Hotels in Seward?

shen61

We’ve stayed at the Harbor 360 several times. Nice view.
We’re staying at the Gateway Hotel next week, so I’ll let you know how that goes. 
Years ago we stayed at the B&B Resurrection Lodge on the Bay outside of town. It was very nice, but rustic and remote. You would need a car.

Harbor 360 is my recommendation.  We stayed there when it was branded as a Holiday Inn (or was it a Hampton Inn?).  The current owners have upgraded the facility.  Incredibly convenient if you are taking a Major Marine day excursion.

Winding Lodge can be rather noisy.

20 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Harbor 360 is my recommendation.  We stayed there when it was branded as a Holiday Inn (or was it a Hampton Inn?).  The current owners have upgraded the facility.  Incredibly convenient if you are taking a Major Marine day excursion.

Winding Lodge can be rather noisy.

Holiday Inn Express.

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2024 at 5:52 PM, Suzanne123 said:

We’ve stayed at the Harbor 360 several times. Nice view.
We’re staying at the Gateway Hotel next week, so I’ll let you know how that goes. 
Years ago we stayed at the B&B Resurrection Lodge on the Bay outside of town. It was very nice, but rustic and remote. You would need a car.

How was the gateway hotel

Another vote for Windsong Lodge. They have a free shuttle that does a loop from the lodge to the train station to the port to downtown (restaurants & shopping). There's also a restaurant on site and you can book a number of pre-cruise tours through them, with lodge pickup & drop-off.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:28 PM, juicyjuju said:

How was the gateway hotel

Unfortunately, we had to postpone the cruise ( sick dog) until July.  It was such a hassle ( and expensive ) going back and forth from Anchorage to Girdwood, to Seward, and back to Whittier over seven days that we completely changed plans and did a r/t Vancouver on Konigsdam, then a r/t Seattle on Westerdam.  I saw the forecast for more 95 degree days back home, so DD left, and I booked a last minute inside cabin on the Grand Princess SB to Vancouver.  Just boarded today.

5 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Unfortunately, we had to postpone the cruise ( sick dog) until July.  It was such a hassle ( and expensive ) going back and forth from Anchorage to Girdwood, to Seward, and back to Whittier over seven days that we completely changed plans and did a r/t Vancouver on Konigsdam, then a r/t Seattle on Westerdam.  I saw the forecast for more 95 degree days back home, so DD left, and I booked a last minute inside cabin on the Grand Princess SB to Vancouver.  Just boarded today.

Thanks for responding. Have a wonderful cruise!

On 5/17/2024 at 9:20 PM, SirTomster said:

I booked the Steller Inn.  I will not know how nice it is until after our trip next month though.  It looked nice and the price was good.

How was the Steller Inn? We have reservations there for next year the end of May.

1 hour ago, 3 WI Cruisers said:

How was the Steller Inn? We have reservations there for next year the end of May.

It was very nice.  We had Room 7.   We arrived in Seward around 6.  Checked in, got some food in town and brought it back to the room, and crashed.

The next day we were up early to go on our Kenai Fjords Tour.  Then we ate in town and back to the room to crash.

Got up at 3 AM to drive back to Anchorage to drop off the card and get our tour to Whittier to get on the ship.

So we did not spend a bunch of time there except sleeping.  The hostess mentioned a bear had been seen earlier the first day but we never saw anything.

It had a very chill vibe and would be awesome to be there longer and enjoy the area.  Sadly, we were pretty busy during our time there. I would stay there again in a heartbeat and hope to plan a land based visit to Alaska in the future and would definitely stay there again.

1 hour ago, SirTomster said:

It was very nice.  We had Room 7.   We arrived in Seward around 6.  Checked in, got some food in town and brought it back to the room, and crashed.

The next day we were up early to go on our Kenai Fjords Tour.  Then we ate in town and back to the room to crash.

Got up at 3 AM to drive back to Anchorage to drop off the card and get our tour to Whittier to get on the ship.

So we did not spend a bunch of time there except sleeping.  The hostess mentioned a bear had been seen earlier the first day but we never saw anything.

It had a very chill vibe and would be awesome to be there longer and enjoy the area.  Sadly, we were pretty busy during our time there. I would stay there again in a heartbeat and hope to plan a land based visit to Alaska in the future and would definitely stay there again.

Thank you, it's great to know that it was very nice! We will be staying 3 nights, we have 3 rooms booked for 3 couples and room 7 is one of the rooms we have booked. We plan to do a Kenai Fjords Tour one day and some exploring of town and hiking in the area the other day.

Cheryl

11 hours ago, 3 WI Cruisers said:

Thank you, it's great to know that it was very nice! We will be staying 3 nights, we have 3 rooms booked for 3 couples and room 7 is one of the rooms we have booked. We plan to do a Kenai Fjords Tour one day and some exploring of town and hiking in the area the other day.

Cheryl

It is a very chill area.  Outside of town.  Other small places around.  You feel like you are in the forest as there are trees all around and a creek running by the rooms.  

My wife and I commented that it would be a great place to stay just to stay and relax.