Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

2 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

Last time we sailed on Celebrity they gave us Elite status. The Happy Hour was a sick joke. Now we will be Zenith. A definite improvement.

Just promise not to wear your Pin nametag on an X ship😱

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

Last time we sailed on Celebrity they gave us Elite status. The Happy Hour was a sick joke. Now we will be Zenith. A definite improvement.

The upcoming cruises we have booked on X, we have premium package, BUT since we’re only Elite Plus with our status, just how bad is the nightly Happy Hour?  What made it a sick joke? Crappy choices, slow bar service?  I wish they would just do like a royal and allow 5 drinks. I remember back when we had to go to the D lounge to get the drinks….that was awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The upcoming cruises we have booked on X, we have premium package, BUT since we’re only Elite Plus with our status, just how bad is the nightly Happy Hour?  What made it a sick joke? Crappy choices, slow bar service?  I wish they would just do like a royal and allow 5 drinks. I remember back when we had to go to the D lounge to get the drinks….that was awful.

Went to lounge, told to sit down & server would be around, never came around, went to bar & told to sit down & server would be around. It took 3 nights to get one drink. At least at the Diamond Lounge we could get a drink every night, might be crowded but we always got a drink.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We have never had a problem getting a drink at any of the bars on RCI ships.  Of course when I sit or stand to order...I have my card out in advance....next to a few bucks cash tip.  😉 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

They have Great Lake Cruises

It was a joke in relation to ocean cruises.

Anyway, none of cruises stop at Buffalo... yet...  however, I heard there is a plan to make a cruise terminal in the downtown.  We shall see.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Went to lounge, told to sit down & server would be around, never came around, went to bar & told to sit down & server would be around. It took 3 nights to get one drink. At least at the Diamond Lounge we could get a drink every night, might be crowded but we always got a drink.

Which is exactly why we always opt to include a premium drink package on X, avoiding the hassle. The bartenders in the World Class bar (where we went every eve) seemed to pay a lot more attention to those with the Premium drink package; of course, we always tip extra, so that may have made a big difference. If we were allowed to use our 5 vouchers at any bar at any time of day or night, we may not opt for the drink package but, for now, we do! Cheers!

34 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Why??????

Two reasons:

1) Because it means absolutely nothing on a Celebrity cruise, and

2) Because it lets every Zenith on board know that you are really not one of them, just another RCL poser. From the comments on the X board, they are not really happy with the new program as it is - but hey, if you want to poke the bear and draw negative attention to yourself...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

It was a joke in relation to ocean cruises.

Anyway, none of cruises stop at Buffalo... yet...  however, I heard there is a plan to make a cruise terminal in the downtown.  We shall see.

Maid of the Mist????

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

IMO, the CC HH is not bad at all. Just not as good as RCs. Precovid the organized CC HH was held in the Sky Lounge (on the S & M class ships) from 5 to 7:PM. No small buffet set up for snacks. Roaming servers came around with different finger foods and drinks. The drinks were from a limited CC HH beverage menu. Very similar to what the CAS beverage menu use to be. Now the CC HH is at most bars (some bars excluded. Ship class specific. You will receive a welcome aboard letter in your cabin from the CC host detailing all events, times and perks. Just like with the CAS.) from 5 to 7:PM. Drinks are from the limited CC HH beverage menu not the bare menu. Starting about a few months ago the CC started the CC HH back up in one of the lounges (ship specific to which lounge) from 5 to 7:PM. Again, roaming servers come around with different finger foods and drinks. The drinks are from a limited CC HH beverage menu. This CC HH event is only scheduled for two to three nights, depending on the length of the cruise. The other nights of the cruise the CC HH is at most bars. 5 to 7:PM. Since you have a BP just order those drinks and not the CC HH drinks. That's what we do. You be the judge based on your experience(s). 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Not our experiences pre and post covid on any of our Celebrity cruises. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Maid of the Mist????

Yes, a special half an hour cruise in the Niagara Falls.  One will definitely become "maid of the mist" after that short experience.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Which is exactly why we always opt to include a premium drink package on X, avoiding the hassle. The bartenders in the World Class bar (where we went every eve) seemed to pay a lot more attention to those with the Premium drink package; of course, we always tip extra, so that may have made a big difference. If we were allowed to use our 5 vouchers at any bar at any time of day or night, we may not opt for the drink package but, for now, we do! Cheers!

It's the tips indeed.  Most especially the cash tips.  😉 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Two reasons:

2) Because it lets every Zenith on board know that you are really not one of them, just another RCL poser. From the comments on the X board, they are not really happy with the new program as it is - but hey, if you want to poke the bear and draw negative attention to yourself...

LOL...I just assumed your post was a joke anyway.  😄  Like wearing a Carnival t-shirt on an RCI ship.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Two reasons:

We definitely be keeping our newly inherited status match on X a secret.  😉 

39 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Two reasons:

Why?????? So!!!!!🤪

36 minutes ago, doghog said:

Not our experiences pre and post covid on any of our Celebrity cruises. 

I was just answering a questioned asked of me. Very glad you didn't have to waste your time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

I was just answering a questioned asked of me. Very glad you didn't have to waste your time.

Wasn't wasting my time in the least. Just sharing our experiences. Sorry to tip you over. 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Wasn't wasting my time in the least. Just sharing our experiences. Sorry to tip you over. 😂

Meant wasting your time sitting there trying to get a drink like we did.

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

Here's a copy of the limited CC HH beverage menu. We order drinks from our BP. 

IMG_0324.thumb.jpeg.6c70aa464a61684b7ba2a7a50567707f.jpeg

Crappy choices….whats BP? Beverage package? I would hope there’s better choices on that!

1 minute ago, FOXTROT said:

Meant wasting your time sitting there trying to get a drink like we did.

Even if we had to wait for a drink still wouldn't be a waste of our time. If the venue is busy, of course we would expect a wait or leave to find another. Plenty of other places for a drink. Exactly why we stay away from Celebrity's martini bars especially for pre supper drinks. Very popular, so always crowded. Cheers. 🍻

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Crappy choices….whats BP? Beverage package? I would hope there’s better choices on that!

Beverage Package. Classic Beverage Package (CBP) or Premium Beverage Package (PBP). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1