TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

World of difference between Venice and Murano.  It's like Texas, think of Venice as Dallas Uptown, Murano as Fort Stockton.

I meant to attach that post to the pic of the trashy courtyard in Murano.  It probably made no sense attached to the pics of the hotel.

9 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So the Hotel Colombina, pictured, is my “go to” hotel in Venice. 

Nice choice, central to walking everywhere.  I also always choose a hotel that is ~5 minute walk to both Ponte Rialto and Piazza San Marco.  Did you know the Jewish "Ghetto" was invented by the Venetians in the 1500s?  That's why "ghetto" sounds Italian (not German).  You can still see the iron gates and holes in the building walls, where Jews were locked into the ghetto at night "to protect them."

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This hotel is very nice, and the room is very large for this part of the world, but it’s got central AC. Tough deduction there. It’s completely comfortable, but I like that white noise AC that really hums…. Luckily I’m tired enough tonight it shouldn’t be an issue

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Canadian billionaire owns this one 

IMG_4963.thumb.jpeg.a1cd5791b4089d84ff7ffcc715ccaa50.jpeg

Wish he was a friend of mine! Serge Godin, founder of CGI Group, headquarters in Montreal. Net worth $1.6 billion US. 😆

• Like 5

Hope everything goes smoothly and stress-free with your travel plans tomorrow! For some reason, we've always had "hiccups" getting home from Europe. 🫤 LOADS of thanks for the marvelous cruise report. You've shown me a few places I'm anxious to visit now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have really enjoyed this live report. Thanks for taking the time to share this trip. It made me want to go to Dubrovnik, but skip Santorini. Have an easy, uneventful trip home. 

• Like 4

AWESOME review as always @TxTeach79 I am in awe as to how you post so much during your cruises. 👏👏👏. I get too preoccupied to post as much as you do during LIVEs. 🥂 to you both.

Thanks for taking us along on this amazing journey. We are on the Epic Greek Island cruise in October and I am dreading taking the Santorini poo-path down! I know there will be lines for the gondola because we want to enjoy an early sunset drink at the PK Cocktail Bar. How long did it take you to walk down? 

Safe travels home. Thanks again. 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Paul & B for an awesome review. Patti and I enjoyed every second of it and look forward to the next one! Have a safe and  non stressful journey home tomorrow! 😎

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Aww .. I'm going to miss your fabulous daily updates 🥺 It was soooo much funnnn!!  When can we tag along again?  When's "our" next adventure on the high seas?  😃 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sad that the end is near for this review. It was a lot of fun, got to laugh a lot and got to ooh and ahh a lot over some really beautiful places. And thanks for not being stingy with the food pics😁

Really hope that by the time I get up very early tomorrow you and B will be up in the air already on your second flight and partway home🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1