June 4th cruise Island Princess. Manhattan instead of Brooklyn ? What’s going on?

I just saw that people now on the Island were told that they are docking at the Manhattan cruise terminal instead of Brooklyn! Can anyone verify this? I’ve been trying to get through to Princess but can’t get an answer. This is a nightmare for people who are parking. 

Are you talking about posts on a certain social media platform?  The notification I saw posted is from a 3rd party parking service. Princess and the port schedules say Brooklyn. I’m on the 6/14 sailing and someone from that group posted they did talk to Princess yesterday. 

I spoke to Princess today and they swear the port is Brooklyn and if there is a change they will email us. However, people on the current cruise were notified that they will be docking in Manhattan! And cruisemapper.com shows that the ship is docking in Manhattan. So I guess June 4th will be an interesting day.

Oh wow, maybe the 3rd party parking had a notification before anyone else.  the NYC cruise schedule still shows Brooklyn.  Wonder if it's just the 6/4 sailing and then are you returning to Manhattan or Brooklyn on 6/14?  

I'm also sailing on the June 4 cruise. I'm taking the shuttle bus from LaGuardia to the port, so I hope the bus driver knows which port to go to. I feel sorry for the people who are driving to the port and parking. When I was on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale that returned to a different pier, Princess provided shuttle buses for free to the passengers who had parked at the other one. Of course, that was a little less than 2 miles away instead of nearly 8 miles away through city traffic.

• Like 1

You can get the information from the cruise terminal website directly. 

Www.cruise.nyc/BCT-schedule

For June 4 it's showing Brooklyn is the terminal. Maybe there is a change for today and today's schedule. 

5 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I just saw that people now on the Island were told that they are docking at the Manhattan cruise terminal instead of Brooklyn! Can anyone verify this? I’ve been trying to get through to Princess but can’t get an answer. This is a nightmare for people who are parking. 

No one will know anything.  Even on the ship if you ask the crew or officers no one knows where they are docking.  Believe me, I have asked.

On Island now. This morning we received in our room the standard "Disembarkation Questionnaire" about transfers to airport. It says "New York, Manhatten, Pier 88 - June 4. 2024". Our transfer tickets do not show pier, only transfer to LGA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CenTexan said:

On Island now. This morning we received in our room the standard "Disembarkation Questionnaire" about transfers to airport. It says "New York, Manhatten, Pier 88 - June 4. 2024". Our transfer tickets do not show pier, only transfer to LGA.

Manhattan is pretty definite then. 

Bridge department will know @suzyed.

17 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

CenTexan. Can you ask at customer service for us? Maybe someone can find out from the captain if we all go to Brooklyn or not. It’s a real pickle 

Our original itinerary says "Manhattan or Brooklyn". Just asked a ship officer and she confirmed Manhattan Pier 88.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The NY Cruise Ports site does not allow people to reserve a parking space in Brooklyn for any upcoming Island cruise now all reservations for parking for Island cruises are at Manhattan.  Just last week you could make reservations in Brooklyn.  Tis a mystery but my bet is that all these cruises are going to and from Manhattan.

• Like 1

Yes. June 4th for logistical reasons is leaving from Manhattan cruise terminal pier 88. Don’t know where we will be on the 14th when we come back. Did not hear this from Princess just from passengers on board now . No official email. If you call you are told Brooklyn if you do live chat you are told Manhattan! TAs are told they don’t know. Nuts

I'm onboard the Island Princess set to dock on June 4. Several days ago they notified us we would dock in Manhattan. People went crazy changing transportation and flights. This morning, June 1 captain just announced that we are changed to Brooklyn. I feel sorry for those embarking on June 4. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it again. Ridiculous and avoidable situation.