2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

1 minute ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Now I am thinking I would rather watch the eclipse from Greenland or Iceland in August.

I'd be up for that.  I love Iceland and never been to Greenland. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Now I am thinking I would rather watch the eclipse from Greenland or Iceland in August.

The one thing to consider is potential clouds. On the cruise back in 1999, as were south of Great Britain for the eclipse, there were lots of clouds, The then Norwegian-based company NCL paid for a helicopter to find where there was a break in the clouds. We didn't get to see the moon approach the sun, but the ship was directed to a place where there was a break in the clouds and we reached the break just as totality started. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, GALSews said:

The one thing to consider is potential clouds. On the cruise back in 1999, as were south of Great Britain for the eclipse, there were lots of clouds, The then Norwegian-based company NCL paid for a helicopter to find where there was a break in the clouds. We didn't get to see the moon approach the sun, but the ship was directed to a place where there was a break in the clouds and we reached the break just as totality started. 

Yes agree...the weather is so unstable in that region.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I'd be up for that.  I love Iceland and never been to Greenland. 

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Send pics.  Don't mind me.  I'll revel in you guys being on a ship somewhere where I want to go. 😉

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

For that kind of money I will fly to Spain, put a lawnchair in a kiddie pool and enjoy the eclipse. 

Cheaper yet...Go outside any day of the year. Close your eyes. Instant eclipse-ish experience.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

You'll be so jealous.

I won't. I've seen Iceland, albeit very briefly, and Greenland is almost entirely ice. Not my choice of vacation destinations. I've also seen several eclipses.

Edited by omahabob

11 minutes ago, omahabob said:

I won't. I've seen Iceland, albeit very briefly, and Greenland is almost entirely ice. Not my choice of vacation destinations. I've also seen several eclipses.

I love my cold weather cruises. There is not much to do in Greenland but I was mistaken for a local Inuit at the supermarket by a cruise ship passenger so that is now my alter ego.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

When we did a British Isles cruise, we had the remnants of a hurricane both for our day in London pre-cruise and the first day of the cruise.

Avoid the Caribbean in August, and still get a hurricane. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Send pics.  Don't mind me.  I'll revel in you guys being on a ship somewhere where I want to go. 😉

What?  Your date book is already filled for August 2026??!!  I know you are charming but c'mon...you gotta have a week or two available.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

What?  Your date book is already filled for August 2026??!!  I know you are charming but c'mon...you gotta have a week or two available.

I’m so confused.  I see discussions for this year, next year, and the year after that!

I’m going to have to start my own xls sheet to keep track!   😉

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I’m so confused.  I see discussions for this year, next year, and the year after that!

I’m going to have to start my own xls sheet to keep track!   😉

That's what I have to do!  It's hard to keep up with all of @Sugar Magnoliaplans.

But here's the Reader's Digest version as I see it now...you have already opted out of the November 2024 Prima TA. #SchmoopieFest 2025 is the Eastbound Joy LA to Miami Panama Canal cruise starting February 6th. @cruiseny4lifehas his own cruise in February 2025, Western Caribbean out of NOLA (I think...this is from memory). 

And for 2026, there are 2 options on the spreadsheet, both of which look good to me, as well as someone mentioned the European total eclipse cruise in August 2026. But NCL doesn't have those dates released yet so this is speculation at this time.

Got it?? 🤪

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Good question, are you considering 😸 loungers in the Haven section including OL aren't problematic, no ?  

BTW, steak & eggs with hashbrown was at a Cracker Barrel pit stop, better than our local greasy spoon and reasonably priced at $20.  Niece's pooch was staring at the weekend BBQ setup in the backyard as I was tasked with keeping her away, crawl at me to feel guilty and slip her bites. 

Collage_2024-07-07_10_43_24.thumb.jpg.b4588665c27e3c6fc5222da2b7cd31a7.jpg

Don't you miss those old NCL poolside lunch with ribs, wings, pork chops, burgers, sausages, corn & hotdogs on the older ship days 😋  

Happy Monday, all  ... heatwave continues, elementary school friend living in Vegas said they reached 119 degrees F yesterday. 

Wow, you could set up the bow for a Panama Canal trip with the tent or a poolside grill out.

Plus it looks like Moderno is being offered.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

That's what I have to do!  It's hard to keep up with all of @Sugar Magnoliaplans.

But here's the Reader's Digest version as I see it now...you have already opted out of the November 2024 Prima TA. #SchmoopieFest 2025 is the Eastbound Joy LA to Miami Panama Canal cruise starting February 6th. @cruiseny4lifehas his own cruise in February 2025, Western Caribbean out of NOLA (I think...this is from memory). 

And for 2026, there are 2 options on the spreadsheet, both of which look good to me, as well as someone mentioned the European total eclipse cruise in August 2026. But NCL doesn't have those dates released yet so this is speculation at this time.

Got it?? 🤪

So....everyone has preferences, but they may or may not coincide with each other, right? 😉

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, omahabob said:

I've seen Iceland, albeit very briefly, and Greenland is almost entirely ice. 

I haven't been to either. If Greenland is mostly ice, is Iceland mostly green?

• Haha 2

On 6/24/2024 at 1:15 PM, cruiseny4life said:

@schmoopie17, so as not to clutter up @graphicguy's last remaining thoughts, I figured I'd move the lack of a 2026 cruise over here. It's not forgotten, mister...unless you're trying to schmoopie us in the future!! I haven't forgotten about the Google Sheet. In fact, I've created one! Based on my count, we're at least three, maybe four since @Sugar Magnolia said something on the live, too! 

For those that don't want to, well it's easy not to. I know some will continue to clutter up this thread (and probably say we can't plan a cruise, because we're not travel experts - you know, like we can't dream about features on a cruise ship unless we're maritime engineers). 

Anyway, if anyone is interested *clearing throat* @laudergayle and @MagnoliaBlossom, and others, head here and add in your Cruise Critic name. I did put in my email address, then realized it shows my phone number and current address if you search it. I'm thinking I need to make a new email given I don't exactly want to advertise to everyone where I live. 

It's an extremely basic sheet right now. There are two tabs:

1. Interested - No Commitment: Just add in your Cruise Critic name and number of folks you think you have. Add your email if you'd like. Don't add it. Either/or is totally ok! Cruise Critic is all about anonymity, if you'd like to remain anonymous and I'm not about to go rounds with our beautiful moderation team. 

2. Voyage Options: I added the Galveston, January cruise already. I also added a second 12 day cruise out of Tampa. Don't bother adding your selection to the main page yet. I think we should at least hold out until the summer 2026 cruises are posted by NCL. 

Anyone can edit, screw up, or laugh at the Google Sheet. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_6mL29I60rxhtElTw5UKKsr9aYdcpxF-de5BXUM9XE/edit?usp=sharing

I’m spread sheet challenged and ant figure out to input info, so maybe you can enter it for me, pretty please

Magnolia Blossom and her hunk a hunk a burning love, 2 people, we’re booked on Viva 1/10/26 from Galveston and Prima 3/21/25.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I’m spread sheet challenged and ant figure out to input info, so maybe you can enter it for me, pretty please

Magnolia Blossom and her hunk a hunk a burning love, 2 people, we’re booked on Viva 1/10/26 from Galveston and Prima 3/21/25.

You and your hunk are added, my yellow rose! 

I really wish that V!va sailing could work for us, but I'm thinking it is not going to just based on the number of PTO days I'd have to request. Don't worry, when I added you I spelled V!va and Pr1ma the non-cruiseny4life way. 🙂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I really wish that V!va sailing could work for us, but I'm thinking it is not going to just based on the number of PTO days I'd have to request.

I am still hoping that you will win the lottery which you seldom play. Then you can charter the ship and none of us would have to go through the menial task of booking with NCL. The ship would have endless supplies of cookies, hash browns and Grass Clippings for @schmoopie17.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I am still hoping that you will win the lottery which you seldom play. Then you can charter the ship and none of us would have to go through the menial task of booking with NCL. The ship would have endless supplies of cookies, hash browns and Grass Clippings for @schmoopie17.

Just imagine - 50 Cruise Criticers having the run of Norwegian Pr1ma. For a full 14 days as we galivant around Europe!!

As it turns out, I did purchase a ticket on Monday. Alas, I lost. Like normal. 

Here is just one area of the buffet that will make us all smile with glee!

On a Norwegian Cruise Line cruise ship Prima, mounds of hashbrowns and cookies oon the buffet

Source: Microsoft Image Generator

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Just imagine - 50 Cruise Criticers having the run of Norwegian Pr1ma. For a full 14 days as we galivant around Europe!!

I dare say you can do better than that. We want the Aqua!

And no one is allowed in the fitness center while we are relaxing at the thermal suite.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I dare say you can do better than that. We want the Aqua!

And no one is allowed in the fitness center while we are relaxing at the thermal suite.

Fitness center? Come on! The door to that place is going to be locked. This is all about indulgence and relaxation, with a giant side of @schmoopie17's stand up comedy.

*sigh* Aqua it is! Everyone likes bigger, right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1