Was It A Rumor - Sun Princess Dining Changes??

31 minutes ago, cruisedoctor said:

Ye who have been troubled rejoice, for word has come down from on high:  

So let it be written…So let it be done.  Mere mortals shall no longer tread the walkways parting the new Sanctuary Dining Room.  To that end, the two aft exits to the Wake View Terrace shall be closed off for further passage.  Likewise, the two aft observation elevators, shall only run between Decks 9 to Deck 18 .  Citizens wishing to frolic on the Wake View Terrace, may do so, via the staircases located at the back of Deck 9.

This shall become law, with the opening of the new Sanctuary Dining Room.

Thanks for sharing so much great info during your cruise! 

Now they just need to figure out how to give us a view from the Sanctuary restaurant!

Just now, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

You can still walk around the exterior of the deck. 

Screenshot_20241006_114751_Edge.thumb.jpg.7c722c08435d09333559baf7d16a678e.jpg

No, you can't.  The deck is blocked with "Crew Only" signs at the first lifeboats. 

7 minutes ago, bstrauss3 said:

No, you can't.  The deck is blocked with "Crew Only" signs at the first lifeboats. 

Ah, I stand corrected then. 

I had read a couple other people say you could and the deck map seemed to confirm, but I haven't been on there to confirm. 

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one side opens up for that. 

The could be correct about the exterior walkways.

The deck plan I am looking at shows the area along the lifeboats in white, not shaded as public areas.  That could really be throwing me off.  that and the mention that those 'wishing to frolic on the Wake View Terrace' may do so via the staircases to/from deck 9.

This would solve the whole issue, if they can somewhat obscure those side windows.

I could see some light filtering shades/blinds. drapes, etc.  

And, given the woefully inadequate seating in the Dome and the Arena, it will have to be seen whether this space can handle the number of Suite and Sanctuary Guests.

• Like 1

If individuals in walkers and power chairs can't access the area, the restrictions not going to happen. Heck, my knees don't appreciate the stairs like they used to and I'm just going to ignore a little rope.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

The deck plan I am looking at shows the area along the lifeboats in white, not shaded as public areas.  That could really be throwing me off.  that and the mention that those 'wishing to frolic on the Wake View Terrace' may do so via the staircases to/from deck 9.

This would solve the whole issue, if they can somewhat obscure those side windows.

And, given the woefully inadequate seating in the Dome and the Arena, it will have to be seen whether this space can handle the number of Suite and Sanctuary Guests.

Yeah, it sounds like I was wrong but too much time has passed for me to edit 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully they will open up at least one side for people with mobility issues. 

1 minute ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Yeah, it sounds like I was wrong but too much time has passed for me to edit 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully they will open up at least one side for people with mobility issues. 

Not a great experience for those with those light blue accessible cabins next to the scenic elevators though

image.png.7ec16f0c9344452c51dc4684efd7d329.png

• Like 1

When I got the word from “on high”, I got so excited that management actually heard our concerns and acted upon them, that it didn’t dawn on me about how the physically challenged would get down to the Wake View Terrace.  Obviously, neither did they!  The easy answer is to keep the aft doors from the Wake View Terrace to the Sanctuary Dining Room locked, and to keep those aft elevators still operational down to Deck 8 (instead of Deck 9 being the lowest).

As for getting better “views” for the Sanctuary Dining Room guests.  Princess could always install video screens over the current windows, and broadcast realtime video of the outdoors.  Similar to what Royal Caribbean does for some of the interior staterooms on their newer ships (i.e., virtual balconies).  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BURNSMN said:

Despite all the issues we have had a wonderful time on the Sun.

The will be a great ship to be on in the Caribbean.

I'm hopeful. It can't be all bad.

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

There are discrepancies in the deck plans. It depends where you are seeing the deck plan.  Some versions of the plan show the area along the lifeboats in white, indicating that area is not public.  Others, like the one above, show it shaded, indicating it would be a walkway outside of the new Signature Dining Room.  My guess is this is the correct version.

9 hours ago, 555 said:

I am trying to keep an open mind but the more I read about the dysfunctional designs of the Sun, the more I wished I had booked a proven design of the Royal class ships. 

Reserving SD restaurants seems almost non existent. 😒

Pirate show now cancelled, permanently. 😒

Lack of space allotted to game shows/dancing. 😒

Wait times for existing shows can be hours. 😒

It’s just like the movie reviews that I always read but then usually have my own review that isn’t always in agreement. I’m going in with an open mind, a ton of excitement, and ready to try all of the dairy free food that I can handle. 😊😊😊.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, downtheback said:

Does anyone have any updates on how the American Diner functions in the back section of the eatery? Is it open mid-morning and mid-afternoon whilst the eatery switches over? Is it served at the table with waiters, or at the buffet stations? Any info much appreciated.

Today we are in Princess Cays and the patter and guest services stated that only the Eatery is open for breakfast along with the IC.
(Sanctuary for those booked) 

Americana Diner is listed as a 5pm opening. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Today we are in Princess Cays and the patter and guest services stated that only the Eatery is open for breakfast along with the IC.
(Sanctuary for those booked) 

Americana Diner is listed as a 5pm opening. 

@Jadn13 - A little off topic but could you check if the only way to get shade on Princess Cays is to rent an umbrella from Princess (@ $35 !!!!).

This would be new since the last time we've been there.

Princess Cays day used to be a lovely day with no extra charges but if this is true they've taken that possibility away for us.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, chamima said:

@Jadn13 - A little off topic but could you check if the only way to get shade on Princess Cays is to rent an umbrella from Princess (@ $35 !!!!).

This would be new since the last time we've been there.

Princess Cays day used to be a lovely day with no extra charges but if this is true they've taken that possibility away for us.

Thanks!

I’ll try to see what I can find out. Our weather isn’t ideal today (20 mph winds) so we most likely will be staying on the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1