Military Credit - $ Bach or send wife on spree?

Today is last day on Island. We have $100 Military credit on our account . I recall that we used to getthat back as refund if not spent . Has this changed? 

15 minutes ago, CenTexan said:

Today is last day on Island. We have $100 Military credit on our account . I recall that we used to getthat back as refund if not spent . Has this changed? 

You shouldn't get back a bonus OBC. Spend it. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, CenTexan said:

MOBC was made non-refundable several months ago & that was my April experience.

Your folio should first use non-refundable OBC before using any refundable OBC. Your folio should note your refundable & non- refundable OBC.

Use your MOBC or lose it.

Edited by Astro Flyer

5 minutes ago, STLCARDS82 said:

Did Princess have a ceremony for the Military?

Have never seen a ceremony for military on any of the cruises we've been on, but there has always been a daily veterans meeting on the cruises we've been on

2 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Have never seen a ceremony for military on any of the cruises we've been on, but there has always been a daily veterans meeting on the cruises we've been on

That's surprising... a lot of the carnival cruises I've taken they had it in the main showroom and then the last Royal Caribbean cruise  I was on they had it in the Royal promenade even did TAPS which I thought was pretty impressive!!

1 hour ago, STLCARDS82 said:

That's surprising... a lot of the carnival cruises I've taken they had it in the main showroom and then the last Royal Caribbean cruise  I was on they had it in the Royal promenade even did TAPS which I thought was pretty impressive!!

Was this for a special day event like memorial day? I've only been on 2 Carnival cruises but haven't seen anything like that on any of the cruises I've been on. I have thought about requesting to have one of the seats left empty at our table and have a beer placed there, but figured they wouldn't understand. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Carnival is great regarding the Military.  Just about every Carnival cruises we were on have had the military event.  On one cruise the ship had a special TEA SERVICE after the event and they set aside an empty table for 1 for MOA (very touching to see that). As Elite we never had seen any military event on a Princess cruise, it would be nice if they can do something sort like Carnival.

Edited by ChattTenn
  • Like 2

Besides the military & veterans meeting on every cruise, only had one event in the Princess Theater on Veteran’s Day on a transpacific cruise but believe that was due to the CD’s family connection to the military. 🫡

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

Carnival is great regarding the Military.  Just about every Carnival cruises we were on have had the military event.  On one cruise the ship had a special TEA SERVICE after the event and they set aside an empty table for 1 for MOA (very touching to see that). As Elite we never had seen any military event on a Princess cruise, it would be nice if they can do something sort like Carnival.

I don't recall which cruise it was...but on one cruise (either Memorial Day or Veterans Day) the captain had a very nice addition to his daily noon announcement.  Other than that, I cannot recall another special as an "official" event.

(I see that we're from the same neck of the woods...!)

• Like 1

On our April 2023 Round Australia cruise on the Coral Princess, there was a very touching dawn ceremony on ANZAC Day, April 26 (similar to Memorial Day in the US).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Besides the military & veterans meeting on every cruise, only had one event in the Princess Theater on Veteran’s Day on a transpacific cruise but believe that was due to the CD’s family connection to the military. 🫡

On a South Pacific cruise in 2012 (28-day round trip Los Angeles) on the Sapphire Princess, we had a program in the Princess Theater on November 11th (a sea day). The program was a combination for Armistice Day, Veterans Day (United States), and Remembrance Day (Commonwealth). The Captain led the program for a nearly full theater. He asked the veterans of each country to stand up, and we had veterans from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. It was a very moving ceremony - particularly with the participates from the many allied countries.

• Like 3

Has anyone had any luck recently getting the free upgrade to Princess Premium from Princess Plus for military guests lately?  They were doing this for a while, and we took advantage of it, but I haven’t heard about it for over a year. 

16 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Was this for a special day event like memorial day? I've only been on 2 Carnival cruises but haven't seen anything like that on any of the cruises I've been on. I have thought about requesting to have one of the seats left empty at our table and have a beer placed there, but figured they wouldn't understand. 

No, Royal Caribbean that I was on a back to back and they had on both sailings,... as of carnival. I haven't been on since before Covid so they might've changed it, but they used to have it every cruise in the main auditorium. Regarding the beer, I totally understand.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, STLCARDS82 said:

No, Royal Caribbean that I was on a back to back and they had on both sailings,... as of carnival. I haven't been on since before Covid so they might've changed it, but they used to have it every cruise in the main auditorium. Regarding the beer, I totally understand.

AAhh....I was only on 1 RCL cruise and they didn't do it on that one either. I don't know if Carnival gives military OBC now or not, but princess seems to have always taken care of vets. I hear HAL does now also, but princess is still our favorite since Costa doesn't sail out of FL anymore 🤣

Edited by Moondogy
spellcheck
  • Like 1