Princess 3 day sale

Posted (edited)

Just a heads up: saw some on fb confusing the sale with regular website. It is the name plus cruises site.  One posted her $1000 saving.

It did not look like the packages were that good of a deal for my cruise- and the perks wouldn’t be needs, so I am good with standard and !900 OBC.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

Wow.  This 3-Day "Sale" has been getting worse and worse.  This year has hit a new low.  Here's what they are offering....

Book ANY sailing at Princess Plus® fares, June 6 – 8 for all these <TA Name> Extras & more:

• Up to $1,200 Onboard Cash Credit.*
    • Onboard Beverage Package.*
    • Unlimited Wi-Fi.*
    • Crew Appreciation.*
    • Over $900 in Onboard Coupon Value.*
    • Reduced Deposit (non-refundable).*

Well, if you pay for Princess Plus, you already get the Beverage Package, Wi-Fi, and Crew Appreciation.  Calling these "Extras" is downright dishonest.  That "Up to $1,200 OBC"?  Well, none of the sailings highlighted in the email they sent me offered OBC over $60.  I guess if you look hard enough, you can find sailings with higher OBC, but it looks like typical marketing overhype. Nothing to see here😞

7 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Wow.  This 3-Day "Sale" has been getting worse and worse.  This year has hit a new low.  Here's what they are offering....

Book ANY sailing at Princess Plus® fares, June 6 – 8 for all these <TA Name> Extras & more:

• Up to $1,200 Onboard Cash Credit.*
    • Onboard Beverage Package.*
    • Unlimited Wi-Fi.*
    • Crew Appreciation.*
    • Over $900 in Onboard Coupon Value.*
    • Reduced Deposit (non-refundable).*

Well, if you pay for Princess Plus, you already get the Beverage Package, Wi-Fi, and Crew Appreciation.  Calling these "Extras" is downright dishonest.  That "Up to $1,200 OBC"?  Well, none of the sailings highlighted in the email they sent me offered OBC over $60.  I guess if you look hard enough, you can find sailings with higher OBC, but it looks like typical marketing overhype. Nothing to see here😞

Really depends on what you want,

Early this morning my fare dropped on Princess website.  The 3 day sale fare was the same as Princess fare this morning and gave me $30 US pp per day for 15 days=$900 US for 2 of us & coupon books. Non refundable deposit$270.

I am better off in my opinion, as I had no OBC with my Princess booking. The deposit went directly to Princess cruises- on my Amex. Cruise showed up in my app & personalizer within minutes.

• Like 1

I just checked our 11 previously booked future cruises (all with Princess Plus), none are priced lower.  Several are significantly higher priced!  No sale for us.  🤣

• Like 1

Yes, we will not be re-booking....  Princess current fares have gone up SO much over the last few months.

Looking at a future cruise, and the $30.00 pp, per day, adds up!

And, it should be $30.00 per person per day.

Plus another tiny OBC amount that was already on there from the Agency.

We would not have to book with the PLUS package.  So, if we wanted to use this OBC to help cover the cost of a package, that would work out.

Sanctuary, Spa, Specialty Dining....  we could do that!

14 minutes ago, dog said:

Really depends on what you want,

Early this morning my fare dropped on Princess website.  The 3 day sale fare was the same as Princess fare this morning and gave me $30 US pp per day for 15 days=$900 US for 2 of us & coupon books. Non refundable deposit$270.

I am better off in my opinion, as I had no OBC with my Princess booking. The deposit went directly to Princess cruises- on my Amex. Cruise showed up in my app & personalizer within minutes.

Do you know if the OBC can be used to purchase princess plus and if so could it be done before hand or would we have to wait until we board? I've never sailed princess before so I don't know how their OBC works.  If not I want to make sure it would be a lump sum vs each person specifically getting a use it or lose it (on a daily basis) $30 per day credit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes, we will not be re-booking....  Princess current fares have gone up SO much over the last few months.

Looking at a future cruise, and the $30.00 pp, per day, adds up!

And, it should be $30.00 per person per day.

Plus another tiny OBC amount that was already on there from the Agency.

We would not have to book with the PLUS package.  So, if we wanted to use this OBC to help cover the cost of a package, that would work out.

Sanctuary, Spa, Specialty Dining....  we could do that!

Agree- the packages are not looking good deal at all. My $900 will pay 15 days of CA , wifi- elite rate-1 device & Ocean Now delivered very.

We order water pre cruise, bring soda, elite mini bar, laundry- shop discounts and Standard fare works for me.

Posted (edited)

Felicia...  

The total OBC will show on your booking.  It is one total, waiting there.

It sounds as if this applies when one already books with PLUS, but this does not seem to be the case.   They will be very very happy to book any package when you board.

This type of OBC is always non-refudible.  Use it on that sailing.

Dog,  we would def. make very good use of all of the Plus inclusions!!!

NO problem here.

But, if it does not work out that way for everyone, then you are right.

Maybe one doesn't even really want to try to spend that OBC.

Are you sure you wouldn't really like having everything, no 'tab'...

Maybe you would appreciate it more than you think???

Edited by Wishing on a star

1 minute ago, FeliciaB said:

Do you know if the OBC can be used to purchase princess plus and if so could it be done before hand or would we have to wait until we board? I've never sailed princess before so I don't know how their OBC works.  If not I want to make sure it would be a lump sum vs each person specifically getting a use it or lose it (on a daily basis) $30 per day credit.

It is on board use- wait til you board.

It shows $450 pp for a total of $900 for my BD 15 day cruise.  It says non refundable but does not say on any of my paperwork that it excludes items.

You can call or book online.

There are choices for packages- standard with perks, plus, premier. The drink package fares seem high to me.

6 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Felicia...  

The total OBC will show on your booking.  It is one total, waiting there.

It sounds as if this applies when one already books with PLUS, but this does not seem to be the case.   They will be very very happy to book any package when you board.

This type of OBC is always non-refudible.  Use it on that sailing.

Dog,  we would def. make very good use of all of the Plus inclusions!!!

NO problem here.

But, if it does not work out that way for everyone, then you are right.

Maybe one doesn't even really want to try to spend that OBC.

Are you sure you wouldn't really like having everything, no 'tab'...

Maybe you would appreciate it more than you think???

I’ve had premium twice and do not drink much alcohol, elite discounts  deserts - fitness was their joke! etc. No tab- nice but I’ve done the math.

24 minutes ago, FeliciaB said:

Yes, you can use the OBC to purchase the Plus package once you get on board.  If you're booking a balcony cabin, you should receive 30 pppd even with just getting the standard fare.  This of course would cover half of the 60 pppd rate for Plus. If you are staying in an inside or ocean view, the OBC would be reduced to 20 pppd, which would then cover one third of your Plus cost.

I have 10 future cruises all currently booked with refundable deposits and the plus package.  Just checked and all 10 are priced higher and only one is close but not enough to go through the hassle of cancelling, rebooking and then also having a NRD.

It's usually better to just book as soon as sailings open up to get the best rate.  All of my cruises have always gone up, with the exception of a single 14 day repo cruise we have this August.  The price drop enabled us to get a free upgrade from inside to balcony.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

It's usually better to just book as soon as sailings open up to get the best rate.  All of my cruises have always gone up, with the exception of a single 14 day repo cruise

Ditto, this is exactly what we do.

• Like 2

I just tried a mock booking for a Europe cruise in April 2025 that we will probably take. The E-price was $100 less than the Princess price (mini suite). It also included $270pp in OBC.

The tradeoffs were non-refundable deposits, and Princess would assign the room just before boarding. Not good enough. I want to choose my cabin.

4 hours ago, FeliciaB said:

excursions can be booked pre cruise using this OBC

Posted (edited)

Teechur...  You CAN select your room...  If you can select a room on the Princess web-site then you should also be able to select a room with this Agency.

The $100. difference might be the increased 'Select Your Room' fare that Princess has been doing on some sailings.   

The cruise that we are looking at is the same price that Princess shows.  (no discount or 'group rate' on that one )

Our problem is that we want a Deluxe Balcony for just the two of us.   And, Princess is only showing them for selecting for three or more guests.

What sailing are you looking at???

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Teechur...  You CAN select your room...  If you can select a room on the Princess web-site then you should also be able to select a room with this Agency.

The $100. difference might be the increased 'Select Your Room' fare that Princess has been doing on some sailings.   

The cruise that we are looking at is the same price that Princess shows.

Our problem is that we want a Deluxe Balcony for just the two of us.   And, Princess is only showing them for selecting for three or more guests.

What sailing are you looking at???

9-day European Explorer, April 29, 2025. I tried over and over and could not pick a cabin. For the "Choose your room bundle" it says "We are sold out."

Edit: I have figured out how to book a cabin. Thanks!

Edited by Teechur
Added a line.

Posted (edited)

Wow,  it is not showing any balconies to be selected either.

Either something is going on, or is this sailing, less than one year out, already heavily sold???

edited to add:   There are NO cabins in any category showing up for selection.  Something going on with this one??? 

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I just checked our 11 previously booked future cruises (all with Princess Plus), none are priced lower.  Several are significantly higher priced!  No sale for us.  🤣

There was definitely no sale on our 32-day Oct 2025 Tahiti cruise. But then our Reserve Class mini-suite went down over $4,000 per person back in early May. I keep hoping though, since there are M1 cabins still available! 😁

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Wow,  it is not showing any balconies to be selected either.

Either something is going on, or is this sailing, less than one year out, already heavily sold???

edited to add:   There are NO cabins in any category showing up for selection.  Something going on with this one??? 

I figured it out. When I was at the cabin choice page, instead of choosing just "mini suite", I scrolled to the right and got another "mini suite" choice. That one allowed room choices.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dog said:

It did not look like the packages were that good of a deal for my cruise- and the perks wouldn’t be needs, so I am good with standard and !900 OBC

I'm just trying to understand what I'm reading on that site.  It looks like for a standard fare on a 7 day cruise, you can get say $50 OBC, plus $20/pp/pd OBC for the 7 days,which would be $280.  

That's not a bad deal, and better than I normally get booking with Princess or my own TA.  

The only downside is a non refundable deposit?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I'm just trying to understand what I'm reading on that site.  It looks like for a standard fare on a 7 day cruise, you can get say $50 OBC, plus $20/pp/pd OBC for the 7 days,which would be $280.  

That's not a bad deal, and better than I normally get booking with Princess or my own TA.  

The only downside is a non refundable deposit?

My offer was for a BD category standard fare, 2 adults. 15 day cruise.

They gave each of us $450 US OBC=$900 per cabin.& coupon books.

Same base fare as the Princess website.

Princess did not give us any OBC and still hasn’t returned my FCD from the Star cruise they canceled in April.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dog said:

My offer was for a BD category standard fare, 2 adults. 15 day cruise.

They gave each of us $450 US OBC=$900 per cabin.& coupon books.

Same base fare as the Princess website.

Princess did not give us any OBC and still hasn’t returned my FCD from the Star cruise they canceled in April.

Thank you.  I'm just making sure I'm looking in the right place.  

I'm confused.  Because Im canadian I only see the prices in CAD on the Princess site.  No option to change that unlike other cruise line web sites.

Where does it show this extra OBC for the new sale.  I haven't seen any on any of the cruises I have checked.  Thanks for any help