Introducing Seven Seas Prestige

16 hours ago, flossie009 said:

I am sure the new ships will continue Regent's high standards, but maybe re-think the name to something more nautical.

Can't seem to get the following out of my mind:

Prestige cookware

The Prestige movie

The Goldenpass line here in Switzerland -- Montreux to Luzern via Interlaken Ost - has a new train with an "upmarket" area called "Prestige Class".   Maybe Regent wants to get into scenic train travel ?  !!

21 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Hmmmm

The Regent new baby….

So what ship, if any, is going to be cut from the squad?

You will be able to tell which ship is being deleted when the 26/27 schedules come out next week. If the Voyager or Navigator is slated for Mediterranean fall 2026 followed by trans Atlantic then Caribbean then back to back Panama Canal then more Caribbean then that ship’s itineraries can be swapped out for the PCH. Since neither of those ships have done that order of itineraries it will be a tell tale sign. If neither ship has these itineraries I will be totally wrong; not the first time. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Ick, glad I'm going to miss all that. It's all so over the top.

How so? I can't tell much from the (computer-generated) long shot of the ship.

18 hours ago, eroller said:

No bump-outs from the looks of it.  We will know much more when deck plans are released, which I think will be relatively soon.  

Agreed.  I CG render isn't exactly a set of blueprints.  I'm not getting too excited until some specs come out.

23 hours ago, GMIAC said:

How so? I can't tell much from the (computer-generated) long shot of the ship.

Mostly I'm reacting to the marketing language. The ships are all fine as they are, in terms of luxury, although I admit I like the newer ones. But they just don't need to get any more luxurious (or expensive.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Mostly I'm reacting to the marketing language. The ships are all fine as they are, in terms of luxury, although I admit I like the newer ones. But they just don't need to get any more luxurious (or expensive.)

I'm not sure they'll be any more luxurious, per se, but I am intrigued by how they'll feel with the considerably more spacious plans. 

8 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Ever notice how every new condo building under construction has a big sign out front advertising “luxury apartments?”

Exactly.  Now I want to sail on the most prestigi-estic ship around.  That way I should be able to get the luxury experience my husband and I have worked so hard to achieve.

8 hours ago, Bruce61 said:

But some of you will be clamoring to stay in the Prestige Suite, and have drinks in the Prestige Lounge.  

Yeah, that's us, as soon as the lottery cooperates.

We've already got Splendor and Grandeur, but Prestige is over the top?  Eh, just give me a cold martini and the lobster tempura in Pacific Rim.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 11:13 AM, jjs217 said:

Exactly.  Now I want to sail on the most prestigi-estic ship around.  That way I should be able to get the luxury experience my husband and I have worked so hard to achieve.

Don't you mean the luxuriestic experience?

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2024 at 2:10 PM, cAPS lOCK oN said:

I don't like the name much. Up until and including Explorer their names all had some association with sea voyages. Now they seem to emphasize how expensive they are.

Actually the names are all Royal Caribbean.  We, back in our younger days, sailed on Grandeur of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, and Splendor of the Seas.  Always wondered.... did the "namer of ships" at Regent come from Royal Caribbean? 🤔😜

2 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Actually the names are all Royal Caribbean.  We, back in our younger days, sailed on Grandeur of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, and Splendor of the Seas.  Always wondered.... did the "namer of ships" at Regent come from Royal Caribbean? 🤔😜

Has there been a Prestige of the Seas?