TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

For our post cruise night in Venice, B's Hyatt credit card/friends & family rate combo strikes again. We've booked the Hyatt Centric Murano Venezia... it's an old converted Murano glass factory!

Hyatt Centric Murano Venice - Updated 2024 Prices & Hotel Reviews (Italy -  Province of Venice)

Hotel in Murano, Venice, Italy | Hyatt Centric Murano Venice

Hyatt Centrics are very cool properties in that they're in the "center" (get it?) of the destination and are usually a bit quirky and have local touches. We (well, I... B got a big time cold and felt like garbage) loved the Centric in Miami after our Celebration NYE cruise. Looking forward to this. 

• Like 22

6 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Did you find out if 🦬 Trace is available on the basic drink package on NCL?  Or will you need to substitute something else?

DH had Buffalo Trace on the Gem last week with the standard drink package.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

You just put a great big smile on Paul's face.  He can have a trace with zero in one hand and a beer in the other since NCL allows ordering two at a time.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Did you find out if 🦬 Trace is available on the basic drink package on NCL?  Or will you need to substitute something else?

Oh definitely. Had quite a bit on the Sun in March. The standard beverage package is more than good enough for me. I miss the water, energy drinks, and specialty coffees, but the price is right and I don't mind buying those individually as I need 'em. 

790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Great point, but it's kind of jammed up for us. The smaller two ships, Discovery and Wind Spirit, sail at 9p. We sail at 10p, but unfortunately so does Norwegian Epic and all 4,000 of her pax....

😬

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stratford1950 said:

A word of advice on Santorini. The island can handle one large cruise ship well, maybe 2. If you look around and see 3 or more consider your options. One, just go ashore and walk around do not wait in line for more than 90 minutes for a cable car up to the next level…or two stay on board and enjoy a sea day. Do not attempt to walk up and getting on a donkey would be one of the worst choice you’d ever make.

Good luck🧐

I have to disagree about the donkey comment. It is a great way to the top. 

• Like 2

B just made a good point - we already have our Air France boarding passes. That’s a great start. Last year if anyone recalls, British Airways was a cluster and B couldn’t get her pass without going to a BA gate (it was codeshare with American but American couldn’t help us), which didn’t open for a while. So while I was sucking down margs in the lounge, she was fighting with BA customer service. 

so, so far so good! 🇫🇷 

• Like 20
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I have to disagree about the donkey comment. It is a great way to the top. 

Let me put this another way…if you want to be scared senseless by an animal that wants to get somewhere fast and leans over the edge close to falling…then by all means rent the donkey🤦‍♂️

• Haha 13

Posted (edited)

Okay so here's a strange one... We get the whole "150 free minutes" each of internet with FAS, so we go to do the $200 upgrade to unlimited. I do it, no problem. @HelloItsMeB goes to do it... Unavailable. Can't do it because I did? So we have to pay $300 onboard for her to have unlimited wifi? That seems.... not right? Am i missing something???

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay so here's a strange one... We get the whole "150 free minutes" each of internet with FAS, so we go to do the $200 upgrade to unlimited. I do it, no problem. @HelloItsMeB goes to do it... Unavailable. Can't do it because I did? So we have to pay $300 onboard for her to have unlimited wifi? That seems.... not right? Am i missing something???

Pick up the phone and  call

• Like 1

Just now, TxTeach79 said:

wanted to ask here first because there’s a solid chance the info is more reliable. 

They will run the purchase for you. Not a big deal.  The computer system, as we all know, is squirrelly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zqvol said:

They will run the purchase for you. Not a big deal.  The computer system, as we all know, is squirrelly. 

Ain’t that the truth. Talking to someone now

• Like 1

"the website may not be letting you add it because it's 3 days til sailing".... The website literally says we can add things til June 12. Anyway, have to call the Friends & Family desk tomorrow morning to see if they can add it for us, they closed at 5:30 EST. So I guess we'll see. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

We only paid for one package. I logged off and he logged on. It was for 2 devices.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

We only paid for one package. I logged off and he logged on. It was for 2 devices.

We could probably get away with that. But we’d rather not. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

3 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

3 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

You just put a great big smile on Paul's face.  He can have a trace with zero in one hand and a beer in the other since NCL allows ordering two at a time.

30 is the new 15       😁 🏴‍☠️

• Haha 9

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

For our post cruise night in Venice, B's Hyatt credit card/friends & family rate combo strikes again. We've booked the Hyatt Centric Murano Venezia... it's an old converted Murano glass factory!

Hyatt Centric Murano Venice - Updated 2024 Prices & Hotel Reviews (Italy -  Province of Venice)

Hyatt Centrics are very cool properties in that they're in the "center" (get it?) of the destination and are usually a bit quirky and have local touches. We (well, I... B got a big time cold and felt like garbage) loved the Centric in Miami after our Celebration NYE cruise. Looking forward to this. 

Cool!

I've got a thing for Murano type glass vases. I drop some of those rechargeable puck lights into the vase and decorate my Bar space for the weekend nights. Chicks dig them! Plus at my age I look better by candlelight glow! 🍷 The one on the middle shelve to the right comes from a well-known artist from Murano named Carlo Moretti, Apparently your Hotel is a 10 minute walk away from his shop. In fact, I stole the idea from a picture on his website below

image.thumb.jpeg.bae38cb94572d628fcd75783ec84dcb5.jpeg

https://shop.carlomoretti.com/en/products?ptag=Vases&p=2

https://shop.carlomoretti.com/en/products?ptag=Vases&p=2

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 9
  • Haha 5