Cabins below Iona infinity pool

I know that this has been discussed before but I was hoping that someone might have been on Iona recently who might know if the problem of wet balconies had been addressed. When we booked the only aft cabin available was on deck 12 in the middle of the row of aft cabins (didn’t realise at that time about the waterfall). Since we booked that cruise we were on another cruise in March when we noticed from our deck 12 balcony which was not near the middle that the balconies in the middle were almost unusable as they were always wet. Any info would help. 

Somebody had posted a review of cabin 11745 on Faceache a couple of days ago complaining about the wet balcony.  Its still happening Im afraid.

I was reading down the comments and there was even an adult admitting to pushing water over the side for a giggle! 😠

2 hours ago, Harryjacobs said:

Somebody had posted a review of cabin 11745 on Faceache a couple of days ago complaining about the wet balcony.  Its still happening Im afraid.

I was reading down the comments and there was even an adult admitting to pushing water over the side for a giggle! 😠

Sadly I don't think that will surprise anyone😖😖

Just checked a couple of YouTube videos on these aft cabins and it’s a disgrace that P&O are allowing this situation to continue. I would suggest making the pool adult only but I think we all know how successful that would be. Time for a call to TA I think. 

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Just checked a couple of YouTube videos on these aft cabins and it’s a disgrace that P&O are allowing this situation to continue. I would suggest making the pool adult only but I think we all know how successful that would be. Time for a call to TA I think. 

I don't think the children are the problem. As Harry said above. The only people I have seen deliberately splashing water over the edge have been adults 

26 minutes ago, happy v said:

I don't think the children are the problem. As Harry said above. The only people I have seen deliberately splashing water over the edge have been adults 

Same on Arvia at Easter. Even when an officer in whites went to speak to the ‘gentlemen’ about it they just laughed and carried on. 

57 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Same on Arvia at Easter. Even when an officer in whites went to speak to the ‘gentlemen’ about it they just laughed and carried on. 

It's about time P&O acted on some of the anti social behaviour onboard by a minority who are ruining it for the rest and damaging P&Os brand. The gentleman if he carried on should have been given a second and final warning and if he persisted he would be put off at the next port.

• Like 12

P&O should be treating these cabins below the pool in the same way as obstructed balconies. At the time of booking it should be pointed out that there will be very little use of the balcony. We would never have booked a 5 week Caribbean cruise in a cabin with an unusable balcony had we been forewarned. It won’t happen of course. The bottom line is way more important than keeping customers happy. We have now booked 3 Princess cruises and a 21 night on Britannia where thankfully we are nowhere near a pool. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, happy v said:

Swimmers splashing water over the edge should not really be a problem, the giant splash scoop tray should collect any of this water. 

I watched the infinity pool on both rough and smooth sea days and there was far more water going over the edge from the rolling motion of the ship, but even so I never saw any water splash over this scoop, so I am baffled as to why this problem is still occurring.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Swimmers splashing water over the edge should not really be a problem, the giant splash scoop tray should collect any of this water. 

I watched the infinity pool on both rough and smooth sea days and there was far more water going over the edge from the rolling motion of the ship, but even so I never saw any water splash over this scoop, so I am baffled as to why this problem is still occurring.

There are several filter plugs in the scoop and when these are blocked the scoop fills up and then overflows.

On Arvia the centre two cabins beneath the pool were in the drop zone. We however were the next cabin over 11746 Iona equiv 11744.

On our recent Caribbean we had no real issues - however on one day in heavy seas I heard a loud smack / crack next door. A substantial amount of water had come over and soaked that balcony, honestly it may well have knocked someone off their feet. 

I've actually booked a similar cabin on deck 14 for our next Caribbean but wouldn't touch either of the two beneath the drop zone. I can cope with the odd drop (as we had) but for the life of me I can't understand why they haven't addressed this issue as a whole.

wouldn't touch either of the two beneath the drop zone.

this statement says it all for us. Not going to put up with this for 5 weeks. 
I feel sorry for all the people who are not on CC and will turn up not aware of the problem with these cabins. 

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

There are several filter plugs in the scoop and when these are blocked the scoop fills up and then overflows.

I have to confess that I never observed that, but I would have thought it should be a relatively simple fault to remedy.

Just now, terrierjohn said:

I have to confess that I never observed that, but I would have thought it should be a relatively simple fault to remedy.

Engineer's were doing this in January.

In November the infinity pool was closed on our 14 night Canary Islands cruise.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Engineer's were doing this in January.

In November the infinity pool was closed on our 14 night Canary Islands cruise.

My cruise on Iona was in March this year, so maybe its now resolved?

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

No, as my post above mentions, there is a post on a Facebook cabin review page from a disgruntled passenger complaining about this issue.  She said she travelled last week.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We were on Iona in March this year too.

Our balcony was not aft that time so don't know.

Edited by grapau27