My chosen boarding time disappeared in the app - how to solve?

I checked in all 11 family members in at midnight Vancouver time this morning for our July 12 sail. I only chose the boarding time for all 11 of us (10:00 am) saved it all and asked the other family members to fill in their other info when they can. I just went back in the app to complete scanning my passport and it shows no boarding time chosen. I can now choose 10:30 which is fine but what happened? How can I actually get everything to save? It autofilled my CC info (incorrectly) - I fixed it, saved it and went back in the app (after logging out and back in) and it reverted to the wrong CC info. Ugh this is so frustrating! Advice welcome, thanks. 

Figuring out why the app isn't behaving properly is often an exercise in futility.

Have you tried using the website instead of the app?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surgie said:

I can now choose 10:30 which is fine but what happened?

That earlier 10AM may have been an IT error/glitch - I don't think any ship/port has such an early check-in/arrival time.

• Like 2

This has been a problem for my cruises for the past two years.

I obtain the earliest check-in time available and it is confirmed for both my wife and I.

For MONTHS in between the first reservation and boarding on ship, it appears, disappears, appears, disappears, disappears in my wife's check-in app but appears on mine, then mysteriously appears on mine but not hers,.........exhausting to say the least.

Welcome to the land of Royal IT.

The adventure of a Royal Caribbean Cruise starts WAY before embarkation!

Welcome to the Club Royal!

😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Have you tried using the website instead of the app?

Because I was checking in for all 11 people linked to me (in 4 cabins), I was told by the TA I could only do this on the app. The message on the RCI website seemed to support this. 

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That earlier 10AM may have been an IT error/glitch - I don't think any ship/port has such an early check-in/arrival time.

I cannot explain this at all but there definitely was a choice of 10:00-10:30. We are in JS if that makes any difference? For much of the day on the check in screen the "Arrival Time" said "see you on January 1" without any time listed. January 1 for an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver - nope. Finally later in the day after multiple times of logging out and back in on the app, I can now see the arrival time listed as July 12 at 10:00. The SetSail pass also confirms 10:00 am. I have no idea why the misinformation and lag in updating along the way. But at least it appears to be correct now. 

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

You are picking a checkin time not a boarding time. 

Yes, sorry I used the incorrect terminology. 

1 hour ago, surgie said:

Yes, sorry I used the incorrect terminology. 

There are many experienced cruises who use 'boarding' time and 'check-in' time improperly in posts, including myself.

I know your intent even if you used the wrong terminology.

I have been guilty of criticizing grammar in the past.

No reason to continue it in the present or future.

If I do not make mistakes in my posts, I might be AI generated.

Even worse, I might be AI programmed to make mistakes in my post to seem more human.

What a tangled web we weave.

😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, surgie said:

Because I was checking in for all 11 people linked to me (in 4 cabins), I was told by the TA I could only do this on the app. The message on the RCI website seemed to support this. 

Show up when you want to the port,,,, all 11 of you. You'll be fine at 10:00. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, surgie said:

We are in JS if that makes any difference?

No, everyone usually has the same arrival time options. Again, that’s likely an IT glitch which for this discussion makes no diff as at most ports arrival times are not enforced. 

• Like 1