Grand Princess - Window Suite cabin?

We are thinking about booking the Grand Princess from San Juan in 2026 and am intrigued by the Window Suite cabins. There seem to be only a few and they price in the same as the lowest mini-suite cabin. 

We are primarily looking at getting a "suite" as it appears to be the lowest cabin category with a sofa in the room which we like. We are not big balconies users especially when on a ship that has nice outdoor areas to sit (like Promenade or aft deck outdoor bar etc). I guess the other reason I am drawn to them is they seem "unique" , at least to me (we've only sailed Discovery on Princess)

Are those "window suite" cabins generally liked by people? Any reason to avoid them and go for a traditional mini-suite?

• Like 1

We love them!  Only had them on Caribbean Princess, but I’m sure the same as the Grand.  We didn’t miss the balcony at all.  The bathroom is lovely and very large with a separate glass shower stall and a bathtub.  Nice full size sofa.  We liked the location, too.  Down a separate little hallway, so very quiet.  We enjoyed breakfast in Sabatini’s each day.  

I would not hesitate to reserve one of these cabins again, but they do book quickly.  Go for it!

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

They have been popular since they were launched because they’re a semi affordable way to experience a suite. 

We sailed in one to Alaska years ago and really enjoyed it. There was no noise from Promenade above. We loved having a free embarkation day dinner at Crown Grill, lobster delivered to our room on formal night, breakfast in Sabatini’s (absolute favorite suite perk!), a fantastic bathroom, and lots of space. The location is convenient, too, if you like to gamble. The only downsides to me are having to open a heavy door each time you enter and exit the window suite hallway and not having a balcony. 

Edited by cruisequeen4ever
  • Like 1

We had a window suite on the Grand 5 years ago. Ours was room 301, which is also the smallest window suite (there are one or two that are a little smaller than the others), but we thought it felt perfectly spacious for us and our child, and it had lots of storage. We also enjoyed the extra suite perks, like the suite breakfast, the bowl of fresh fruit in our room, the special "Reserve" dining room (previously called Club Class), etc. We LOVED the window suite and thought it was an exceptional value. We'd book it again in a heartbeat.

Our sailing was in Alaska, where a balcony can definitely be a plus. However, these window suites were perfectly placed so that we could easily run up the stairs just outside the hallway to the Promenade at any time. The Promenade was a bit like having the biggest balcony ever. 🙂 We enjoyed all the natural light from the large windows in our room, and if ever we wanted fresh air or saw something interesting out the windows, we just popped up one floor to the Promenade. 

Happy to try to answer any particular questions you may have.

• Like 3

We have never sailed in a Window Suite but would love to do so. I see the lack of an actual balcony as a very minor "downside" and everything else about them as a major "upside".

• Like 2

We have had window suites on the Grand and on the CB and we loved them!  Love the suite perks that come with the ws too.  It spoils you.  If the amenities are still the same, you can have afternoon tea delivered to your suite in addition to all of the other great perks.  Enjoy!