Enchanted Princess review, June 1 2024 Western Caribbean, with food pics, dailies and more

Thanks for a great review. I’m booked on Enchanted 9/14 from Red Hook, NY. Haven’t been on Princess in a very long time but I cruise solo now only from NY area and the ship and itinerary interested me.I’ve been cruising CCL for so long and I’m a bit nervous! A few questions:someone mentioned about serving of multiple entrees. How many appetizers and entrees are you allowed at one meal? Is there a free pizza place? Is international cafe an additional charge? The MDR dinner menus are in the app in the mornings? Do they serve similar foods at the dinner buffet as in the MDR? TIA and happy cruising! 

23 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

How many appetizers and entrees are you allowed at one meal?

as many as you want!!!!

Yes, the free pizza is on the lido deck, across the deck from the buffet. It's pretty good!

Yes, the MDR dinner menu appears in the app in the morning, and apparently on the TV as well. And they put up a paper menu by the entrance to the MDRs as well.

The food at the Intl Cafe is free, but if you want a fancy coffee or tea at the coffee place next to it, there is a charge for that. You should try the divine egg muffins in the morning (egg/cheese/mushrooms, egg/ham and egg/cheese/broccoli). Not to be confused with Egg McMuffins which they also have at IC and will toast them for you. They are also very good.

I wouldn't say that the menu at the buffet during dinner is close to MDR dinner. Not at all, I would say. We always eat at MDR and then stop by the buffet to see if they have anything super interesting (and it has to be super-duper interesting, since we are usually super stuffed after MDR dinner). However, we always make room for the nutella crepes. They used to have them at the buffet every night, and now it's like 3 nights out of 7. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2024 at 1:44 PM, BamaVol said:

My 45 year old son-in-law doesn’t eat pork, seafood or bread in any form whatsoever. No pizza, no hamburger buns, no sandwiches or subs, no pasta.  Nothing fried.  Nothing breaded. Beef, poultry and vegetables. He has a degree in nutrition and exercise science.  I should probably be following his regimen.

I just read a funny quote:  "The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons really makes me question this eating healthy & exercise thing."  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Senga said:

I just read a funny quote:  "The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons really makes me question this eating healthy & exercise thing."  😂

Whoever said that is my spirit animal!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:
13 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

How many appetizers and entrees are you allowed at one meal?

as many as you want!!!!

Except for the lobster tail. $10 each for extras. 

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Except for the lobster tail. $10 each for extras. 

You can be sure I’d order 2 lobster tails so thats good to know!  Thanks. On CCL you can order unlimited apps and dessert but 2 entrees, any more than 2 there’s a charge. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Senga said:

My friend sent me this last week. My response was as always; I eat a big juicy cheeseburger with a side of fries and onion rings washed down with a few mugs of frosty beer. Apple pie and ice cream for dessert. You have a plain chicken breast with a side of steamed broccoli and undressed salad washed down with a bottle of vitamin water. After our meal we both get run over by a bus. Who you think is going to heaven happier?!?! NO OFFENCE to anyone. Live and let live. You do you! 👍🤗

• Haha 3

@Itchy&Scratchy Thanks for your thread.  We have loved the beef quality and meal options on our last two Princess cruises out of Southampton and one out of Greece.  I have to say the choices you had leave me underwhelmed; especially the BEANS!  My husband is normally a seafood fanatic but even he switched to beef on our recent cruises.  I can see us at the buffet on our March Caribbean cruises.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

You can be sure I’d order 2 lobster tails so thats good to know!  Thanks. On CCL you can order unlimited apps and dessert but 2 entrees, any more than 2 there’s a charge. 

I actually substitute an additional couple of shrimp or second piece of filet in place of the lobster tail, since they're not all that great. 

If you were at my table you could have mine at no extra charge. 

53 minutes ago, 555 said:

I actually substitute an additional couple of shrimp or second piece of filet in place of the lobster tail, since they're not all that great. 

If you were at my table you could have mine at no extra charge. 

Sounds like a plan! 👏 Whats your schedule like lol. I know-my last few cruises on CCL the lobster wasn’t all that great but it’s on my “I don’t have to shop for it, cook it and clean up after” list so I always order it.😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Sounds like a plan! 👏 Whats your schedule like lol. I know-my last few cruises on CCL the lobster wasn’t all that great but it’s on my “I don’t have to shop for it, cook it and clean up after” list so I always order it.😊

We're looking at the Enchanted for possible Feb trip.

2/8/25 to 2/28/25

btw- My wife doesn't eat their lobster either. 

my hubs doesn't eat the lobster either, but I do because the only time I get to eat a lobster is on a cruise.

Now, on MSC we had to pay for additional entrees of any kind (not just lobster), so I skipped the lobster and had something else.

• 1 month later...

Cruisin Karen, what you stated sounded exactly what I tell some people when we are out eating, as I watched a Golden Girls show on TV years ago. It had so much to do with eating or not eating, especially if it was going to be your LAST meal!

9 minutes ago, beshears said:

Cruisin Karen, what you stated sounded exactly what I tell some people when we are out eating, as I watched a Golden Girls show on TV years ago. It had so much to do with eating or not eating, especially if it was going to be your LAST meal!

Karen won't see your post unless you either quote hers, or put an @ sign in front of her name like this: @Cruisin Karen

1 minute ago, beshears said:

Itchy&Scratchy, thank you for letting me know. This must be something new of posting everything, or putting an @ in front of their name.

Itchy&Scratchy won’t see this either… for the same reason. 😊

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I actually did see the replies. I think because I’m following the thread?!? 

yes, and it's because I am following my own thread as well. 🙂 But, of course, if we weren't following it, we wouldn't see the responses. 

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1