5/30/24: Princess to Introduce Exclusive "Premium Liquors"

May 30, 2024 9:30 AM EDT

Princess Cruises Partners with Pitbull, Jason Aldean, Romero Britto to Introduce Exclusive "Love Line Premium Liquors" Collection

New High-End Wine and Spirits Options Debut on Sun Princess, Rolling Out Fleetwide Included in Princess Premier Package

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., May 30, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises, the world's most iconic cruise brand, has launched its all-new "Love Line Premium Liquors" collection. Crafted in collaboration with renowned celebrities Pitbull, Jason Aldean and Romero Britto, this exclusive line of wines and spirits promises an unparalleled experience for guests sailing aboard ships from the Love Boat.

Voli 305 Vodka by Pitbull  

Debuting on Sun Princess, the "Love Line Premium Liquors" collection features meticulously selected wines and spirits, each bearing the unique touch of its celebrity partner. From the smooth allure of premium vodka to organic notes of crafted wine, this collection caters to the discerning tastes of Princess Cruises guests.

Among the highlights of the premium spirits collection are:

Voli 305 Vodka by Pitbull: A celebration of style and sophistication, Voli 305 Vodka embodies the vibrant energy of Miami nightlife. Created in partnership with Pitbull, this ultra-premium vodka is distilled to perfection, offering a taste of luxury with every sip. Pitbull, also known as Mr. Worldwide, is a globally recognized musician, entrepreneur, and education advocate.

Love Prosecco by Britto: Artist Romero Britto and esteemed winemaker Villa Sandi have joined creative forces to unveil Love Prosecco, a private label that marries artistry with the essence of fine Italian craftsmanship and is included as part of the dining experience at Love by Britto aboard Sun Princess, as well as available in bars across the Princess fleet.

Love Prosecco embodies the essence of refinement and sophistication, offering a refreshing experience with every sip. This classic wine delights the palate with a nuanced interplay of dry melon fruit, transitioning seamlessly into a luxurious burst of fine mousse. Its liberating flavors dance on the taste buds, with notes of lemon, mineral, and white peach imparting a symphony of taste sensations.

Not stopping at the contents within, every aspect of Love Prosecco, from label to packaging, reflects Britto's distinctive artistic vision. The label and box have been meticulously designed by Britto himself, infusing the product with an added layer of visual allure and creative expression.

Melorosa Sauvignon Blanc, Red Blend and Cabernet Sauvignon by Jason Aldean: Melorosa Sauvignon Blanc, Melorosa Red Blend and Cabernet Sauvignon from celebrated country music icon Jason Aldean and his sister Kasi Wicks and fellow country music artist and entertainer Chuck Wicks round out the initial brands that make up the exciting new Love Line collection. Famed for his chart-topping hits like "Dirt Road Anthem" and "Burnin' It Down," Aldean and his family bring their passion for quality and authenticity to the world of winemaking.

Crafted to perfection, Melorosa Sauvignon Blanc is a refreshing and dry white wine that promises a delightful sensory journey. Its crisp palate, accentuated by hints of herbs and grasses, pairs harmoniously with a variety of dishes.

Those with a passion for reds will enjoy the sophisticated Melorosa Cabernet Sauvignon, a fruit-forward marvel crafted straight from the heart of California's vineyards. Embodied with rich dark fruit notes of blueberry and blackberry, complemented by nuances of earth, dust, mocha, and cedar, this Cabernet is a symphony of flavors. Its moderate to high tannin levels and concentrated profile make it an impeccable choice for pairing with rich tasting foods, promising an unforgettable dining experience.

"We are proud to partner with esteemed celebrities like Pitbull, Jason Aldean and Romero Britto to introduce the 'Love Line Premium Liquors' collection and deliver an exceptional selection of spirits that reflect the diverse tastes and preferences of our guests," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. "The Love Line Collection is a natural extension of the elegance and sophistication found throughout our Princess ships and makes every sip a journey worth savoring."

Guests booked on a Princess Premier package will enjoy these premium spirits as part of their beverage options, further enhancing their all-inclusive cruise experience.

The "Love Line Premium Liquors" collection is now available aboard Sun Princess, and will be available exclusively across the Princess fleet starting ahead of summer voyages, providing guests with an unparalleled opportunity to indulge in the finest spirits from around the world. Whether sipping Prosecco under the stars or toasting to new adventures with premium wines, guests can expect nothing less than perfection from this extraordinary new collection.

Sun Princess cruises to the Mediterranean, Europe and Caribbean can be booked by visiting www.princess.com/sunprincess

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

We have the Premier package for our August sailing, so I guess we could try one of these.  Honestly, it doesn’t really excite me all that much.

• Like 8

Thanks @LACruiser88 for the post.

Voli vodka has been around for a while and Pitbull bought it and then brought it to Miami to be produced.  He made such a big to do about it when he did that.  It's not even an expensive vodka!  

Not sure what the big deal is and why Princess is touting it as exclusive since you can buy it at Total Wine for $22.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

49 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We have the Premier package for our August sailing, so I guess we could try one of these.  Honestly, it doesn’t really excite me all that much.

Milady are you assuming these will fit in the premier package ?  I did not see anything about price but may have missed something 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

Milady are you assuming these will fit in the premier package ?  I did not see anything about price but may have missed something 

From the press release...

Guests booked on a Princess Premier package will enjoy these premium spirits as part of their beverage options, further enhancing their all-inclusive cruise experienc

• Like 3

1 minute ago, memoak said:

Original post second paragraph.  “ Included in the Princess Premier Package”.  I’m finding it difficult to get all worked up about Pitbull’s vodka!  Grey Goose suffices for me.  It will be tough to beat Whispering Angel, too!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

Original post second paragraph.  “ Included in the Princess Premier Package”.  I’m finding it difficult to get all worked up about Pitbull’s vodka!  Grey Goose suffices for me.  It will be tough to beat Whispering Angel, too!

See it is too early for me to be posting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Keep with the Grey Goose, it's much  smoother than Pitbull's vodka. 

Feels like it's the same PR group that promoted the Brightline partnership, much ado about nothing.  LOL

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

They are likely another overpriced “celebrity” line of alcohol where the cost for the celebrity’s endorsement results in a higher price without necessarily a higher quality…paying more for the name.

I know a TW store manager who gets celebrity endorsers who attend sales promotions to hype sales of their endorsed products which is no guarantee of a higher quality product…just more expensive for the celebrity endorsement.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

ANY addition to wines offered By The Glass is most welcome. The wines on the Plus List do not show the names of the Wines. So even with Plus Package we always order from the Premier List.

We have been requesting on-board and in our surveys for Princess to add higher end wines to the Wine-By-Glass list even if the price per glass is higher than $20 so those even on Premier Package can pay the differential and order them. Currently, only Caymus "Regular" Cabernet at $28 is offered on some ships but sometimes we have been able to order the Caymus on other sailings by getting approval from the Bar Manager.

We have also requested that the Wine Lists show the AVA -- eg Napa / Sonoma instead of California. Some of the New Additions will be Napa.

Edited by sultan_sfo

Having Pit Bull's name attached to a product is kryptonite as far as I'm concerned.

And Melorosa Cabernet can be found in a handful of wine shops in and around Nashville for about $17-$20 per bottle.  It has neither the grape source nor the winemaking team that could come close to qualifying this as a high-end, luxury brand.  They will be selling this wine by the glass at a cost that likely exceeds the price of a full bottle.  With an allowance of 15 drinks per day, there is no reason for me not to taste it.  But the odds of this being something "exciting and new" are very, very low. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ellipooh said:

He’s a celebrity?
Huh! Never heard of him

Me either ☺️

Searched for Britto & he’s a well known artist…I also see that he’s listed on the Park West website so if they still run the Princess art auctions maybe his artwork is available onboard? 😉

At TW Villa Sandi Prosecco is $14.99.

2 hours ago, sultan_sfo said:

ANY addition to wines offered By The Glass is most welcome. The wines on the Plus List do not show the names of the Wines. So even with Plus Package we always order from the Premier List.

We have been requesting on-board and in our surveys for Princess to add higher end wines to the Wine-By-Glass list even if the price per glass is higher than $20 so those even on Premier Package can pay the differential and order them. Currently, only Caymus "Regular" Cabernet at $28 is offered on some ships but sometimes we have been able to order the Caymus on other sailings by getting approval from the Bar Manager.

We have also requested that the Wine Lists show the AVA -- eg Napa / Sonoma instead of California. Some of the New Additions will be Napa.

Vines has many wines by the glass on their menu all with names of vineyards some in the plus range some not 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Me either ☺️

Searched for Britto & he’s a well known artist…I also see that he’s listed on the Park West website so if they still run the Princess art auctions maybe his artwork is available onboard? 😉

At TW Villa Sandi Prosecco is $14.99.

Britto has also sponsored/designed a dining experience aboard Sun Princess, Love by Britto.  $149pp.

He's a pretty famous artist..... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Vines has many wines by the glass on their menu all with names of vineyards some in the plus range some not 

The article says that theses wines will debut on Sun which sadly does not have a Vines. It’s rather odd that Princess decided to roll out new wines on a ship that does not have a wine centric venue. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, memoak said:

We are big fans of Pitbull

Our neighbors have a couple of them. They don’t rap though.  Just bark.  I don’t know anything about their taste in vodka.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3