TA's Annual 3-Day Sale Coming Up on June 6th-8th

mnocket

This sale used to be pretty good several years ago.  However, I've been disappointed in it the past few years.  Still, worth taking a look. Details to be released May 30th in an online presentation. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Do post link when you see it online.  I do see there may be a Princess sale June 6-8, 2024.

So, you could check with your CVP or TA.

Edited by PacnGoNow

7 hours ago, mnocket said:

This sale used to be pretty good several years ago.  However, I've been disappointed in it the past few years.  Still, worth taking a look. Details to be released May 30th in an online presentation. 

Agree, the Sale is not what it was years ago. In our experience, in the last few years, the Sale price has been pretty much just the going Princess rate, but bundled with decent OBC. For our usual Mini, for a 7 day sailing, the OBC is usually $US200/pp. Still, we always add two or three new trips each Sale.

• Like 2

The real sale/benefits have been thru one of the huge online travel agencies.   Not sure if checking with any other TA or Princess PVP would the thing to do.

The prices have gone up on our bookings.. so, based on current prices, I don't think there is any way that this will help us.

If anyone is looking at a booking where this is far in advance, it could be helpful.

Posted (edited)

Princess has sort of boxed itself in because of the Packages.  Past sales included things like:

• Prepaid Gratuities.  (A savings of around $100-$120 per person for a 7 day cruise, or $200-$240 per couple.)
  • Free Specialty Dining (A savings of around $40 per person, or $80 per couple).
  • All-Inclusive Beverage Package added for free. (A savings of around $50 per day per person, or $350 for a 7 day cruise and $700 per couple.)

When add-ons like this were part of the sales, you could actually realize sizeable savings as long as the base price of the cruise did not go up by a corresponding amount.  Often times it did, but a couple times a year (specifically during the Red White and Blue sale), the savings were real.  But over the past several years after the big rollout of the Packages, these types of savings have gone away.  What I'd really like to see is Princess try to capture the old-style sale and perhaps offer Premier at $55 per day and Plus at $35 per day as part of a sale.  (Or maybe offer Premier at the price of Plus during the sale for a $20 savings.)  A $20-$25 per person per day savings on the benefits of the Packages would at least replicate some of the old savings that we used to see.    

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1