Specialty Dining on Symphony of the seas

Any packages have to be booked asap when you board. Doesnt matter the length of the package. They will do a placeholder the first  night. Usually most change it to whatever they want and book the other nights and try to board as soon as possible.

There have been a few reports that there is someone in the waiting area before boarding that is taking reservations. We have always found ships with Wonderland have almost no one in line. The host can make all your reservations even if you do not want Wonderland as a choice.  Rarely if ever is a pre reservation made for you. Cruise planner is just a placeholder reservation. 

As indicated, all specialty restaurant dining packages, with the exception of the placeholder reservation typically made for night one, are made on board.

Just go to any specialty restaurant after you board and the Maître D can confirm your preference for the placeholder reservation and book the rest of the nights and times for you at the restaurants of your choice.  It generally takes about 10 minutes.

I thought I read that they were switching the reservation system from on board only to beforehand on line (I don't have a package booked that I can check right now).

1 minute ago, celoplyr said:

I thought I read that they were switching the reservation system from on board only to beforehand on line (I don't have a package booked that I can check right now).

It's been talked about but not implemented.