Onboard credit

Hello all!

I have an onboard credit and pre-paid my unlimited laundry package online via the HAL website by credit card.

Ideally it should have been out of my onboard credit.

Is there a way to correct this? If not no worries the onboard credit after the cruise will be zero 🙂😉 

Thank you so much...

Mike.

You can try to get the charge for the laundry applied to your room account once you get on board, and the pre-paid amount refunded. That has worked for other pre-paid items like excursions. Have not heard about laundry purchasing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingMike said:

I have an onboard credit and pre-paid my unlimited laundry package online via the HAL website by credit card.

Ideally it should have been out of my onboard credit.

Is there a way to correct this? If not no worries the onboard credit after the cruise will be zero 🙂😉 

With HAL, onboard credit (OBC) can't be used until onboard. To use your OBC for laundry, first cancel your pre-paid laundry package and it will be credited back to your charge card. (This is done from My Itinerary.)  Then when you send out your first laundry, select Unlimited and the amount will be deducted from your OBC. There is no discount for pre-purchasing.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

With HAL, onboard credit (OBC) can't be used until onboard. To use your OBC for laundry, first cancel your pre-paid laundry package and it will be credited back to your charge card. (This is done from My Itinerary.)  Then when you send out your first laundry, select Unlimited and the amount will be deducted from your OBC. There is no discount for pre-purchasing.

This is what I was going to recommend. Have never understood why HAL will not let you use OBC pre-cruise like some other lines do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

This is what I was going to recommend. Have never understood why HAL will not let you use OBC pre-cruise like some other lines do.

Probably because a lot of people in the OP's position would simply use the OBC on board as well as keeping whatever they purchased with their credit card beforehand, thus increasing HAL's profits. As this thread shows, there are ways to get around it, but I suspect that most people either don't know how to do so, or couldn't be bothered.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Probably because a lot of people in the OP's position would simply use the OBC on board as well as keeping whatever they purchased with their credit card beforehand, thus increasing HAL's profits. As this thread shows, there are ways to get around it, but I suspect that most people either don't know how to do so, or couldn't be bothered.

Before Celebrity took away large OBC for booking suites and Aqua Class, we used those credits pre-cruise for shore excursions and specialty restaurant reservations.

We have $1000 in OBC for shore excursions with Oceania for next March's cruise that we can use pre-cruise to book tours.

Edited by terrydtx

4 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

first cancel your pre-paid laundry package and it will be credited back to your charge card. (This is done from My Itinerary.)  Then when you send out your first laundry, select Unlimited and the amount will be deducted from your OBC. There is no discount for pre-purchasing.

THIS^^^

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 7:32 AM, Cruise Suzy said:

Exactly THIS ⬆️