Le Petit Chef for 2 year old?

We have a two year old in our group, and I am wondering if we book Le Petit Chef, do we have to pay full price for her? This is our first Celebrity cruise, and in the past, other cruise line's uncharge restaurant has free / MDR kids menu available, but I am not sure how it works in Le Petit Chef.

I would think you would pay full price as I  have not seen a child's price for this venue. I also would not suggest it. Even though its animation it will not keep a 2 yr old entertained.

• Like 6

The courses are timed with the animation.  Therefore the dinner moves at a set pace, no opportunity to rush a course or delay a course to calm a cranky child. 

Posted (edited)

I'm assuming the 2 y/o wouldn't eat one of the featured entrees so not sure what they would charge for...but as others have pointed out, LPC for a 2 y/o is not a good idea.  Best to call Celebrity and ask or reach out to your TA.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

Posted (edited)

We took our 2 years and 10 month old last year and she loved it! She stayed in her seat and gave full attention to the show🥰 She is a frequent restaurant diner! The price is clearly displayed on the app if you make a mock booking.Her 2 older siblings

were only about $6 or $8 and she might even have been free.

Sorry - correction to the above. It’s on the Celebrity website that you can make a reservation. 

Edited by sheeng
Adding detail.

4 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

We have a two year old in our group, and I am wondering if we book Le Petit Chef, do we have to pay full price for her? This is our first Celebrity cruise, and in the past, other cruise line's uncharge restaurant has free / MDR kids menu available, but I am not sure how it works in Le Petit Chef.

I believe that a 2 yo would love it, wheter they charge or not, I would recommend.  Bring along some snack that you know they will like, just like we used if we went to arestaurant with our kids if we thought the menu might not totally appeal to them.  The animation is so fun and family themed.

2 hours ago, sheeng said:

We took our 2 years and 10 month old last year and she loved it! She stayed in her seat and gave full attention to the show🥰 She is a frequent restaurant diner! The price is clearly displayed on the app if you make a mock booking.Her 2 older siblings

were only about $6 or $8 and she might even have been free.

Sorry - correction to the above. It’s on the Celebrity website that you can make a reservation. 

Huh..great info!  Thanks!  

Some children can sit for 90 mins and be quiet and some can't.  As this is an additional charge restaurant just be aware that those around you won't want to pay for the dinner show if they can't be quiet. This applies to children of all ages not just those that are 2.  Actually may be better than some that are 5 - 10.  

32 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, but is it geared toward a 2 y/o… Genuinely asking?  

The show or the food?  If it's the show, it doesn't matter---they'll be enthralled by the visuals, the colors, the accents, and could care less about the story.

Our 5 year old twins have done LPC 4 times since they were 9 months old - they love it every time. Its like having an giant IPAD on the table. We actually try to skip it every cruise but they keep wanting to go back, we just celebrated their 5th birthday at LPC on the Ascent in March. We order off the kids menu for them and they bring it out with the first or second course. It'll be free for your 2 year old - its free for all kids under 6 i believe and then its $10 up to age 12. They may charge you full fare if you book it online ahead of time (this happens 50% of the time for us) but you go to customer service on board and they'll refund you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took ours at 2 and she had ZERO interest. She just watched a Disney movie on her own iPad. We took her again at 4 and she enjoyed it more, but her interest waned about halfway through. They have a kids menu and do not charge full price. I wouldn't bother doing it again with her unless she wants to. Food is just okay and it's not worth the money, in my opinion.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stricks08 said:

Our 5 year old twins have done LPC 4 times since they were 9 months old - they love it every time. Its like having an giant IPAD on the table. We actually try to skip it every cruise but they keep wanting to go back, we just celebrated their 5th birthday at LPC on the Ascent in March. We order off the kids menu for them and they bring it out with the first or second course. It'll be free for your 2 year old - its free for all kids under 6 i believe and then its $10 up to age 12. They may charge you full fare if you book it online ahead of time (this happens 50% of the time for us) but you go to customer service on board and they'll refund you. 

Thank you! This is very helpful.

I did a mock up booking, and indeed the 2 year old shows $0 in online reservation. My 7 year old and 12 year old shows slightly discounted (with Celebrity's "sale", adult is 5% off and children 8% off), but apparently they do have the mindset of children fare in their system.

I will book them and have it adjusted once I am on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkkao924 said:

Thank you! This is very helpful.

I did a mock up booking, and indeed the 2 year old shows $0 in online reservation. My 7 year old and 12 year old shows slightly discounted (with Celebrity's "sale", adult is 5% off and children 8% off), but apparently they do have the mindset of children fare in their system.

I will book them and have it adjusted once I am on board.

Awesome, have a great time!!