Will Carnival Corporation provide a similar program for all its brands as RCI?

Grego

Royal Caribbean has announced a status match among all three of its brands.  Going into effect June 5th will allow guests to attain equivalent tier status with all RCI cruise lines which enhances the guests benefits.

Is this a program that might enhance CCL's fleet by keeping guests from moving by keeping their loyalty status that can be used on other CCL's ship?

I'm not sure if this is even possible or if there is an interest, but it is an interesting marketing move.

• Like 2

MSC goes even further.  They will match status with other lines they don’t own.  Even hotel status. I got top tier with MSC to match my Hilton Diamond status.

• Like 2

Maybe 20 years ago we had status with Royal.  We booked a cruise with Celebrity and they matched our status.  Maybe they did away with that and are now bringing it back?  Also, what is their other brand?  I thought they sold SilverSeas?

RCCL and Celebrity have had reciprocal benefits as long as I can remember.  I think what is new is bringing Silver Seas into the status match group, where it used to be Azamara.  
So, I think it’s doubtful that CCL will do the same since they haven’t done it as of yet.  

Posted (edited)

I certainly hope not.

Combining benefits across Cruise Lines depletes them for everyone.

Also CCL has 8 cruiselines with a combined 88 ships.

Just too large and unwieldy to share

• Carnival Cruise Line. Ships: 23. Carnival Cruise Line. ...
  • Princess Cruises. Ships: 15. Princess Cruises. ...
  • Holland America Line. Ships: 11. Holland America Line. ...
  • Seabourn. Ships: 5. Seabourn. ...
  • Cunard. Ships: 3. Cunard. ...
  • AIDA. Ships: 13. AIDA Cruises. ...
  • Costa Cruises. Ships: 12. Costa. ...
  • P&O Cruises (UK) Ships: 6. P&O Cruises (UK)

and I think this list might be outdated already so there are even more ships......

Edited by chamima

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Combining benefits across Cruise Lines depletes them for everyone.

I don't think they are combining them as in a cruise on one line counts for loyalty on every line. But instead honoring the highest loyalty level you have on one of their lines when you sail on others. At least that's how I read the announcement.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BamaVol said:

MSC goes even further.  They will match status with other lines they don’t own.  Even hotel status. I got top tier with MSC to match my Hilton Diamond status.

But only for a period of 2 years......if you don't sail within those 2 years, you lose the status, and they match it only once. Virgin also has a status match program, although the current benefits are not as good as those that they initially offered.Thankfully, those of us who signed-up in the early phase have been grandfathered in and get the original set of perks.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club#status-match

• Like 1

As a Celebrity/RCI cruiser I can explain the changes to the loyalty program announced yesterday.  The RCI group added Silversea brand to the status match program.  Previously the luxury line in the brand was Azamara, but that partnership ended a couple of years ago.  As to the matching tiers, the change now allows matching across all levels.  Previously the status match ended at the Elite/Diamond level.  There are 2 levels above that (Elite Plus, Zenith on Celebrity and Diamond Plus, Pinnacle on RCI) that previously had to be reached independently on each line.

What I like about the status match is having started on RCCL it made it easier to “graduate” to Celebrity.

• Thanks 1