75% off Sale Question

I've only sailed Celebrity once about 12 years ago. If we book the 75% off 2nd person sale with up to $200 room credit, what would be the credit for an ocean view vs a balcony cabin. Thanks!

36 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

There’s no obc in the current offer 

No, we would wait until it came back. We're in no rush to book.

40 minutes ago, dgc2861 said:

No, we would wait until it came back. We're in no rush to book.

OBC stopped being offered last fall I think, with the exception of on board bookings.   No indication it is coming.

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

OBC stopped being offered last fall I think, with the exception of on board bookings.   No indication it is coming.

Its been offered off an on for the last 3 months since we been considering Celebrity. 75% off 2nd passenger and up to $200 stateroom credit. Was just wondering what the different amounts would be based on the type of room.

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.f289603da9528b743e4949ae85aa9c23.png

If you go along the top of the main Celebrity page there is a "tab" for offers.  If you find the offer there it will include the T&C's

Edited by wrk2cruise

Posted (edited)

More times than not, regardless of “the sale”, the price you pay comes out just about the same.  The days of $800-1000 OBC are long gone.  And sadly, with them…. included gratuities.  It’s not unusual for the price to increase/fluctuate slightly to cover any offered Celebrity OBC.  Most OBC these days comes from the TAs.

Edited by 81Zoomie
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

More times than not, regardless of “the sale”, the price you pay comes out just about the same.  The days of $800-1000 OBC are long gone.  And sadly, with them…. included gratuities.  It’s not unusual for the price to increase/fluctuate slightly to cover any offered Celebrity OBC.  Most OBC these days comes from the TAs.

Agree, it just fluctuates to cover any OBC. No OBC usually means the initial cruise cost is slightly less.

14 hours ago, dgc2861 said:

I've only sailed Celebrity once about 12 years ago. If we book the 75% off 2nd person sale with up to $200 room credit, what would be the credit for an ocean view vs a balcony cabin. Thanks!

Generally these days, they don’t offer OBC with new bookings.  Once on the ship though, if you purchase FCC with $100 deposit pp, you’ll get OBC for the future sailing with the amount depending on the length of your cruise.

While Celebrity does offer sales from time to time, I notice that the actual price increases, so the sail is meaningless.  If you want a good rate, attach yourself to a good travel agent who can get you a group rate discount.  Enjoy

8 hours ago, villauk said:

Agree, it just fluctuates to cover any OBC. No OBC usually means the initial cruise cost is slightly less.

ah hah! Tricky of them. Yes, my best friend is sailing the ABC's with them this week. She got a ton of OBC. Enough to pay for a couple of excursions. She booked a year ago. I'll keep watching.

Thanks everyone for the explanations.

there hasnt been OBC offered for awhile. the Savings amount you see is just that , Save $!00/200 per Cabin does nor relate to OBC. 

The OBC your friend has might be from a Future Cruise Booking she did while on a Cruise or thru a Travel Agency.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, dgc2861 said:

I think you may possibly be reading the promo page too quickly.  The promo that they've been running for quite a while now is 75% off the second passenger and up to $200 (or $150... keeps flip-flopping) off per cabin.  Are you reading "OBC" when it actually says "OFF" instead?

Edited by Vagabond Knight
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

I think you may possibly be reading the promo page too quickly.  The promo that they've been running for quite a while now is 75% off the second passenger and up to $200 (or $150... keeps flip-flopping) off per cabin.  Are you reading "OBC" when it actually says "OFF" instead?

That could be it....I see it is back today. I'll ask my travel agent about exactly what it is.