Anytime dining?

mattR

Anytime dining is still available on the Royal right now correct?  Hoping to set up a standing reservation for two tables of six however if they can't accommodate that was wondering how anytime dining works for 12 people.   Can we send one person to the dining room to request two tables of 6 and then that person message the rest of the group with the wait time?

Anytime dining will be available in the new program also.  I kind of view this dining change for later on this year as what is old is new again.  This is basically the old dining system, Trad. and Anytime, but leveraging the app to do self-directed reservations.

If it were me I'd just set up a standing reservation in the app and call it good.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mattR said:

Anytime dining is still available on the Royal right now correct?  Hoping to set up a standing reservation for two tables of six however if they can't accommodate that was wondering how anytime dining works for 12 people.   Can we send one person to the dining room to request two tables of 6 and then that person message the rest of the group with the wait time?

Right now?  As in, before the change Sep 14 or Sep 1?

Right now, it’s called DMW, dine my way.  You reserve a time in your MDR or you can just show up at your preferred time.

If you’re early or late dining, not a problem.  But, prime time you may have a wait time for 12 people.

The nice part of DMW, is if you want to work around excursions or shows, you can book different times each night.

If you don’t want to reserve, I would show up the first night and ask the host, what they would suggest for your group.  

All show up together the first night and book a time that night.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

they really want all the group to be there at once....not wanting to hold table or two for people to show up.

I  would talk to the hostess/host on the first night and request two tables of 6 beside each other...

• Like 1

Are you sailing this summer before the dining change? If so you should make reservations in Dine My Way. Right now for anytime dining everyone that wants to sit together shows up and stands in line until a table is ready. If you wish to have a standing reservation for 12 then you have to speak to the head waiter or maitre'd. to arrange. 

At some point after September 1st the system is scheduled to change.

22 hours ago, mattR said:

Anytime dining is still available on the Royal right now correct?  Hoping to set up a standing reservation for two tables of six however if they can't accommodate that 

What problem are you having with making the reservations in the app? Or should be possible.

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

What problem are you having with making the reservations in the app? Or should be possible.

Everybody is having trouble making reservations.

6 hours ago, Kay S said:

Everybody is having trouble making reservations.

I haven’t been having trouble with cruises taking place soon, before the dining changes take effect

We rarely decide to eat in the dining room until we’ve seen the menu posted for that evening. More times than not it determines whether we eat there or elsewhere.  
What we have planned ashore for the day and what is shown on the activities (formerly known as the patter) listing determines what time we eat. 

That said we usually don’t reserve tables each night ahead of time, especially at the same time each evening. 

On 6/19/2024 at 9:42 PM, Torfamm said:

Can't reserve for 12 people in the app.    For simplicity we would prefer a more traditional same table same time every night.

I would reserve on 2 different guest's APP, (6 people each) same time, same dining room and then talk to the Maitre'd about how to be assigned near each other, when you board. Reservations can always be cancelled, but they can't be booked once they are full.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mattR said:

Can't reserve for 12 people in the app.    For simplicity we would prefer a more traditional same table same time every night.

I thought you said you wanted two tables for 6? They may not have tables for 12. You should be able to make one reservation and have someone else in your party make the second reservation. Once onboard you can request tables next to each other. 

Edited by Torfamm

I have a British Isle trip in Sept after the change and just got an email that reservations were not yet available due to system issues.

17 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I thought you said you wanted two tables for 6? They may not have tables for 12. You should be able to make one reservation and have someone else in your party make the second reservation. Once onboard you can request tables next to each other. 

Yes want two tables for 6 but now there are no reservations available on the app before 8 and two of our party need to eat early so I guess we will have to just do dine my way and show up at 5 and ask for two tables for 6 each night:(

4 hours ago, mattR said:

Yes want two tables for 6 but now there are no reservations available on the app before 8 and two of our party need to eat early so I guess we will have to just do dine my way and show up at 5 and ask for two tables for 6 each night:(

I think you will be successful with that approach.  The DR doesn't fill up that early.

10 hours ago, mattR said:

And tell them you would like those same two tables at the same time every night.

18 hours ago, mattR said:

I see, I thought you were saying that the app wasn’t able to accommodate reservations for two tables for 6 not that the MDR’s were fully booked.

You can definitely just walk up the first night and then ask if a reservation is possible for the remaining nights.