Who can explain this one? Website vs. App

Same cruise...

On the RCCL App:

image.png.b44e1f88221f0f75fabfc46c0d361595.png

On the RCCL website:

image.png.385f81d0f8577fe9e6a05bdd7df2da15.png

So...Does check-in open on June 10?  ...or June 11?

Or does it open on the website on the 11th...but open via the app on the 10th??

45 days before the cruise departs I believe.  Is it possible the time zones are messing you up?  I'm on the east coast, and it's 9:08P on 5/30.  But in Southampton it's 2:08A on 5/31.  So midnight in Southampton on whatever 45 days before your cruise is would still be the previous day in the US.  

4 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

45 days before the cruise departs I believe.  Is it possible the time zones are messing you up?  I'm on the east coast, and it's 9:08P on 5/30.  But in Southampton it's 2:08A on 5/31.  So midnight in Southampton on whatever 45 days before your cruise is would still be the previous day in the US.  

But...Check-in, supposedly, opens at 12:01 am local time wherever the ship is.  Would that not be the same date whether you're on the website or the app?  Where I am should be irrelevant.  45 days would be the 11th either way...

13 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

But...Check-in, supposedly, opens at 12:01 am local time wherever the ship is.  Would that not be the same date whether you're on the website or the app?  Where I am should be irrelevant.  45 days would be the 11th either way...

I'm just guessing.  But the app may actually look at your phone's time/date and the website isn't.  So midnight on June 11 would still be June 10 in the US.

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The website shows the ship's home port date for check-in. The app shows your local date when you can check in.

This comes back to the incompetence of RC IT. No credible customer facing facility would present different information, depending on the way you access it. 

This happens all the time. Mine showed June 2nd and June 3rd for months....now that it's only a few days away, they both show the 3rd. It'll probably fix itself in a few days. Same thing happened to me last year, as well. 

10 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

This happens all the time. Mine showed June 2nd and June 3rd for months....now that it's only a few days away, they both show the 3rd. It'll probably fix itself in a few days. Same thing happened to me last year, as well. 

Same here. They both synced closer to my sail date. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

This comes back to the incompetence of RC IT. No credible customer facing facility would present different information, depending on the way you access it. 

Royal IT has its issues. But this one is pretty low on the totem pole.

1) Very few people look at both dates

2) This date would be the same for the majority of cruisers the majority of the time they'd be looking at it.

3) Very few people care about checking in the minute check in opens.

Edited by smokeybandit

49 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

Mine has always had 2 different days. It ended up being the later day each time.

Same here (as well as others above note). For months the app was one day earlier than the web site then about 60 days out, the dates sync'd up to the later web site date with was actually 12:00 AM departure port time 45 days out.

6 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

They're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.  In YOUR case, check in is June 11, in Southampton.  If they post June 11 for someone in California (for example), where there's an eight hour difference, they'll get complaints that people ended up checking in late.  

This is really simple.  Do the math yourself to figure out 45 days before, then do the math to figure out the time zone you'll be in at that time.  

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

They're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.  In YOUR case, check in is June 11, in Southampton.  If they post June 11 for someone in California (for example), where there's an eight hour difference, they'll get complaints that people ended up checking in late.  

This is really simple.  Do the math yourself to figure out 45 days before, then do the math to figure out the time zone you'll be in at that time.  

All they need to is say exactly when it opens e.g. June 11 at 12pm GMT. No confusion. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

All they need to is say exactly when it opens e.g. June 11 at 12pm GMT. No confusion. 

I think you give people too much credit.  You know how many people don't understand time zones, much less GMT?  

17 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I think you give people too much credit.  You know how many people don't understand time zones, much less GMT?  

😊 that’s ok. If they don’t understand time zones they have no hope of getting to the departure port, so checking in doesn’t matter to them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1