Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

20 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Was just going to post this. Lounge seating is also guaranteed for Concierge level veranda rooms. 

Sorry but now a days with X NOTHING is guaranteed!

• Like 3

Well, that does it for me.  We are stuck on our cruise in a couple of weeks without loungers.  Definitely our last cruise with X. 

No, this isn't the only thing.  The last couple of cruises haven't been great.  This is the proverbial last straw.  

[As an aside, at least you received a response.  I haven't received one from either my email to the exec office or to Retreat shore concierge.]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ggo85 said:

[As an aside, at least you received a response.  I haven't received one from either my email to the exec office or to Retreat shore concierge.]

I've had pretty good luck with responses from the EO.  I have to say, this is not the response I was expecting given some of the personal accounts in this thread...I guess we will just have to request them once on board and see what happens.

We just sailed the Edge from Hawaii to Vancouver, May 1 thru 11. We had a aft facing balcony Sunset #7310.It had 2 loungers and 2 chairs. We did ask the steward to clean the railing. It was very dirty. He explained that its soot from the smokestacks and never cleaned it. I guess in his mind, if you know why it's there then he doesn't have to clean it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

We just sailed the Edge from Hawaii to Vancouver, May 1 thru 11. We had a aft facing balcony Sunset #7310.It had 2 loungers and 2 chairs. We did ask the steward to clean the railing. It was very dirty. He explained that its soot from the smokestacks and never cleaned it. I guess in his mind, if you know why it's there then he doesn't have to clean it. 

Sounds like a lazy cabin attendant. The soot needs to be cleaned off the rail daily then. Why make the bed, you are only going to get back in it.  🙄

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, doghog said:

Sounds like a lazy cabin attendant. The soot needs to be cleaned off the rail daily then. Why make the bed, you are only going to get back in it.  🙄

I spoke of it in my post cruise survey. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

Glad you did. But, you're more patient than I would have been.  

I would have cleaned it myself and tipped myself handsomely for it (out of the extra tip set aside for the steward) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, doghog said:

Glad you did. But, you're more patient than I would have been.  

Considering he is alone in my cabin and has access to my toothbrush I feel more comfortable waiting to speak up.  

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I sent an e-mail requesting loungers over the weekend for our upcoming cruise on Edge. In my e-mail I expressed my disappointment in the new policy and also offered to sign a liability waiver. Here is the response from the executive office:

image.thumb.png.d70cebfb598587bb6848d3cd0fa34431.png

Try the Retreat concierge once onboard.  perhaps getting Miami involved wasn’t helpful.  Good luck.  Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I've had pretty good luck with responses from the EO.  I have to say, this is not the response I was expecting given some of the personal accounts in this thread...I guess we will just have to request them once on board and see what happens.

When is your cruise? Soon? Your experience will help the rest of us determine what to do (if anything can be done). 

9 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

When is your cruise? Soon? Your experience will help the rest of us determine what to do (if anything can be done). 

We embark May 31st.  Precisely 11 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes....not that I'm excited or anything 😁.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We embark May 31st.  Precisely 11 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes....not that I'm excited or anything 😁.

Have a great time and please come back and let us know what you experience with these loungers. 

• Like 2

Well, this seals the deal for me.  I am done with Celebrity.  I have had the great fortune of only sailing in the PS’s going back to the Mercury when there was, relatively speaking, only a tiny balcony.  But, there were two loungers there.  There were always wonderful loungers on the huge balcony on the M class ships. I moved away from the HAL Neptune and Pinnacle suites long ago because Celebrity offered so much more with respect to the suite experience. But now with no OBC, gratuities not included, a very diminished premium package wine selection, I think my Celebrity days are done. I was about to book a 12 night sailing in an iconic suite on an E class ship.  But, I can hardly envision spending all that money to sit out on the verandah that will likely be furnished with all those failed Kelly Hoppen chairs and rockers. Gee, that could pose a danger because you might be able to stack them up and jump down to the helipad in search of a lounger. Maybe it is best and safest to remove all verandah furniture and give each guest a yoga mat for their sitting pleasure.  

• Like 6

Well, I just had a thought. Maybe Celebrity can charge for the privilege of loungers. A $25 delivery fee per lounger and a daily rental fee of $10 per lounger. That may be the plan.  Maximize the revenue and screw the customer and the devoted crew.

• Like 2

loungers…. This is deal breaker for DH and I. We love to sit on the balcony - comfortably, and this decision affects our enjoyment   The chairs with no footstool are uncomfortable, so to pay 💰💰💰 and not have what you have known X to provide, be it footstools or loungers, is not good

We go between Aqua and Retreat. We do understand cruise lines are trying (too quickly IMO) to recoup losses. But taking away loungers when other cruise lines aren t or parent company, step too far

DH reminded me of the many  things X has removed. We are paying more, getting less  and not getting the same quality 

Different ships right now, may not be succumbing to the rules from corporate.   But I too was told across the fleet.   We have purchased the put down a deposit and book later certificates.  Lot of money to spend to not get what you are used to or thought

😕

• Like 6

Just returned from Reflection. There was not a longer on balcony, so I asked cabin steward if he could get us one.  He said he would have to call his supervisor.  His supervisor approved and he brought us one.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

Just returned from Reflection. There was not a longer on balcony, so I asked cabin steward if he could get us one.  He said he would have to call his supervisor.  His supervisor approved and he brought us one.

32 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

What type of cabin?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Well, I just had a thought. Maybe Celebrity can charge for the privilege of loungers. A $25 delivery fee per lounger and a daily rental fee of $10 per lounger. That may be the plan.  Maximize the revenue and screw the customer and the devoted crew.

Believe me, I've thought that already. And I've thought that poeple may get more resourceful and might buy a cheap one themselves and bring it onboard like luggage and leave them behind after the cruise...or they may borrow them from the pool deck themselves.  

Edited by mickeysgal
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Syd58 said:

Aft sky suite corner

Those balconies are huge.  What exactly are they thinking when they degrade the whole appeal of that type of balcony?  The whole draw was the ample space and the multiple seating options.  Honestly, why bother booking it if it can't be used appropriately?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

We are currently on the Ascent in a Magic Carpet Suite and have two loungers with the tiny table plus the two regular chairs with a standard- height table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

We are currently on the Ascent in a Magic Carpet Suite and have two loungers with the tiny table plus the two regular chairs with a standard- height table.

From the posts from those currently on board it seems that the Magic Carpet Suites continue to have the loungers, tables and chairs.

So that’s why they call them “Magic”? 🙄

• Haha 2