New NCL Teacher Discount Program

NCL just announced a new year-round Teacher Cruise Discount, with 5% off cruise fare and $50 OBC.

www.ncl.com/teachers

TEACHERS CRUISE DISCOUNT
Booking Window: May 6, 2024 - Capacity Controlled
Applicable sailings: Fleetwide - 1+ night sailings - May 6, 2024 and beyond

Offer valid for active Classroom teachers (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12), Principals (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12), Assistant Principals (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12), School Employees (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12) and College/University Professors who are 18+ and legal residents of Canada or the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico). After verifying your eligibility with ID.me, you will receive 5% off your Norwegian Cruise Line cruise fare and $50 onboard credit for eligible sailings. Discount taken at checkout. Excludes taxes, service charges and previous purchases. Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify this offer at any time. Void where taxed, restricted, or otherwise prohibited. Providing fictitious, incorrect, or false information may result in termination of your account. All decisions concerning eligibility or interpretation of whether someone is entitled to participate in this program or receive a discount or benefit shall be subject to Norwegian Cruise Line’s sole discretion.

I qualify and submitted for verification through ID.me. Verification came through by email within 45 minutes. I did not have to use my work email, there are several other types of documentation you can choose from depending on your work status. In my case they accepted a screen shot of my public work web profile. Fingers crossed they will allow me to apply this for the June Bermuda cruise on Joy I just booked on Saturday 🤞

• Like 5

Thank you so much for sharing this information! Wonderful news! 

I just submitted my info in ID.me and it asked if I had a license number that could be verified by my state which I do so that is what I used to submit my info in ID.me along with my school name and school district.  I'm waiting to see if that worked or not. I am not a teacher but I do work at a high school and am licensed by the state.

Being a military veteran, I do get 10% off cruises with that discount and assume this can't be combined with the teacher/school employee discount of 5% plus $50 OBC. We will see.

14 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

Thank you so much for sharing this information! Wonderful news! 

I just submitted my info in ID.me and it asked if I had a license number that could be verified by my state which I do so that is what I used to submit my info in ID.me along with my school name and school district.  I'm waiting to see if that worked or not. I am not a teacher but I do work at a high school and am licensed by the state.

Being a military veteran, I do get 10% off cruises with that discount and assume this can't be combined with the teacher/school employee discount of 5% plus $50 OBC. We will see.

I just checked the T&C and neither program says not combinable with other discounts. It would be amazing if you can stack them! Even if they won’t allow the additional 5% hopefully they’ll still grant the $50 OBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though I am not eligible, I am happy to see this - the world would be a better place if we all valued educating our children more. Still, kind of interesting for a global company to only support teachers from two of the wealthiest countries in the world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pghflyer said:

Even though I am not eligible, I am happy to see this - the world would be a better place if we all valued educating our children more. Still, kind of interesting for a global company to only support teachers from two of the wealthiest countries in the world. 

I think this is less about support and more about playing to a market that enjoys way more vacation time than workers in other employment sectors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I think this is less about support and more about playing to a market that enjoys way more vacation time than workers in other employment sectors.

And much needed! Oh those days off were like the light at the end of a very scary tunnel. One with hooks, daggers, serrated teeth, screaming banshees, and all sorts of evil contraptions to trip one up.

I work in the aftermath of tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, and other disasters now. My life is much more tolerable and I'm far more tolerable to my husband for the career change. 😇

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, rnr4thatsme said:

Would Cruise Next or Cruise First be considered "stacking discounts"?

No. You should be able to use them with the discount. I have had success using them to make deposits with the military discount. 

• Like 1

Oooh yay!! And not just teachers, but staff too. Where would we be without our lunch ladies, classroom help, and district support teams? Comes just in time for teacher appreciation week. 😎

• Thanks 1

I think this is great. I know my teacher friends generally only take trips when school is out of session. So very expensive cruises and full boats, a little discount will help out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

No. You should be able to use them with the discount. I have had success using them to make deposits with the military discount. 

In a discussion a few month back about the military discount it was noted that the 10% was stackable and applied after other discounts. 

Verified quickly through ID.me. Now I just need to see if it can apply to a cruise for Europe we just booked a few weeks ago. 5% is a decent amount on that reservation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pghflyer said:

What two countries?  I have only seen id.me work for teachers from the US…

I signed up yesterday!

Today I have my pcc looking into whether I can apply the new discount to the two cruises I just booked last month.  I’ll keep you posted on how it works out!

2 hours ago, Andy0215 said:

Verified quickly through ID.me. Now I just need to see if it can apply to a cruise for Europe we just booked a few weeks ago. 5% is a decent amount on that reservation.

I tried to get NCL to apply it to a cruise booked on 5/4. My TA called and NCL said no, the code can only be applied to bookings made on 5/6 or later. If anyone has success otherwise please report in and I’ll try again. 🤞

30 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

What two countries?  I have only seen id.me work for teachers from the US…

T&C says “legal residents of Canada or the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico).”

Very excited about saving a little bit on future cruises.   Having an issue and hoping someone has encountered the same problem.   Please see the image of the pop up when I click the link to use id.me to verify my credentials.   

I do have an id.me account and have had my teacher certification verified.   

IMG_2195.png