What's Your Financial Breakpoint In a Balcony?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I didn't!

No.  Google beat you to it.  Nice try though.🤣

I thought you were ex-staff?  Certainly everyone here has seen Titanic at least once?

Valiant effort at playing coy, though. 😉 

Edited by MohrPfun
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MohrPfun said:

Certainly everyone here has seen Titanic at least once?

I certainly have.  That's the movie where the poor people in steerage are having tremendous fun and the rich people in first class are miserable trying to out-snob each other.  Hmmm....

Fortunately, NCL doesn't have lockable gates to keep the steerage passengers "where they belong."  Of course, I still can't get my keycard to take me to the Haven....😎  I'll just have to stay put until @complawyerinvites me up for that Scotch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I certainly have.  That's the movie where the poor people in steerage are having tremendous fun and the rich people in first class are miserable trying to out-snob each other.  Hmmm....

Fortunately, NCL doesn't have lockable gates to keep the steerage passengers "where they belong."  Of course, I still can't get my keycard to take me to the Haven....😎  I'll just have to stay put until @complawyerinvites me up for that Scotch.

Huh?  I'm not sure if you're trying to deflect here, or what, but the reference was to the topic at hand, which is deckchairs.  In that reference, the band played on the boat deck while steerage passengers listened in deckchairs because there were no more life boats left...

Anyways, I'm glad we can finally put this nonsense to rest.   HAHA, who am I kidding, this will certainly continue for several more pages, because that's what people seem to enjoy here. 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MohrPfun said:

HAHA, who am I kidding, this will certainly continue for several more pages, because that's what people seem to enjoy here. 😉 

Yeah.  It's sometimes difficult to separate those who are part of the problem from those who are part of the solution.🤣

hey chief, the invite is always open. we're in the haven on the prima sept 26. i bought the premium drink package (for the 1st time) so we can drink all the single malt scotch or guiness they have available

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

When you say outside are you referring to an oceanview cabin?

Correct, oceanview aka outside cabin.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, MohrPfun said:

Anyways, I'm glad we can finally put this nonsense to rest.   HAHA, who am I kidding, this will certainly continue for several more pages, because that's what people seem to enjoy here. 😉 

I resemble that comment...so I'll continue the deckchair fiasco.

Earlier you said, "Most of us know that the term deckchair is the English version of lounger."

Who is/are the "us" to which you refer? All of us on CC?...All of us in the world?

And how, exactly, do you know that all of us know this?

For the record, I am aware of the phrase "arranging deck chairs on the Titanic."

However, I never pictured loungers as the deckchairs being arranged.

Silly me...I always pictured just plain old chairs.

If, indeed, most of "us" know what deckchairs are, I guess @ChiefMateJRKand I are not part of that exclusive group.

Now back to the discussion of balconies and financial advisors.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 2

Oh Schmoopie, you’re actually one of the funny ones around here, I enjoy your sense of humor very much.

It’s something “most of us” around here should strive to embrace, as opposed to the vitriol scattered amongst ALL the deckchairs.

;-)

• Thanks 1

What is this chair vs deck chair nonsense? I too never heard a distinction before. Is this like comparing sandals to flip flops? Some people argue adding bedazzled flip flops are indeed fashionable sandals suitable for MDR, etc. So let's all bedazzle some regular outdoor chairs and call them deck chairs! Woohoo 🎉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

If, indeed, most of "us" know what deckchairs are, I guess @ChiefMateJRKand I are not part of that exclusive group.

Now back to the discussion of balconies and financial advisors.

I'm out of the exclusive group too- there are always chairs on my balcony, always thought they were deck chairs.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I'm out of the exclusive group too- there are always chairs on my balcony, always thought they were deck chairs.

I’m so glad this vital discussion has transpired!  Interestingly, it’s NCL that brought it to my attention.  I always assumed that you could use the term interchangeably, but NCL no longer does.  They have loungers and chairs in their nomenclature only now.  

Zero $$$.  I would never book an inside cabin.  Even jail cells have windows.  A cruise is an expensive vacation - I want to look outside and be outside.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, erisajd said:

Zero $$$.  I would never book an inside cabin.  Even jail cells have windows.  A cruise is an expensive vacation - I want to look outside and be outside.  

My first two cruises were in balconies.   Then I decided to only cruise in suites.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, erisajd said:

Even jail cells have windows.

I've never been in a jail cell, so I have no idea if this is true.

33 minutes ago, erisajd said:

A cruise is an expensive vacation

It's not an expensive vacation when you are in an inside cabin.😎

33 minutes ago, erisajd said:

I want to look outside and be outside. 

Yep.  I do that a lot regardless of cabin type.  Just not when I'm sleeping or in the shower.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've never been in a jail cell, so I have no idea if this is true.

It's not an expensive vacation when you are in an inside cabin.😎

Yep.  I do that a lot regardless of cabin type.  Just not when I'm sleeping or in the shower.

who is gonna see you in a shower?  Ever tried to look inside a window during the day?  

On 5/26/2024 at 12:48 PM, carohs said:

What is this chair vs deck chair nonsense? I too never heard a distinction before. Is this like comparing sandals to flip flops? Some people argue adding bedazzled flip flops are indeed fashionable sandals suitable for MDR, etc. So let's all bedazzle some regular outdoor chairs and call them deck chairs! Woohoo 🎉 

My rule has always been, if it's leather it's a sandal. If it's rubber/plastic, it's a flip flop. That is a hill I am willing to die on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jrt.mom said:

My "sandals" are rubber on the bottom and are leather on the top. What does that make them? Not being flip, just seeing if I can wear them to dinner...

If there is any leather, it's a sandal that is fully compliant.  I'm probably not ready to die on this hill, but I'll certainly debate it ad nauseum.😵‍💫

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, reeinaz said:

My rule has always been, if it's leather it's a sandal. If it's rubber/plastic, it's a flip flop. That is a hill I am willing to die on. 

Exception - Ho Chi Minh sandals were made from rubber tires.  I sure wouldn't call them flip-flops.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, reeinaz said:

Honestly, I couldn't care less what footwear anyone chooses to use but I could see that distinction as an argument for/against the MDR allowability. 

BUT I will argue that any shoe with a toe thong and no ankle support that makes a "flop" noise when walking deserves the to be called a "flip-flop" regardless of material used in its construction. And they do all make the sound, if you walk in a quiet enough space.

4 hours ago, jrt.mom said:

My "sandals" are rubber on the bottom and are leather on the top. What does that make them? Not being flip, just seeing if I can wear them to dinner...

You do you, boo.

• Haha 3