Odyssey Music Hall Rock Bands

Have sailed Anthem, and Oasis twice in recent years, and all had a rock band playing in Music Hall.  I will be sailing Odyssey this year but have not seen a rock band mentioned or in daily.  Does anyone know if they are bringing rock bands on and who or what?  The ship orchestra does not count as I saw that listed for music hall.  Thanks

5 minutes ago, Rfemle said:

Have sailed Anthem, and Oasis twice in recent years, and all had a rock band playing in Music Hall.  I will be sailing Odyssey this year but have not seen a rock band mentioned or in daily.  Does anyone know if they are bringing rock bands on and who or what?  The ship orchestra does not count as I saw that listed for music hall.  Thanks

They stopped bringing tribune bands to the Music Hall to O and Q class ships over a year ago in a cost cutting move.

• Like 2

Dang, I had a feeling, thanks.  It was in 22 when I was on Oasis.  I have been missing a rock band on my recent MSC cruises and was praying Odyssey, since it has music hall would have one.  Now it seems NCL is the closest to one with Syd Normans.  Wanted to go on Prima but dates did not line up, so we are doing Odyssey, which we loved Anthem previously.  On Anthem was a Bon jovi tribute band and on Oasis was a Billy Idol Tribute band.  Price goes up and you get less for that.  Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rfemle said:

Does anyone know if they are bringing rock bands on and who or what?

The app lists a band called The Dukes Live! in the Music Hall - not rock but dance music.

2 hours ago, mets123 said:

They stopped bringing tribune bands to the Music Hall to O and Q class ships over a year ago in a cost cutting move.

Yep and it totally stinks. Pretty ridiculous with the fare increases Royal has implemented. 

• Like 1

Like you said the dukes dance cover. Will give a listen but probably not same as live rock band. Will have to give RCCL some feedback. 

There was a fantastic band Iconic a foursome from Jamaica on Anthem.  The lead singer had a wonderful voice. They covered various decades of music and one was dedicated to Michael Jackson. 
Plenty of folks danced away. 

I was wondering about this.  My last cruise on Quantum was the first time I didn't see a tribute band on this class.  Unfortunately, the cover band had an awful lead singer.