Cost for child on plus package

I am planning on a cruise with just my 10 year old granddaughter and myself.  If we get the plus package is the cost the same for both of us or is that a child’s rate?

The price for Plus is the same regardless of age. We are taking our Grandchildren on our next cruise, and they are paying full price. Don't forget that Plus does include the Crew Appreciation, Non-Alcohol Drinks, Wi-Fi as well as many other items that if purchased ala carte, when added up would cost significantly more.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chicopaige said:

I am planning on a cruise with just my 10 year old granddaughter and myself.  If we get the plus package is the cost the same for both of us or is that a child’s rate?

The exact same as an adult. 

1 hour ago, Mike A said:

Don't forget that Plus does include the Crew Appreciation, Non-Alcohol Drinks, Wi-Fi as well as many other items that if purchased ala carte, when added up would cost significantly more.

A child doesn't really need their separate wifi at 10 yo, so if you were to get them a soda package ($20 pppd) and grats ($16) - the sum would be significantly less than $60 pppd.

Of course, one couldn't just buy Plus package for one person in the cabin in advance, but one could try to get Plus for just one person when they are onboard. YMMV.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dog said:

This policy is ridiculous! A child does not use $60 pp per day worth! 

If the ad yet is going to get the package then the 2nd person does also. Once you add up CA, Wi-Fi, casual dining and tons of waters, sodas and mocktails it can come very close especially if the adult is going to partake in alcoholic beverages 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dog said:

As I said this is ridiculous.  I have A LOT of experience with 10 year olds. 
This Policy needs to be changed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, memoak said:

If the ad yet is going to get the package then the 2nd person does also. Once you add up CA, Wi-Fi, casual dining and tons of waters, sodas and mocktails it can come very close especially if the adult is going to partake in alcoholic beverages 

We get it and my husband doesn't drink except as you have stated. We find this worth the price for us and I only drink maybe two or three but also love my specialty coffees.

3 hours ago, chicopaige said:

Yes, the price is the same. The only difference is that she would get the no alcohol beverage package

3 hours ago, Mike A said:

The price for Plus is the same regardless of age. We are taking our Grandchildren on our next cruise, and they are paying full price. Don't forget that Plus does include the Crew Appreciation, Non-Alcohol Drinks, Wi-Fi as well as many other items that if purchased ala carte, when added up would cost significantly more.

Also remember if she goes to the kids club the tips to staff there isn't included. Just another thing to factor in. We get it for our grandson because he drinks soda and other non alcohol drinks but mainly for the Wi-Fi. He is into photography and has web pages. Been doing this for three years and loves it. Not cruising next year he will be starting high school so this summer will be it for a while. Definitely worth it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dog said:

As I said this is ridiculous.  I have A LOT of experience with 10 year olds. 
This Policy needs to be changed.

I disagree! I cruise with my two granddaughters 9 & 12 now I get the plus package for all three and feel it is a good value. Last year we cruised on a line that did not have package, the internet package was high and not as good as we have found star link to be. The drink packages were unreasonably costly so we went bought as we went. After the cruise I did a cost analysis and wished we had been on Princess with Plus.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

I disagree! I cruise with my two granddaughters 9 & 12 now I get the plus package for all three and feel it is a good value. Last year we cruised on a line that did not have package, the internet package was high and not as good as we have found star link to be. The drink packages were unreasonably costly so we went bought as we went. After the cruise I did a cost analysis and wished we had been on Princess with Plus.  

Listen,

I respect your opinion.

I stated my opinion.

I am going to log off.

1 hour ago, dog said:

If you paid individually for crew appreciation for both, ($16 each per day), wi-fi for both ($25 each per day), the plus alcoholic beverage package for one ($76.70 per day) and the zero alcohol package for the child, ($35.39 per day) you would pay over $194 per day. 

The child’s costs just for crew appreciation and the beverage package make it worth it even if they don’t use wi-fi.

17 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

If you paid individually for crew appreciation for both, ($16 each per day), wi-fi for both ($25 each per day), the plus alcoholic beverage package for one ($76.70 per day) and the zero alcohol package for the child, ($35.39 per day) you would pay over $194 per day. 

The child’s costs just for crew appreciation and the beverage package make it worth it even if they don’t use wi-fi.

$60 for a 'child' per day pays for a lot of 'beverages'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

$60 for a 'child' per day pays for a lot of 'beverages'

So from your answer they would not pay gratuity or get internet. 

1 minute ago, AZaTaz said:

correct - share parents internet login, parents have already paid the CA x 2 ... that's enough

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

correct - share parents internet login, parents have already paid the CA x 2 ... that's enough

This is OP is grandmother and granddaughter so not sure where second paid CA is but guess we will have to agree to disagree. I pay CA for all who are in cabin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

It is not parents. The OP is taking grandchild by themselves   

7 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

What child does not need internet ?  I am logged on all day myself and would not want to share. CA should be paid for all. Ever seen the mess a child can make ?

• Like 2

Just now, memoak said:

What child does not need internet ?  I am logged on all day myself and would not want to share. CA should be paid for all. Ever seen the mess a child can make ?

I agree that’s why I pay for Plus for both my granddaughters when I cruise with them. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, memoak said:

And I have watched 10 year olds on a cruise suck down tons of 

sodas and mocktails.

yeap, for $20 pppd for the soda package. Don't need the $60 pppd package for that. Even when you add $16 pppd grats, it's still under $60.

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

What child does not need internet ?  I am logged on all day myself and would not want to share.

why even bother cruising if you are spending the entire day on the internet? I already do that at home for $70 a month unlimited wifi for all 3 of us. We use the cruise time to get us and the child off of the internet.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

yeap, for $20 pppd for the soda package. Don't need the $60 pppd package for that. Even when you add $16 pppd grats, it's still under $60.

why even bother cruising if you are spending the entire day on the internet? I already do that at home for $70 a month unlimited wifi for all 3 of us. We use the cruise time to get us and the child off of the internet.

I am logged on the check news and sports and don’t want to log on and off all day. Also emails from friends and family. Also contacting private tour guides

Edited by memoak

When we cruised w our 8 & 10:year old grandkids, they did not have packages. We were prepared to pay for their beverages, but we were never charged.   I assume it was charged to our packages, since we rarely if ever drink 15/day. 
They don’t use Wi-Fi.  We did pay their gratuities of course.  

• Like 3