2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

5 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Maybe you can add that application to the spreadsheet, was wondering how @graphicguy was able to secure a top spot in your posse

#SchmoopieFest

Oh no, trust me.  @graphicguyis NOT in the top spot on the posse. I think he barely makes Honorable Mention. 

I have not added myself to the spreadsheet.  As Groucho Marx said (now I am showing my age) "I refuse to join any spreadsheet that would have me as a member" 

#SchmoopieFest

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I have not added myself to the spreadsheet.  As Groucho Marx said (now I am showing my age) "I refuse to join any spreadsheet that would have me as a member" 

#SchmoopieFest

I hope you will reconsider as the date gets closer and things firm up. In any case, I do love that classic Groucho line.

#SchmoopieFest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I hope you will reconsider as the date gets closer and things firm up. In any case, I do love that classic Groucho line.

#SchmoopieFest

I am sure you will be able to talk me into it...won't take much, LOL. Maybe we can even get T to come along. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2024 at 1:15 PM, cruiseny4life said:

@schmoopie17, so as not to clutter up @graphicguy's last remaining thoughts, I figured I'd move the lack of a 2026 cruise over here. It's not forgotten, mister...unless you're trying to schmoopie us in the future!! I haven't forgotten about the Google Sheet. In fact, I've created one! Based on my count, we're at least three, maybe four since @Sugar Magnolia said something on the live, too! 

For those that don't want to, well it's easy not to. I know some will continue to clutter up this thread (and probably say we can't plan a cruise, because we're not travel experts - you know, like we can't dream about features on a cruise ship unless we're maritime engineers). 

Anyway, if anyone is interested *clearing throat* @laudergayle and @MagnoliaBlossom, and others, head here and add in your Cruise Critic name. I did put in my email address, then realized it shows my phone number and current address if you search it. I'm thinking I need to make a new email given I don't exactly want to advertise to everyone where I live. 

It's an extremely basic sheet right now. There are two tabs:

1. Interested - No Commitment: Just add in your Cruise Critic name and number of folks you think you have. Add your email if you'd like. Don't add it. Either/or is totally ok! Cruise Critic is all about anonymity, if you'd like to remain anonymous and I'm not about to go rounds with our beautiful moderation team. 

2. Voyage Options: I added the Galveston, January cruise already. I also added a second 12 day cruise out of Tampa. Don't bother adding your selection to the main page yet. I think we should at least hold out until the summer 2026 cruises are posted by NCL. 

Anyone can edit, screw up, or laugh at the Google Sheet. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_6mL29I60rxhtElTw5UKKsr9aYdcpxF-de5BXUM9XE/edit?usp=sharing

My crystal ball says you live in New York....maybe Utica?

• Haha 1

So this might be way too early for some of us but is the cruise listed as the one we are going on?

And if it is, what date?

Since the cruises are very limited out of NYC we are looking at the Jade repositioning in January 2026, which would get us to Tampa on the 16th. 

A road trip along the Gulf Coast with a stop in NOLA for a couple of days sounds like a plan.

8 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Oh no, trust me.  @graphicguyis NOT in the top spot on the posse. I think he barely makes Honorable Mention. 

#SchmoopieFest

I am sad! 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

So this might be way too early for some of us but is the cruise listed as the one we are going on?

And if it is, what date?

Since the cruises are very limited out of NYC we are looking at the Jade repositioning in January 2026, which would get us to Tampa on the 16th. 

A road trip along the Gulf Coast with a stop in NOLA for a couple of days sounds like a plan.

Nothing locked in yet! Just a couple of options. I'm really interested to see what spring/summer 2026 brings. And, given vacation days, as @laudergayle pointed out, if we can find a couple of back to back (with different ports, so not really a back to back), that might be helpful. I'm, unfortunately, still working and don't have unlimited time off. Perhaps I should start a retire cruiseny gofund me. Then I could join everyone on their cruises and provide my opinions in real life. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

I thought you made it, I'm surprised and saddened by that revelation as well. Maybe @mking8288 made it into the posse?

@mking8288 had all the potential as well, but I never saw him at any of the nightly parties..so no. In fact, he had the audacity to blame his DW for his reason to retire earlier in the evening. No worries though...I seldom shut the door and do give some points for making a good faith effort. And I never know whether I might need to borrow some gadget from his bag of tricks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

I thought you made it, I'm surprised and saddened by that revelation as well. Maybe @mking8288 made it into the posse?

Haha, I'm afraid ... she was "mad" at me a # of times for being cruel, so I'll probably need a good report from her probation officer.  DW and I as a general rule, don't plan that far out and flying in/out of the Northeast / NY in mid winter is like spinning the Wheel of Fortune, even with air deviations ... but let's see what the 2026 NCL schedule is going to be like, not much & slim offering out of NY for sure.   Did look at the proposed Tampa itinerary and the inclusive 2 For 1 "free" FAS airfare w transfer isn't bad at all.   The other routing/ship with GSC planned is cool itself and will get to compare the Viva vs. the Prima.   Hopefully, the pier construction at GSC will be finished before/by then or else, that's going to be a lot of sea days onboard sailing east due to "unforeseen" circumstances.  

P.S.  See, I (spoke) replied too soon but thanks, Sy ... for even thinking of me to be on your short list.  Getting old, it's not that we don't party & dance, knees & feet aren't what it used to be as in the Saturday Night Fever days.  But, whatever ... I'm usually around - remotely if needed - to help figure out some of the funky IT issues onboard.  And, I just got a new vest, dark in color & easier to blend in (still, no tux in about 60 days ...) 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

And, I just got a new vest, dark in color & easier to blend in (still, no tux in about 60 days ...) 

But how will we recognize you without your signature yellow vest?

Looking forward to your thoughts on your next two sailings and a pic of you in the tux with the vest. Also hoping to join one of your foodie tours through Queens.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Hoping you end up joining. I used to live in Paradise Valley (as well as other AZ locations) and would enjoy exchanging summer desert survival stories.

I am sure I will make an effort to join but I don't know what I am doing next week, much less in 2026. I tried to add myself to the spreadsheet but all I managed was my CC name and then it started acting funky and I didn't want to break it so maybe @cruiseny4lifecan add a 1 for me.

Either itinerary sounds good...my plan at this time is to sail on ships I haven't been on, from ports I haven't sailed out of, to places I haven't been. Been on the Viva but not the Jewel, never sailed out of either port and haven't been to some of the stops. 

Funny, I didn't see @graphicguyon the spreadsheet...  Hope this becomes a reality.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I am sure I will make an effort to join but I don't know what I am doing next week, much less in 2026. I tried to add myself to the spreadsheet but all I managed was my CC name and then it started acting funky and I didn't want to break it so maybe @cruiseny4lifecan add a 1 for me.

Either itinerary sounds good...my plan at this time is to sail on ships I haven't been on, from ports I haven't sailed out of, to places I haven't been. Been on the Viva but not the Jewel, never sailed out of either port and haven't been to some of the stops. 

Funny, I didn't see @graphicguyon the spreadsheet...  Hope this becomes a reality.

Glad you added your name to the spreadsheet @debenson0723.

The spreadsheet is for anyone who is interested in but not necessarily committed to joining this #SchmoopieFest #SchmoopiePalooza #SchmoopieStock #BurningSchoompie #SchoompieBash #SchmoopieCon.

I hope to see @graphicguy and @mking8288 added to the spreadsheet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Glad you added your name to the spreadsheet @debenson0723.

The spreadsheet is for anyone who is interested in but not necessarily committed to joining this #SchmoopieFest #SchmoopiePalooza #SchmoopieStock #BurningSchoompie #SchoompieBash #SchmoopieCon.

I hope to see @graphicguy and @mking8288 added to the spreadsheet.

I have a fear of committment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

Hoping you end up joining. I used to live in Paradise Valley (as well as other AZ locations) and would enjoy exchanging summer desert survival stories.

Not that I'd ever take us off on a tailspin...I absolutely adore the desert. Love it! The colors, the heat, the creatures (yep, I enjoy seeing giant arachnids and rattlers), the way plants just hang on to life. 

I've been listening to a desert conservation podcast, 90 Miles from Needles. There are lovely stories, including desert exploration, but also a lot of stories about conservation/preservation, so it may not be for everyone. If you're a desert lover, you might be interested. 

If you and @debenson0723 ever start talking about your survival stories in 110 degree temps, I'd love to just be there to sip a Capt & Coke, while listening to you both. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

If you and @debenson0723 ever start talking about your survival stories in 110 degree temps, I'd love to just be there to sip a Capt & Coke, while listening to you both. 

110 degrees is child's play. Try golfing in 116 degrees. Been there, done that. Will not ever do it again, especially since I suck at golf. (But, as they say, it's a dry heat).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

We don't necessarily need to focus on NCL if other options arise. Although it would be nice to utilize my 10% Veterans discount...as well as our newly arrived at Platinum status to score those awesome chocolate-covered strawberry halves.

I'm just gonna say it. If you want cruiseny's husband onboard to hear about the real me, it's gotta be NCL. If not, then it can be anywhere else. You'll find us high and haughty in the rafters of the Haven (not really high or haughty - I hope).