When are GTY rooms assigned?

amyhphoto

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to When are GTY rooms assigned?

We've done GTY twice, and on both occasions the veranda rooms were assigned the day we boarded the cruise. We had no problems with the rooms either time. A future warning re GTY and Oceanview. The worst rooms on the ships are the OV-obstructed views. They are extremely small for two people plus luggage (letter perfect IMHO for a single passenger). We've done it, but it wasn't great, and will never choose those rooms again. While those are the cheapest OV listings, there's a good chance that's the room you will be assigned. Similarly, the worst of the inside rooms are the ones D7 around the laundry, re noise. Before you make the request, ask yourself if you can afford the extra $100 or so and choose your room. Other than that, wherever you travel with Azamara, you are in for a fabulous cruise. (If you survive the website...)

• Like 2

Thank you for your answer. We're 3 in a room (my 2 daughters) so I dont think we will be getting those obstructed rooms. I saw a youtube about those rooms an it looked pretty poorly configured! I have a GTY Category 06 which says is Deck 4 Forward. There are only 4 rooms in that area that will accomodate 3 people. Right under the Cabaret Lounge. That should be nice and quiet. haha. I was hoping there would be an opportunity to bid up but there are no staterooms left that will accomodate 3. Thankfully I have the beverage package. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, amyhphoto said:

Thank you for your answer. We're 3 in a room (my 2 daughters) so I dont think we will be getting those obstructed rooms. I saw a youtube about those rooms an it looked pretty poorly configured! I have a GTY Category 06 which says is Deck 4 Forward. There are only 4 rooms in that area that will accomodate 3 people. Right under the Cabaret Lounge. That should be nice and quiet. haha. I was hoping there would be an opportunity to bid up but there are no staterooms left that will accomodate 3. Thankfully I have the beverage package. 

They can be assigned any time up to the sailing. Regarding the stateroom upgrade, they aren't available to GTY cabins. 

Phil 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 8:27 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

They can be assigned any time up to the sailing. Regarding the stateroom upgrade, they aren't available to GTY cabins. 

Phil 

FYI:  I got my upgrade offer from Azamara this morning! I am currently in a GTY ocean view. 900$pp to upgrade to veranda, 1000$ to upgrade to veranda plus. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, amyhphoto said:

FYI:  I got my upgrade offer from Azamara this morning! I am currently in a GTY ocean view. 900$pp to upgrade to veranda, 1000$ to upgrade to veranda plus. 

That's great. Maybe that's another enhancement of the program that's been slipped in. I've had a GTY cabin before and was advised no upgrade program available. It makes sense to be offered it because if you are willing to pay the price then why not?  Enjoy. 

Phil 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That's great. Maybe that's another enhancement of the program that's been slipped in. I've had a GTY cabin before and was advised no upgrade program available. It makes sense to be offered it because if you are willing to pay the price then why not?  Enjoy. 

Phil 

What are your thoughts on the minimum bid amounts? After comparing them to some of the bid amounts on the spreadsheet for an 11 night cruise from an ocean view to a veranda. Those prices seem a little higher than normal. Appreciate any advice.

Amy, our first Azamara cruise was on D6 just above the theater. We occasionally heard some noise, but nothing lasted long, and most of it was rehearsal rather than the actual show. Suites on D8 have been much noisier, so you probably nailed some great rooms. I've posted elsewhere that the only real difference between the grade levels of the accommodations are the physical location on the ship and the room price. Comfort wise, there's really no difference between the front of the ships, the middles or the rears. Have a wonderful time! One of the heavier controversies about Azamara now is the quality of the tonic water that's available. Your room should not be a problem.

16 hours ago, amyhphoto said:

What are your thoughts on the minimum bid amounts? After comparing them to some of the bid amounts on the spreadsheet for an 11 night cruise from an ocean view to a veranda. Those prices seem a little higher than normal. Appreciate any advice.

Would be helpful if you could post more details in the cabin upgrade topic so I can add them to the spreadsheet (cruise date, ship, etc etc). Thanks

18 hours ago, amyhphoto said:

Personally I wouldn't do it for that price. $2700 for the three of you?  Not worth it and those are the minimum bids. I paid £500 for two of us to go from an OV to a Verandah Plus in March for 12 nights on Journey. I would have been happy to stay put though. The only thing I'd say is that you are in a GTY cabin. With Azamara now giving you the cabin details to choose if your bid is successful you'll have more certainty of where you are if you're original cabin hasn't been assigned. And who knows?  You might strike lucky and get a verandah anyway with the GTY. 

Phil 

• Like 1

You also need to watch the room they offer you via the upgrade will accommodate three. I’m not sure if all verandas do. I’d stay with the gty as they will certainly give you a three room 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, uktog said:

You also need to watch the room they offer you via the upgrade will accommodate three. I’m not sure if all verandas do. I’d stay with the gty as they will certainly give you a three room 

Yes, that's a good point too. 

Phil 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 3:08 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Would be helpful if you could post more details in the cabin upgrade topic so I can add them to the spreadsheet (cruise date, ship, etc etc). Thanks

I will do that for sure. Thanks for reminder. 

On 5/16/2024 at 5:07 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

I wouldn't do it for that price. $2700 for the three of you?

It would be 1800 or 2200 (but still quite a bit more than MANY/MOST of the minimum bids on the spreadsheet for 11 night sailing)

They only charge for the first 2 passengers

I’m confused because the ships been sold out of 3 pax rooms for months now according to a few different websites. So I can’t figure out what they could move me to, there are so few rooms that accommodate 3. I’ll find out soon enough, we sail June 15! 

tha k you for everyone’s helpful responses. 

10 hours ago, amyhphoto said:

It would be 1800 or 2200 (but still quite a bit more than MANY/MOST of the minimum bids on the spreadsheet for 11 night sailing)

They only charge for the first 2 passengers

I’m confused because the ships been sold out of 3 pax rooms for months now according to a few different websites. So I can’t figure out what they could move me to, there are so few rooms that accommodate 3. I’ll find out soon enough, we sail June 15! 

tha k you for everyone’s helpful responses. 

They can always give (or, better for them, sell) an upgrade to two people in one of those triple cabins.

On 5/19/2024 at 8:53 AM, fruitmachine said:

They can always give (or, better for them, sell) an upgrade to two people in one of those triple cabins.

Yes for sure. I booked this back in November (I think) and when I booked it there were no suites or verandah rooms available otherwise I would have booked one to begin with! I wish I was offered one to book months ago but they were showing sold out for 7 months.