Where is Escape Sept & Oct 2025?

I've been checking for the last two or three weeks.  Escape is 'missing' from August 18 to November 15, 2025.  Zero cruises showing for about three months.   Does anyone know where she will be?

Previously, Escape was sailing from New Orleans starting on December 7th, 2025.  Now showing sailing from NOLA starting November 15th, 2025.  Still missing cruises from August 18 to November 15th, 2025.   

Escape is long overdue for a major drydock so that's my guess. When I was on board in March, I discussed this with some of the senior officers who couldn't confirm exact dates it but felt confident it would be happening next year. Escape was originally scheduled for a drydock in 2020 but the pandemic delayed it of course.

I have zero clue where the Escape is going to be.

Next year, the Escape and Breakaway swap itineraries (Escape doing the Eastern Carib and Breakaway doing Barcelona/Venice/Rome). If they can sell out the Escape this season, maybe they will use the bigger ship in the Med next year. 

This year, the Escape is doing a lot of "weird" itineraries, TA to Miami followed by an immediate non-rev repo to Texas for 3 weeks, non-rev repo back to Miami for a 6 weeks, non-rev repo to NY for 5 weeks (sailing to the Bahamas), non-rev repo back to Miami. A tremendous amount of non-revenue time.... kinda wandering around looking for some place to park. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I have zero clue where the Escape is going to be.

Next year, the Escape and Breakaway swap itineraries (Escape doing the Eastern Carib and Breakaway doing Barcelona/Venice/Rome). If they can sell out the Escape this season, maybe they will use the bigger ship in the Med next year. 

This year, the Escape is doing a lot of "weird" itineraries, TA to Miami followed by an immediate non-rev repo to Texas for 3 weeks, non-rev repo back to Miami for a 6 weeks, non-rev repo to NY for 5 weeks (sailing to the Bahamas), non-rev repo back to Miami. A tremendous amount of non-revenue time.... kinda wandering around looking for some place to park. 

Wow! 

No wonder I was confused.  Very odd scheduling!

22 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Escape’s last dry dock was in Oct 2022.

Maybe they’re revising her itineraries and possibly home-port.

In 2022 Escape went to Marseille, France for repairs after running aground in March 2022. There was nothing done to the ship beyond those repairs so it's not considered a real drydock where furnishings etc are updated.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Coastalbreezes said:

There was nothing done to the ship beyond those repairs so it's not considered a real drydock where furnishings etc are updated.

This makes me laugh, as a "real dry dock" has absolutely nothing to do with furnishings at all.  The only reason a ship goes into dry dock is for technical inspections and maintenance of the ship's structure and engineering equipment, and is statutory.  Now, a "real" "refurbishment" would include new furnishings in the hotel, but that does not require a dry dock, or even a shipyard for that matter.  The only reason hotel furnishings are renewed in a dry dock period is because the ship is out of service anyway, due to the statutory dry docking for "real" maintenance.

I will add that the Oct 2022 dry docking of Escape was not done to repair damage from grounding.  That damage was repaired sufficiently to continue to sail, at the time of the grounding, and further repairs were deferred by DNV (the classification society) to the next scheduled dry dock.  That 2022 dry dock was the mid-period exam, which for a ship of less than 15 years old, is normally done in the water by divers, but in this case, since hull repairs were required they did an actual dry docking, and this was credited as the mid-period exam, being within the statutory time constraints.  The next scheduled dry docking of Escape is Oct 2025, and since you don't get credit for dry docking outside the statutory time window, I don't see them taking the ship out of service for a refurbishment, until the dry dock is due.  I'll stand with a time frame of Sept-Oct 2025, for 2-3 weeks.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Thanks 2

When we were onboard Viva in Feb, we booked a future cruise on Escape for Jan 2026.  The expectation from the CruiseNext crew member was Sep-Oct 2025 dry dock refurb.

• Like 2

Today I see most of the 'missing' time period filled in for Escape.  Just 10 days unaccounted for from September 19 to September 29th.  Is that long enough for a dry dock?

Starting in August 2025, there are cruises round trip from New York for nine, ten, eleven and twelve days.  Then a 14 day repositioning from NY to New Orleans starting October 25th.