Ala Carte Basic Wi-Fi Is Back?

mahdnc

I saw this in my Cruise Planner.  When did Basic Wi-Fi come back (ala carte) after having been removed last year (link)?

image.thumb.png.ca31e506e1b385199d4535a20dc3a0aa.png

• Thanks 1

The other bizarre thing specific to our sailing is that Celebrity's computers can't handle the fact that we are crossing the international date line and thus is charging us for only 16 nights (16x $27.99 = $447.84) when our cruise is actually 17 nights long.  Fri Apr 18th occurs on two consecutive days during our cruise.  This international date line problem shows up in other ways in our Cruise Planner.

image.png.d75130ca6b79ebd8e4115c1114e41d

Geez. My planner right now is showing basic WiFi at $20.99 a day per person not on sale, $19.99 sale price for Premium and $30.99 sale price for Premium 2 devices. It also is showing that the non-alcoholic regular drink package price is $45 now, up from $30.00 yesterday.  Sale price yesterday was $26.99, today it's $32.99.  Do they just randomly put different prices to see what sticks?  image.thumb.png.ed1dab9e7aa9ef44abf68cfd070056b5.png

Posted (edited)

Why are the prices so different?  This is what is in my planner and is higher than the screenshots in this thread.  For example basic wifi is $16.99 vs $20.99 vs $23.99

Screenshot_20240524_024210_Celebrity.jpg

Edited by Sandy1975
Additional detail

Haven't cruised Celebrity in 20 years. I'm a little confused with the statement per guest/per day. Both guest in a cabin are not required to buy the package, are they? I don't think so, but want to confirm. TIA!

Just now, septrack said:

Haven't cruised Celebrity in 20 years. I'm a little confused with the statement per guest/per day. Both guest in a cabin are not required to buy the package, are they? I don't think so, but want to confirm. TIA!

There is no requirement for both passengers in a cabin to buy wifi packages. Once upon a time, my family of four (quad cabin) shared one package. 

On 5/23/2024 at 7:21 PM, mahdnc said:

The other bizarre thing specific to our sailing is that Celebrity's computers can't handle the fact that we are crossing the international date line and thus is charging us for only 16 nights (16x $27.99 = $447.84) when our cruise is actually 17 nights long.  Fri Apr 18th occurs on two consecutive days during our cruise.  This international date line problem shows up in other ways in our Cruise Planner.

image.png.d75130ca6b79ebd8e4115c1114e41d

we did the first Transpacific on Solstice - Corporate forgot about the extra day and left the Cruise Director one Guest Entertainer short. Funny thing was the CD spent several hours trying to make the numbers work before he finally realised what the problem was. He arranged for a wonderful variety show which included him being able to demonstrate his stunt man skills.

Nothing changes with X

• Haha 1