Evening menus - Apex

Hi all, 

We're sailing on the apex in Sept (yay) our first cruise.

My question is, how do you know what is on the menu of each resteraunt that evening? Is there a place to see on the app? (I can't see anywhere) or do you only know once youre at the restaurant? We'd ideally like to see the exact menus in order to make a decision on where to eat. 

Thanks!

I'd say the best option is to install the Celebrity app on your phone and then link to your cruise. You can see the evening menus for each of the dining rooms.  Have a great time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thunderbird56 said:

I'd say the best option is to install the Celebrity app on your phone and then link to your cruise. You can see the evening menus for each of the dining rooms.  Have a great time.

That will give you a sense of menus.  But those menus in the app are merely placeholders until right before the cruise. The order will change. 

When on board we use the app everyday to see both the lunch and dinner menus. 
FYI with the 4 MDRs you can order any items on the menu in all 4 MDRs.  For example,  you are seated in

Cyprus but want the pork chop that is on the menu in Tuscan, no problem you can order it.  Makes it easy when one of you wants an entree on the Cyprus menu and the other wants an item from Cosmopolitan.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When on board we use the app everyday to see both the lunch and dinner menus. 
FYI with the 4 MDRs you can order any items on the menu in all 4 MDRs.  For example,  you are seated in

Cyprus but want the pork chop that is on the menu in Tuscan, no problem you can order it.  Makes it easy when one of you wants an entree on the Cyprus menu and the other wants an item from Cosmopolitan.  

This sounds great! Thank you! With MDR dining, is it 3 course?    And how strict is this? For example would people ever order a couple of desserts pp ? Not that I'm planning to.... ;)  or for example could you order a couple of starters? Thanks

We rarely order dessert and when we do we split one. I would say Celebrity’s desserts often look better than they taste.  

I’m sure you could 2 starters, when DH can’t decide they will offer to bring both.

48 minutes ago, Hilaurennn said:

This sounds great! Thank you! With MDR dining, is it 3 course?    And how strict is this? For example would people ever order a couple of desserts pp ? Not that I'm planning to.... 😉 or for example could you order a couple of starters? Thanks

I would say yes to ordering 2, I've ordered two starters and I know some people when a couple order 3 mains (one each and split the third)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hilaurennn said:

This sounds great! Thank you! With MDR dining, is it 3 course?    And how strict is this? For example would people ever order a couple of desserts pp ? Not that I'm planning to.... 😉 or for example could you order a couple of starters? Thanks

We make all our MDR meals in the evening 5 courses. You can order what you want off the menu. Make your meal your way. You can order off the kids menu if you want.

Edited by doghog
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much all. 

Not related to the above but does the apex have a shop on board? a place to buy Toiletries, snacks, soft drink etc?

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

There is a small area in the liquor store with limited toiletries and snacks.  Soda can be purchased at bars.

Thank you. One final question if you don't mind, I've heard people mention a buffet dinner included. Which room is this held in? 

25 minutes ago, Hilaurennn said:

Thank you. One final question if you don't mind, I've heard people mention a buffet dinner included. Which room is this held in? 

Ocean View Cafe. Same place as buffet breakfast and buffet lunch.