B2B or 14 night in Europe

I know in the US you have to disembark on a B2B. 

we are looking at a couple of cruises for Europe in 2025 where there are options for 7/14/21 day cruises on the same ship

we are debating booking separate cruises to get the additional cruise credit.   

How  painful would this be vs just booking the 14 or 21 night cruise?

The choices would be comparing the cost versus the difference in perks.  If you have Carnival Corp stock, 7 day gives you 100, versus a 14 day that gives you 250.  The plus and premier packages also give you more if you book it in 7 day segments.  Only you can determine which way is the best once you know the benefits or detriments of booking in 7 day cycles.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MattnTricia said:

I know in the US you have to disembark on a B2B. 

we are looking at a couple of cruises for Europe in 2025 where there are options for 7/14/21 day cruises on the same ship

How  painful would this be vs just booking the 14 or 21 night cruise?

You don’t say exactly where your stops are in Europe, but normally, the b2b’s are treated just like any port stop.  However, that can change, depending on the local customs.

We did a b2b which was 16 nights and a stop in Barcelona BCN, then another 7 nights.

To our surprise, customs BCN wanted a cleared ship and b2b’s had to clear last.  Don’t know why, but they were not very efficient at it, took us longer than usual.  So, unlikely, but always a possibility.

It doesn’t matter if you are booked as 1 cruise or a b2b, you still clear, if they tell you too.

We look at the price, the stock OBC and availability of cabins.

Compare all and see what’s best for you.

If booked as 1 cruise, you pay one fee of $14.99 OceanNow fee instead of 2 charges of $14.99.  If you have Plus/Premier package, then doesn’t matter, it’s included.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

It's not painful at all. Turn around ports are normally treated just like any other port day. Get off, walk around, take your excursion or whatever and re-board. If you book as three different booking numbers the three will be combined as a single cruise in the app/web site and once on board. One on board account for the entire 21 days.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Some considerations: booking different segments to have more flexibility to refare/drop one leg/swap to another cruise later; you can also get princess plus on just one segment. 
I recently saw 2 (future) credits on our account when I held a 14 day RT in Alaska also sold at 2 N/S one ways. So you might get 2 credits on a 14 day if it is also sold as 2 7 days? 

Edited by elaine5

Will you be booking princess plus? If so, I would book as separate cruises that way you will receive two casual dining credits per cruise instead of two for the entire time. First see which way would be the most cost effective for you. Enjoy! 

Sometimes you don’t even need to get off. On a recent b2b there were a lot of in transit passes and they put an employed check in podium and we all went there around 10 to tap on and off with our medallions 

• Like 1

So the cruise I am looking at is  Rome to Athens - Athens to Barcelona -  There is another leg but the stop in Athens is what I am wondering about. 

I understand the perks and definitely would be better with booking incentives to book separate. Price is about a wash.   Big ? is would we have to pack up if we had the same cabin doing a b2b vs 14 day. 

Just now, MattnTricia said:

So the cruise I am looking at is  Rome to Athens - Athens to Barcelona -  There is another leg but the stop in Athens is what I am wondering about. 

I understand the perks and definitely would be better with booking incentives to book separate. Price is about a wash.   Big ? is would we have to pack up if we had the same cabin doing a b2b vs 14 day. 

If you have the same cabin you would have no need to pack up

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Will you be booking princess plus? If so, I would book as separate cruises that way you will receive two casual dining credits per cruise instead of two for the entire time. First see which way would be the most cost effective for you. Enjoy! 

Probably not on this one although always have previously 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MattnTricia said:

No you may have to meet somewhere to check out and back in is all. 

Edited by AZaTaz

1 hour ago, elaine5 said:

So you might get 2 credits on a 14 day if it is also sold as 2 7 days? 

I can confirm that this is true.  Last year we were on the Majestic for 14 days in Alaska that was also available as a 7 day B2B and we got two credits.

1 hour ago, MattnTricia said:

If not going to hit your 15 you could plus the first leg,  stock up your spares and not bother with the package second leg.

1 hour ago, MattnTricia said:

You definitely do not have to pack up if you are in the same cabin. Whether or not you have to clear the ship depends on the local government, but they do not care whether you booked two 7-day cruiese B2B or a single 14-day cruise. If they require everyone to clear the ship, that will apply to the people in the middle of a single 14-day cruise exactly the same as to those between two B2B segments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

You definitely do not have to pack up if you are in the same cabin. Whether or not you have to clear the ship depends on the local government, but they do not care whether you booked two 7-day cruiese B2B or a single 14-day cruise. If they require everyone to clear the ship, that will apply to the people in the middle of a single 14-day cruise exactly the same as to those between two B2B segments.

Thank You

37 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

If not going to hit your 15 you could plus the first leg,  stock up your spares and not bother with the package second leg.

Then you're stuck drinking beers.  I'll go to Good Spirits on a daily basis, pay for Plus on the B2B and enjoy my vacation substantially more.

7 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

Princess has updated their system awhile ago to recognize ‘segments’, so a 14 day cruise that can be booked a 2 seven day cruises , you will get ‘credit’ for each segment as the previous poster stated regarding his 14 day Alaska sailing, no matter how you book. So do not worry about booking separate segments to get the cruise credits. Do the math and determine which combination will net you the most benefits, in terms of packages and shareholders if applicable.

• Like 1