Beautiful day on Ocean Cay today!

eroller

Enjoyed another beautiful day on this paradise.  It’s a top pick of cruise line private islands due to its unspoiled nature.  So thankful MSC didn’t turn it into an amusement park.  

IMG_0046.jpeg

IMG_0047.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0084.jpeg

• Like 10

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Beautiful! Thank you! We were there in March, but could not dock due to high winds and seas. You had much better luck. 

Sorry you could not dock, does happen, we have been there several times and have always been able to dock, hopefully next time for you. 

22 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

If I am not mistaken, I think this photo is the lagoon area that was (or will be) transformed into the new Family Area ?

IMG_0084.thumb.jpeg.9735cb06bc3f70947dd207a42f724515.jpg

Nope.  This is actually Paradise Sands at the far end of the island.  One of my favorite spots.  Never crowded and mostly adult as it’s next to the spa and no lifeguard.  Open ocean.  See map with red arrow.  

IMG_0100.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eroller said:

Nope.  This is actually Paradise Sands at the far end of the island.  One of my favorite spots.  Never crowded and mostly adult as it’s next to the spa and no lifeguard.  Open ocean.  See map with red arrow.  

IMG_0100.jpeg

I guess what fooled me was the ship in the background of the photo. Could it be the beach above the top pink X ?

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I guess what fooled me was the ship in the background of the photo. Could it be the beach above the top pink X ?

Nope. It’s Paradise Sands.  Was just there yesterday and know the exact spot I took the pic.  You can see the rock Jettys on both sides of the inlet leading to Ocean Cay Lagoon.  

2 hours ago, eroller said:

Could it be the beach above the top pink X that is slated to become the new Family beach area ? 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Could it be the beach above the top pink X that is slated to become the new Family beach area ? 

The new family beach is called Seakers Cove. Marked with a red arrow.  Very protected lagoon essentially.  

IMG_0103.jpeg

Edited by eroller
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I'm surprised they didn't add a berth for a second ship. With MSC growing as fast as they are and with there only being 7 days in a week, seems like they need more slots there.

So glad they didn’t.  Don’t want it to become the people soup that CocoCay is when two mega ships are docked there.  Not fun.  MSC has a very different philosophy with Ocean Cay.  It’s a nature preserve so they seem intent on keeping it less crowded and more unspoiled.  

• Like 6

14 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I'm surprised they didn't add a berth for a second ship. With MSC growing as fast as they are and with there only being 7 days in a week, seems like they need more slots there.

No way they can add a second ship.  They can't even manage the crowds now with a single ship.  Their transportation, bar service and food service are severely bottlenecked as is.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, eroller said:

The new family beach is called Seakers Cove. Marked with a red arrow.  Very protected lagoon essentially.  

IMG_0103.jpeg

Isn't this were the Crew Beach was?  Does the crew not get a beach now?

13 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

If you look closely, the Crew Cove is the area to the north (left on this map) of the new Seekers Family Cove. Same place it has always been.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, michelle028 said:

Which is the best beach with the clearest water close to ship? ie no rocks

Lighthouse Beach right next to the ship is very clear water with no rocks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GPPhilly said:

This was the crew beach yes.  They still have a beach, just smaller and close by (see the map I posted).  To be honest the original crew beach (which is now the family beach) was way too big.  I never saw more than maybe 20-30 crew hanging out.  They also have an indoor facility near the wedding gazebo.  

1 hour ago, eroller said:

This was the crew beach yes.  They still have a beach, just smaller and close by (see the map I posted).  To be honest the original crew beach (which is now the family beach) was way too big.  I never saw more than maybe 20-30 crew hanging out.  They also have an indoor facility near the wedding gazebo.  

The only time I saw it very crowded was just after they started back post Covid and the crew was not allowed off at most ports.  The beach was packed.  

Has anyone received a massage at the spa in ocean cay? I am thinking of surprising my wife and I wonder how to make a reservation. Do we walk up to the check in spa desk and see what times are available or can we talk to someone on the boat? Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

What is the Baha House right below Seakers, listed as a restaurant,...I haven't seen that name in any posts before. 

I think it's Boho House and from what I've seen it has been on the maps prior. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mark C. said:

I think it's Boho House and from what I've seen it has been on the maps prior. 🤷‍♂️

Ok..but WHAT is it? I thought the buffet and the YC restaurant were the only places to eat besides the food trucks. So what is Boho house?

• Like 1