings/appointments.

You can bring soft drinks onboard I believe. Take your favourite drinks and ask the steward to clear the fridge. Buy the rest with the onboard account. You can find water available in the buffet and the gym ? spa cafe. We had two bottles of water every day in recent Aqua cabin.

My recent Millenium cruise I planned to do Pilates. However not available. It will depend on what the instructors are trained in.

I like to use the sauna after the gym when on a cruise. Millenium's sauna was not hot enough.

ren_reid, we just completed a 8 night cruise on Beyond in Aqua Class and can confirm all of the above postings.

• No need to reserve time in the SEA Thermal Suite, just show up. Reservations are only needed for spa treatments.
  • I understand that 3 free fitness classes are included. You will need to go to the gym once onboard and make reservations.
  • Yes, you are correct the main pool area will be full on sea days and maybe on port days as well. The chair hogs are still with us. The cabanas like nice, but small, and are less expensive on port days. Only you can determine if they are worth the cost. You can reserve them through the Celebrity app.
  • The fresh squeezed orange juice is include in Blu. You do get 2 bottles of water each day and I'm sure you can ask your cabin attendant for more.

Enjoy Blu, wonderful food and service.

On 5/8/2024 at 2:24 PM, boxkite said:

ren_reid, we just completed a 8 night cruise on Beyond in Aqua Class and can confirm all of the above postings.

• No need to reserve time in the SEA Thermal Suite, just show up. Reservations are only needed for spa treatments.
  • I understand that 3 free fitness classes are included. You will need to go to the gym once onboard and make reservations.
  • Yes, you are correct the main pool area will be full on sea days and maybe on port days as well. The chair hogs are still with us. The cabanas like nice, but small, and are less expensive on port days. Only you can determine if they are worth the cost. You can reserve them through the Celebrity app.
  • The fresh squeezed orange juice is include in Blu. You do get 2 bottles of water each day and I'm sure you can ask your cabin attendant for more.

Enjoy Blu, wonderful food and service.

Are they doing actual bottles of water now, or are they still doing the canned water? What brand of water do they offer for those two?