Azamara Chioggia

berlus

I have researched this for my Aug/25 cruise out of Chioggia.  Most economical is #85 bus from the airport to Chioggia.  Most convenient is private transport which may be 100 Euros.  I am also staying one night pre cruise and plan on emailing one of the recommended hotels to inquire about sending a taxi to pick us up.  After an overnight flight I don't know if I will be up to the bus as I understands it runs every 3 hours.  

Azamara has not listed any excursions to Venice as yet and am hoping to read a good review of a similar cruise over the next few months.  

Posted (edited)

There are not many taxi providers in Chioggia - we were told only three but they are supposed to be slightly cheaper to get them from there rather than the airport. We found plenty of taxis at Venice airport some not so willing to take us to Chioggia but you just need to ask a few.  I recall it cost four of us 140 euros

For a day trip There is a fast bus from Chioggia daily straight into Venice I think around 6 or 7 euros, alternatively longer route is the ferry ride across to the island onto Lido via bus then across lagoon on water taxi

Chioggia is lovely, so unspoilt, we like it better than Venice

Edited by B17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello!    Can anyone tell me the address/point where Azamaru boarding takes place in Chioggia.  We are spending the night in Venice before the cruise and are considering coming from there by bus from Piazzale Roma, but we don’t know what stop to get off at in Chioggia.  If the address of the terminal was known, I would have found out.  thanks for the help!

4 hours ago, Sermenn1 said:

Hello!    Can anyone tell me the address/point where Azamaru boarding takes place in Chioggia.  We are spending the night in Venice before the cruise and are considering coming from there by bus from Piazzale Roma, but we don’t know what stop to get off at in Chioggia.  If the address of the terminal was known, I would have found out.  thanks for the help!

If you go to the Before You Board section on the website you can find the information on the FAQ. But here’s what you need.

IMG_1077.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sermenn1 said:

Here's the map I made last year (though in the end we ended up taking a private-hire minivan with four others).  https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@45.3885747,12.0996911,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1GKnTzrLlOs04a7FwHDXhxyJ_rWUFDt4?entry=ttu  You can see the docking location and the bus routes from both the airport and Venice.

The closest stop is on Via Antonio Naccari (just over a 1km walk to the ship), but it may be better to take the bus to the end of the line in Piazzale Europa, where you're much more likely to be able to get a taxi to the ship.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Here's the map I made last year (though in the end we ended up taking a private-hire minivan with four others).  https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@45.3885747,12.0996911,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1GKnTzrLlOs04a7FwHDXhxyJ_rWUFDt4?entry=ttu  You can see the docking location and the bus routes from both the airport and Venice.

The closest stop is on Via Antonio Naccari (just over a 1km walk to the ship), but it may be better to take the bus to the end of the line in Piazzale Europa, where you're much more likely to be able to get a taxi to the ship.

That’s excellent information. 

We have for the first and probably only time opted for flights and transfers booked with our cruise. Daft question - will there be someone at Venice airport with an Azamara sign for us to glom onto? If so where?

According to manage my booking the transfers are confirmed but the Air is listed as independent sigh.

1 hour ago, Catchum said:

We have for the first and probably only time opted for flights and transfers booked with our cruise. Daft question - will there be someone at Venice airport with an Azamara sign for us to glom onto? If so where?

According to manage my booking the transfers are confirmed but the Air is listed as independent sigh.

Yes they will be standing as you exit the luggage reclaim area into the arrivals hall. There were several members of staff with signs waiting to the right hand side last year .

• Like 1

We are booked on an Azamara cruise departing Chioggia next May10 2025. The ship overnights in Chioggia and actually departs on the 11 May. Regarding getting an Azamara transfer from Venice airport on May 10, will there be buses at various times on May 10? There is a transfer available on the Manage Booking screen on the website, but no time options.
Im just looking at flight times into Venice and trying to decide the most appropriate time to arrive. 
Thanks in anticipation. 

8 hours ago, 59impala said:

We are booked on an Azamara cruise departing Chioggia next May10 2025. The ship overnights in Chioggia and actually departs on the 11 May. Regarding getting an Azamara transfer from Venice airport on May 10, will there be buses at various times on May 10? There is a transfer available on the Manage Booking screen on the website, but no time options.
Im just looking at flight times into Venice and trying to decide the most appropriate time to arrive. 
Thanks in anticipation. 

I think that once you proceed with the booking there is space for entering an arrival time.

There are a lot of unknowns with the Azamara transfer. When I try to book a bus from Venice on the morning of the cruise, there is no information about the bus. The departure time and, most importantly, where it departs from are not indicated. It simply says "City".

• 2 weeks later...

We're on the Oct. 19th Quest cruise out of Chioggia, and there are Azamara transfers provided ($27 pp) from the Venezia Tronchetto (the old Venice port) leaving at 12, 12:30, and 1:00 PM.  I have no idea where I found that information since I see nothing but City-Port on our reservation.

Fred, we would be interested in how this transfer works out for you after your cruise. We are trying to start planning for a May 10 cruise on Quest.

TIA, B&B

On 6/11/2024 at 10:54 AM, FredZiffle said:

We're on the Oct. 19th Quest cruise out of Chioggia, and there are Azamara transfers provided ($27 pp) from the Venezia Tronchetto (the old Venice port) leaving at 12, 12:30, and 1:00 PM.  I have no idea where I found that information since I see nothing but City-Port on our reservation.

• 2 weeks later...

We took the transfer from Venice (Tranchetto) to Chioggia last October. It was extremely disorganized. The Azamara guides were clueless, and each one had a different answer about the boarding times. We sat out in the sun for a few hours waiting for our bus, but once we boarded the bus, everything was smooth and went perfectly.  There are a few souvenir shops and a bathroom (bring euros!) and a few food stands, but little shade. 

Once we departed the bus, we were completely checked in to our cruise and sat down for lunch within 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KTV said:

We took the transfer from Venice (Tranchetto) to Chioggia last October. It was extremely disorganized. The Azamara guides were clueless, and each one had a different answer about the boarding times. We sat out in the sun for a few hours waiting for our bus, but once we boarded the bus, everything was smooth and went perfectly.  There are a few souvenir shops and a bathroom (bring euros!) and a few food stands, but little shade. 

Once we departed the bus, we were completely checked in to our cruise and sat down for lunch within 15 minutes.

I hope they have worked the bugs out before our cruise.