The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 15th, 2024

38 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Would love to know your magic potion for the moles. Miserable creatures along with the miserable deer! And the Seattle area never did see any rain. I finally gave up and watered the flowers.

Not moles, but a neighbor who was deeply into agriculture professionally (a grower) used his propane and oxygen set up to fix our next door neighbors gopher problem. We all gathered around and watched him fill a hole, then ignite it: the affected sections of their sod shot up into the air some 8 feet, then landed where they had been. It was almost like it hadn’t happened. We named him “The Gophernator”.

https://rodentblaster.com

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Would love to know your magic potion for the moles. Miserable creatures along with the miserable deer! And the Seattle area never did see any rain. I finally gave up and watered the flowers.

I’ve had a lot of success with this. IMG_4536.webp.36774be4c317235ac6c097626ffb9e03.webp

A tip I got was to cut them in half or even quarters. Whole worms aren’t necessary. 
And it’s still raining here 😞 in the convergent zone. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear this Terri.

Most people pass on COVID not knowing they have it.

Someone in Pauline's office 4 weeks ago was coughing a lot and Pauline and I tested positive a few days later and we were very poorly and stopped at home for 8 days.

Pauline's friend had a very mild COVID 2 months ago.

I pray you are feeling a lot better quickly.

Thank you Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, erewhon said:

We have been to Ketchikan twice on the beautiful Volendam, thanks for all the photos, brings back good memories.

It's a lovely sunny winter day temperature10 C

@rafinmd Roy, thanks for the update, you had quite a stressful day.   Was the wound site left covered with that dressing when  you were discharged home?

@0106  Congratulations to your parents on their 65th Anniversary.

Time to go for a walk.

Yes it was.  I changed it yesterday to a traditional large band aid which will be replaced daily for a few days until it is fully healed.

Roy

• Like 3