Equinox Dry Dock

Posted (edited)

Her last drydock / refurb date was 2019.  Timing would suggest that this is the next scheduled five year maintenance drydock where, along with mechanical and technical services, cosmetic upgrades such as painting, carpeting, furniture, etc., would likely occur as well.  I am not aware of any further planned refurbishment projects with her, although it looks like she will be in dry dock for about four weeks which IMO seems like a somewhat long maintenance drydock.  Maybe others will know.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

You’ve probably not seen this earlier thread, think you will find it useful.

Very good, assuming the OP is old enough to know who and what that is!  Unfortunately I most certainly do - LOL.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am in my 60's and I do not know what that is or means.  I don't live my life in riddles and jokes.  

Ignore that particular post, the rest of the thread is about the Equinox dry dock

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am in my 60's and I do not know what that is or means.  I don't live my life in riddles and jokes.  

It is Johnny Carson and his Great Carmac routine where he played a fortune teller. The implication being nobody knows for sure about the upcoming drydock.  But apparently the rest of that thread attached to that discusses it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Carnac the Magnificent…Johnny Carson late night tv skit, when late night was funny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It is Johnny Carson and his Great Carmac routine where he played a fortune teller. The implication being nobody knows for sure about the upcoming drydock.  But apparently the rest of that thread attached to that discusses it.

I am confused about this thread, why are you talking about the future dry dock when it has happened?  

It is not an upcoming dry dock - not sure what was renovated, but there are cruisers currently on the ship.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, rotoal said:

I am confused about this thread, why are you talking about the future dry dock when it has happened?  

It is not an upcoming dry dock - not sure what was renovated, but there are cruisers currently on the ship.

I was initially responding to the OP's question that indicated the drydock was currently taking place and that it likely was a routine drydock.  But you are correct I believe it just ended this past week, so it would be past tense. 

My response to the Johnny Carson Carmac post was misstated - I was referring to the drydock questioned by the OP as indicated by that post I responded to, not one upcoming.

Good catch all around.

4 hours ago, rotoal said:

Who have said that quite a bit of the carpet in commercial spaces has been replaced, the grassy areas next to the sunset bar and leading up to it have been removed and decking with chairs has been installed, much like they did on Silhouette. Apparently the Sky Lounge received some new furnishings.  The Family Veranda suites at the front of the ship also were to be renovated into Horizon Suites.  Ship received a paint job.  The dry dock on the 14th.  I'm sure more was done but that's all that anyone has said on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1